whats wrong with a canada mexico usa merger?

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:17 pm
roger wrote:
I was responding with this quote in mind, DTOM.

real life wrote:
Actually, instead of a Canada-US-Mexico merger, I would be more likely to favor giving New York to the Canadians and California to Mexico.

It would solve a lot of problems in the US.

naw, i know. just saw a cheap excuse to type nuevo mexico. Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:21 pm
oh
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:26 pm
real life wrote:
Kinda defensive , aren't you? I've read many of your posts but I don't recall a kentucky fried accent previously.

not particularly. i'm pretty sick of people ragging on california and new york, though.

and i don't consider spellings like "yer", "ya" or droppin' g's on words to be all that southern fried.

Oh well, I'll accept that it's probably my fault. I've got a photographic memory, but I didn't put in the film today.

I was born and raised and still living after many decades in the Kansas City area.

used to have a friend from k.c. in california, that is.

Yes, she was probably glad to get away from me at the time, but now she probably thinks and believes more like I do than any other member of our rather large extended family.

that's fine. it's not everybody's pace. i'm cool with that. just like the town i'm in right now isn't for everybody. not even all tennesseans like it.

point is, it's tiresome constantly hearing people act like california, new york or any of the places in this country are useless.

it's all the same country. we all have to pay taxes for all the same crap. there's 50 states and they are all the real america.

0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:44 pm
DTOM,

Relax and get used to it. No offense meant.

It's humor.

We get our share of it here.

We're 'fly over country' etc , the folks in the middle that don't matter because every thing is run from both coasts.

We're the uncultured, unhip, ignorant blah blah blah because we're in the midwest.

'Hey you guys have cows walking down the street in Kansas City, right?'

Grow a thick skin and laugh about it. I do.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:47 pm
hey my family is from kansas! wooop!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:49 pm
real life wrote:
DTOM,

Relax and get used to it. No offense meant.

It's humor.

We get our share of it here.

We're 'fly over country' etc , the folks in the middle that don't matter because every thing is run from both coasts.

We're the uncultured, unhip, ignorant blah blah blah because we're in the midwest.

'Hey you guys have cows walking down the street in Kansas City, right?'

Grow a thick skin and laugh about it. I do.

good enuff...
0 Replies