Ben Stien's new movie EXSPELLED

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:30 pm
This movie didn't even make a big splash in a little pool.

And I think Ben Stein probably hurt his career more than helped it. In the past, his collection of useless knowledge used to make him seem smart, but now he just seems like a fool with a collection of useless trivia that he obviously can't string together into a coherent understanding of basic science. Bueller? Bueller? ... Bueller?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:52 pm
We were talking about just that the other day. Stein, who had billed himself as a top intellect, has lost any credibility that he may have had. Hes a buffoon, and a party to a big lie.

PS, have you seen the movie yet ros? Its just loaded with obvious untruths and half truths that I wonder about Steins ethics as well.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:21 pm
farmerman wrote:
PS, have you seen the movie yet ros? Its just loaded with obvious untruths and half truths that I wonder about Steins ethics as well.

No, I haven't seen it. I haven't seen the "Moon Landing Hoax" movies or the "9/11 Conspiracy Theory" movies either, even though I'm sure they are all very entertaining, in that... "people are such idiots" sort of way.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:29 pm
now now. I asked that so I could discuss some of the obvious points in the movie. You must see it just for the enlightenment it offers when the IDjits talk about "critical thin king" .

It needs to be reviewed in classes just to show how the media can manipulate.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:00 am
Here is a Collection of video lectures from Rockefeller University. For some reason, Ben Stein wasn't invited to speak.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:17 am
Whatever happened to Ben Stein? He used to be a "pundit" on several shows. I wonder whether the movie has typecast him into a Neo-Creationist role
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:34 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
"people are such idiots" sort of way.

We all know that disagreement with ros is what defines "idiots". One has to wonder why he keeps labouring the point.

And effemm is back with his "IDjits" which grants permission to go back to AIDs-ers I think. If he can't manage minimal respect is there any reason why we should.
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 05:53 pm
@spendius,
If that's the code of ethics you live, by all means use AIDsers to your hearts content. I think you're just looking for an excuse to use the phrase anyways.

T
K
O
0 Replies