Would you vote for Jesus?

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:09 am
This is mostly for the Conservative Christians, but anyone's opinion would be welcome.

So, you all know what a big liberal Jesus was. So how do you reconcile this with your conservative political principals?

Would you vote for Jesus if he came back to earth today and decided to run against McCain?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,919 • Replies: 92
No top replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:17 am
bookmark Kicky - I'll be back :wink: to read anyway
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:23 am
Re: Would you vote for Jesus?
kickycan wrote:
This is mostly for the Conservative Christians, but anyone's opinion would be welcome.

So, you all know what a big liberal Jesus was. So how do you reconcile this with your conservative political principals?

Would you vote for Jesus if he came back to earth today and decided to run against McCain?

Perhaps it would help if you specify why you think 'Jesus was a liberal'.

(Hint: This is a trick question.)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:26 am
That is not even a question.

But he was, big time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:31 am
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:

No. Play your idiotic diversionary questions game with someone who hasn't seen it a million times.

Just answer the question please: Would you vote for Jesus?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:31 am
McTag wrote:
That is not even a question.

But he was, big time.

So, examples should be easy. Go for it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:32 am
mismi wrote:
bookmark Kicky - I'll be back :wink: to read anyway

Great to see you. Please feel free to jump in. Like Jesus, I welcome all into my flock. Smile
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:32 am
kickycan wrote:
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:

No. Play your idiotic diversionary questions game with someone who hasn't seen it a million times.

Of course I would.

It's too bad you can't even make an effort to support your position, kicky. But not surprising.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:42 am
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Of course I would.

It's too bad you can't even make an effort to support your position, kicky. But not surprising.

Tell ya what. Why don't you tell me why you think Jesus wasn't a liberal?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:44 am
I would not vote for Hagee's Jesus but would vote for Rev. Wright's Jesus.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:46 am
kickycan wrote:
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:
real life wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Of course I would.

Tell ya what. Why don't you tell me why you think Jesus wasn't a liberal?

You mean you can't even come up with one example to back your assertion?

I answered your question with an unqualified Yes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:53 am
So you would vote for Jesus, even though he was a liberal. Thanks for playing.

How do you reconcile that with your non-liberal political ideas?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:03 am
kickycan wrote:
So you would vote for Jesus, even though he was a liberal. Thanks for playing.

How do you reconcile that with your non-liberal political ideas?

You are assuming your point in order to prove your point.

You've given no proof that your premise is correct, kicky.

Apparently you can't.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:05 am
Since He was not a natural born US citizen, He would not be eligible to run for President, thus I could not vote for Him for president.

Now if per chance the law was changed to allow Him to run for president, I highly doubt He would get the democratic nod to run against McCain since I'm quite certain He would not support abortion policy. I also don't think He would be pushing to raise taxes, since He only demands a 10% tithe. I just don't see Him believing that the government could not operate on a like tax rate.

So, He would then have to run as an independent or a republican. I think had He sought the republican nomination, He would have easily beaten McCain. Thus the choice would be between Jesus and either Hillary or Obama. I'd vote Jesus in a heartbeat.

If He ran as an independent, I would probably vote for Him since I would still believe Him to be better than McCain. In that case, He would probably lose since the republican vote would be split and democrats would never cross party lines to vote for a right to lifer as I believe Christ to be.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:13 am
How many liberals here on A2K would vote for Jesus?

C'mon, speak up, liberals.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:33 am
First, a disclaimer. I was raised by conservative Democrats, and even what is described as a liberal Democrat is liberal only in comparison to reactionary Republicans. On any sane and reasonable scale of the political spectrum, i am not a liberal. However, i understand that to the gun-loving, with god on our side, "supply side economics" Republican conservative wingnuts, i qualify as a liberal, so i'll be content with that. As for whether or not your boy Hey-Zeus was "liberal," on the scale that applies in the United States, he certainly was.

Matthew, Chapter 25, verses 31-46, in the King James Version:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Coastal Rat (what a clown!) writes:

Quote:
. . . since I'm quite certain He would not support abortion policy.

I'm not denying that this is true, but i don't recall a citation, chapter and verse, to support this claim. Perhaps CR can enlighten us. Personally, i;d rather not be bothered by tortured exegesis. Please provide an unambiguous passage which condemns the practice.

He also writes:

Quote:
I also don't think He would be pushing to raise taxes, since He only demands a 10% tithe. I just don't see Him believing that the government could not operate on a like tax rate.

How very curious a position to take. As i recall it, Hey-Zeus advised paying the going tax rate, because affairs temporal are not to be confused with affairs heavenly. See Luke, Chapter 20, verses 21-25:

And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly:

Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no?

But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

I'm glad to see that you boys would support a true liberal, and not some tax-and-spend phony Republican conservative.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:44 am
real life wrote:

Not I for sure.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:51 am
No - I love and respect him too much to want to see him get crucified...

If we lived in a different world where people might respect him - hell yeah- I'd vote for him. Although I don't think his leadership style would work well in a democracy...he'd be overrun by the power-hungry elite- you know turning the other cheek and all that.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:31 am
dyslexia wrote:
real life wrote:

Not I for sure.

If He is as liberal as you imply , then why not?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:33 am
CoastalRat wrote:
I highly doubt He would get the democratic nod to run against McCain since I'm quite certain He would not support abortion policy. I also don't think He would be pushing to raise taxes, since He only demands a 10% tithe. I just don't see Him believing that the government could not operate on a like tax rate.

How do you know Jesus wouldn't support abortion rights?

Jesus was a Jew, and they permit abortion, under certain circumstances. For instance, if the mothers life is in danger. I personally don't believe the issue of "when" a fetus became a human came up until people started asking themselves when the fetus was viable.

I don't recall Jesus ever stating when the fetus was human, and in Jewish law, the fetus is a potential human until the head emerges.
0 Replies