Would you vote for Jesus?

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:07 pm
Thanks.
As a die hard athiest i appeal to all the participants of A2k to trace the visibility of invisible, omnipotent and all-pervasive power
which is supposed to be the GOD
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:55 pm
Jesus would not run.

"Hence when the men saw the signs he performed, they began to say: "This is for a certainty the prophet that was to come into the world." 15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone." (John 6: 14,15)
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 10:57 am
neologist wrote:
Jesus would not run.

The House Speaker (reverentially and intimately): "Ladies and Gentlemen, I would, without further ado, like to tell you about our new President (crowd whispers loudly in anticipation).

The House Speaker (screaming): Jesus Christ Almighty - Our Lord and Savior - the new president of these United States - the Son of God!" (crowd hollers in religious fervor).

The House Speaker (in a deep slow rich sonorous tone - rather like James Earl Jones): "His was a hard race that began in poverty and ended in pain on a cross. His was a race that lead Him around a track lined with hatred, bitterness, opposition and the desire to see Him dead."

"His was a race that set the perfect example of how a race should be run. His was a race in which He never faltered. He never lost sight of the goal and He never quit running until the goal had been achieved. When you feel like quitting, just look to Jesus and consider the race He ran for you and me!"
(The crowd becomes uncontrollably affected; women swoon, men stare unblinking at the heavens, children cling to their parents in uncertainty, hounds bay woefully, cats hiss angrily.....)

Jesus Christ Almighty, the 44th president of the United States, steps simply to the podium.....his haberdashery and personal grooming are a step above Saville Row.....his poise immaculate.......his eyes infinite....his face beatific in its perfection.

He opens his mouth to speak........the silence of the crowd is painfully deafening........the anticipation just beyond human tolerance........
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 03:45 am
Love it.

Don't quite see the point, but love it anyway.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 10:00 am
Clever.

You should take up writing scripts, Chumly.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
The genesis (BAD pun) of the script came from a sermon I "borrowed" that tied running a marathon with Jesus: Steps For Staying In The Race plus I wanted to counter your assertion that "Jesus would not run" (BAD pun again).
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:50 pm
I suppose it would be more appropriate to assert that he would not accept the nomination.

Prolly wouldn't even go to the convention.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 03:11 pm
Is it your belief then that Jesus eschewed (gesundheit!) any kind of leadership position?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 04:08 pm
Fact
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 04:09 pm
neologist wrote:
Fact

How does one have followers if one does not lead?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 04:11 pm
He eschewed any worldy political leadership. See my earlier posts in this thread
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 04:20 pm
Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5).
Jesus overturned the money changers' tables (Matthew 21:12)

Sounds leader-ish.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 05:33 pm
jesus is a homeless hippie and he wears a dress, I would never vote for him no matter what his views were
0 Replies