Rama's Book of Political Verse

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:50 am
I think we've all had some trouble attempting to categorize rama's [many] contributions here. The syntax, the metre, the whiffs of jasmine mixed with burning flag, the beautiful chaos of it all.

Kindly consider, if you will, the following post, written this lovely spring morning...

Quote:
mangos from south India is better .

Ask any Indians around your corner.
Andhra predesh, Chennai, mangos.
The best tasty one.

Oh how I miss this lovely simple things.
Why I waste my life ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,338 • Replies: 92
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:51 am
Ramma Damma Ding Dong
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
Nah...it takes a soft heart to write lines like that. Pull your claws in for a bit and give it a try.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:02 am
One little, two little, three little Indians living in America and living the American Dream and more.

One little Indian in Germany dreaming of the American Dream.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:18 am
Brand X wrote:
One little, two little, three little Indians living in America and living the American Dream and more.

D-
Your cadence is much too smooth and your syntax far too sequential. Probably most importantly, in terms of poetic spirit, you'll have trouble finding any examples of rama making fun of an individual. He seems to be quite without that sort of pettiness. He writes on a grander, more heroic scale.

Quote:
"elitist"
The word irks my conscience.
Hitler a half backed potatoe had many intellectuals/elitists to uphold his noble cause.
Gandhi a real intelligen person is a half nake fakir..
Most of the Germans are fed up with Hitler and try to understand Gandhi .
Why?

In USA the same case.
Bush had many intellectual luminaries to uphold his views.
Present day image of USA is shattered beyond redemtion.
Why?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:25 am
Quote:
I live in Köln
And I know what is going on here.

Simple. Evocative. It pulls us in immediately. What is going on in Koln? I sure as hell want to know and eagerly await further details.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:31 am
Ramafuchs wrote:
Buy someTHING
and
don't THINK too much.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:36 am
Ramafuchs wrote:
Are you stimulated with The corporate dancer pary's achievement?
Which dancer you had decided to stimulate further ?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:48 am
How Asians and Westerners Think Differently and Why
My latest book purchase just arrived to add to my stack. I think more people should read it rather than making fun of people from other lands---and they might learn something. ---BBB

The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently and Why
by Richard E. Nisbett (Author)

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly

This book may mark the beginning of a new front in the science wars. Nisbett, an eminent psychologist and co-author of a seminal Psychological Review paper on how people talk about their decision making, reports on some of his latest work in cultural psychology. He contends that "[h]uman cognition is not everywhere the same"-that those brought up in Western and East Asian cultures think differently from one another in scientifically measurable ways. Such a contention pits his work squarely against evolutionary psychology (as articulated by Steven Pinker and others) and cognitive science, which assume all appreciable human characteristics are "hard wired."

Initial chapters lay out the traditional differences between Aristotle and Confucius, and the social practices that produced (and have grown out of) these differing "homeostatic approaches" to the world: Westerners tend to inculcate individualism and choice (40 breakfast cereals at the supermarket), while East Asians are oriented toward group relations and obligations ("the tall poppy is cut down" remains a popular Chinese aphorism).

Next, Nisbett presents his actual experiments and data, many of which measure reaction times in recalling previously shown objects. They seem to show East Asians (a term Nisbett uses as a catch-all for Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and others) measurably more holistic in their perceptions (taking in whole scenes rather than a few stand-out objects).

Westerners, or those brought up in Northern European and Anglo-Saxon-descended cultures, have a "tunnel-vision perceptual style" that focuses much more on identifying what's prominent in certain scenes and remembering it. Writing dispassionately yet with engagement, Nisbett explains the differences as "an inevitable consequence of using different tools to understand the world." If his explanation turns out to be generally accepted, it means a big victory for memes in their struggle with genes.

From Scientific American

Nisbett, a psychologist and Distinguished University Professor at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, used to believe that "all human groups perceive and reason in the same way." A series of events and studies led him gradually to quite another view, that Asians and Westerners "have maintained very different systems of thought for thousands of years." Different how?

"The collective or interdependent nature of Asian society is consistent with Asians' broad, contextual view of the world and their belief that events are highly complex and determined by many factors.

The individualistic or independent nature of Western society seems consistent with the Western focus on particular objects in isolation from their context and with Westerners' belief that they can know the rules governing objects and therefore can control the objects' behavior." Nisbett explores areas that manifest these different approaches--among them medicine, law, science, human rights and international relations.

Are the societal differences so great that they will lead to conflict? Nisbett thinks not. "I believe the twain shall meet by virtue of each moving in the direction of the other."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:11 am
Thanks B.

Tico has the spirit. B for contribution.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:14 am
Try reading "The Lotus and the Robot' by Arthur Koestler.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:27 am
Ich bin ein Pfannkuchen.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
1/3 tireless bore, completely insensitive to the interests of those he is addressing

1/3 intense emitter of neurotic psychobabble

1/3 potential as idiot savant
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 10:55 am
Brand X wrote:

You've got to get this right: It's the "AMERICAN DREAM". Capitalization is important here.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:11 pm
Insteaded of denigrating the activve participants and mocking the ignorance
let Abele2Know educate, enliven, enlighten and
therby make this forum a better one.
Rama
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:41 pm
Oh, quit gesplittin the minuscule.
If your intent is to make this a better forum
you seriously lack for direction.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:47 pm
I am as ignorant as all the people who uphold their ignorant views.

Rama Fuchs
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
My humble request to the viewer of this thread.
Why most of you ignore
Mahtma Gandhi
Nelson Madela
martin Luther king
Mother theresa?
Karl Marx?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:28 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Gandhi will never die.
Nor karl Marx.
Consume
be a crucifier.

Death is communism.
Life is a Dream made in USA
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:58 pm
Quote:
Let there be some mothers to rewrite the constitution of USA.
Bush had opined the international law is not according to American Interest.
What a lousy time we all live allow this barbarism.
0 Replies