If I Wanted to Watch a Bunch of Old Queens in Dresses...

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 03:12 am
He's a member of the Red Hat Society.

http://www.newhampshireredhats.com/graphics/Red_Hat_Society_Logo.gif

http://bp2.blogger.com/_ZGwDlV6YjNU/Rnkl70x8E7I/AAAAAAAAAQQ/tyU5pmmfARk/s400/popemobile.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:09 am
saab wrote:
These shoes are supplied by Gammarelli

Well, I wasn't kidding or being ignorant.

I think those are really nice shoes.

I know Gammarelli has been supplying garments to the papacy for centuries.

sheesh.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:30 am
The answer was meant to Margo who said the shoes were from Prado.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:38 am
saab wrote:
These shoes are supplied by Gammarelli

There has never been said one word about the Pope being gay. I have never seen it written or hinted any place. This is the first time I have seen it and seems more like an anti Catholic bias than a fact.

You will find that many of the people on here are virulently anti Catholic, to the point that I wouldnt be surprised if some of them were to try to shoot the Pope.

And most of them are the ones on this thread making snide comments about the Pope.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:45 am
If you wanted to watch old queens in dresses wouldn't you just invite your peer group over for coffee?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:49 am
saab wrote:
Benedict XVI is wearing the red papal shoes. He has gone back to the tradition of wearing them. They have been worn by popes since the times of the Roman empire.
So it has nothing to do with gay men or old women. It is a tradition - just like the red hat he is wearing.
Making fun of it shows your ignorance and not his bad taste.

So, you are calling Margo ignorant and making fun of his taste for her saying he was wearing Prada? (not Prado by the way).

I don't know what is footware has to do with gay men or old women....but as long as we are discussing tradition, let's talk about the long tradition of priests sexually abusing children. That too has been going on for centuries.

While driving to work, I was listening, as usual, to NPR. Today the big stories are about the Popes visit.

I was angered by the following statement he made....a direct quote....in red below. I pasted the paragraphs before it, so it cannot be claimed this was taken out of context.

One of larger questions hanging over Benedict's first U.S. trip as pontiff was whether and how he would address the clergy sex abuse scandal, which has claimed thousands of victims, cost the church more than $2 billion in court costs and settlements and led six dioceses to declare bankruptcy.

The answer: he's talked about it early, often and with conviction, although not to the satisfaction of many victims and their advocates.

In an address to U.S. bishops Wednesday night at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Benedict called the scandal a "deep shame." He decried the "enormous pain" that communities have suffered from such "gravely immoral behavior."

He also said the problem needs to be viewed in the wider context of secularism and the over-sexualization of America, and called for "a determined, collective response."

For those who would like to read the entire article, here's the LINK.

So.

The lawsuits have cost the RC church billions?

So what?

The RC church is deeply shamed?

Is that why it's reaction to it's shame has been to brush it all under the carpet like nothing was happening? Is it because of it's shame that pedaphiles were routinely shuffled to other parishes when there were talk of children being raped, giving these men, literally, fresh meat for their appetites?

Then, after knowing this has been going on for years and years (not just in America), suddenly it must be looked at in the wider context of us sex crazed, immoral Americans? Sure, how could priests help but rape little boys and girls, when they were living in the cesspit of America?

I'm certainly glad that Pope Benedict has pointed out to us that we must look at his sins in the larger context of all of ours.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:53 am
BTW - I'm not anti catholic, or anti any other religion in particular.

I am anti pedophile.

I am anti talking about your shame and sorrow over something, without taking the filthy pedophiles who have used their power for disgusting acts and putting them in prison, where they belong.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:55 am
word...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If you wanted to watch old queens in dresses wouldn't you just invite your peer group over for coffee?

LOL man you are confused. My peer group would be younger dykes in tats or theater people. Get help.

http://www.obscurephoto.com/calendar/2004_3.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:00 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

LOL man you are confused. My peer group would be younger dykes in tats or theater people. Get help.

I sometimes, by hanging out with younger musicians and club goers, find myself in denial about my age as well. get antibiotics.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:03 am
Well, you are obviously in denial about a lot of things. Trying to project your denial to me won't work. Get help.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:04 am
Lucas Cranach the Elder thought the pope to be the anti christ

Image:Antichrist1.JPG
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:08 am
Quote:
The image "http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Antichrist1.JPG" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

ok sorry he wasnt the antichrist
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 03:19 pm
28 percent of the citizens of usa are Catholics.( large enough to sip the soup)
Most of the catholics in USA are well-informed with organized institution.
But none of the catholics expose the oraganization.
I wish the German sales manager( POPE) enjoy a nice life and sip his soup
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 03:31 pm
People who have a low opinion of themselves often need someone to kick around thus the attack on catholics.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 03:51 pm
Rabel
I am an athiest.
I can chat with Dalai lama or panchan lama or the German Catholic who speak better English than BUSH.

Dare to confront me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:49 pm
rabel22 wrote:
People who have a low opinion of themselves often need someone to kick around thus the attack on catholics.

People who have a low opinion of children need to use them as sexual playthings.

Thus the need for the RC church to move this scum around to new parishes, where their perversions won't be known, at least for a while.

This business of Ratzenger meeting with 5 of the victims and/or their families, expressing his sorry, etc. is just so much lip service.

Why weren't they doing something, like having their pedophile priests arrested and go through the legal system, when this was happening?

The attack on catholics? How about the attacks on our children?

An "I'm so sorry, but look at it in the context in which this happens....sexually preoccupied America", just don't cut it.

rabel, saab and others....let's stop ignoring the elephant in the room.

You're complaining about people doing a little teasing about red hats and shoes, while I'm complaining about an organization that with full knowledge has allowed horrible horrible things done to innocents for many many years.

This isn't my feeling aimed solely at the RC church, but any cult, religion, government, etc. who will turn a blind eye, or in some cases promote such things as a viable way of life.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:07 pm
Well said, Chai

RH
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:13 pm
"viable way of life."
Viable way of life for all without organized barbarism and violence is
AN UNFULFILLED american dream.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:14 pm
Rama, have you been here?

It is more wonderful and complicated than it plays on the news...

RH
0 Replies