My daughter the loud talker or how to quiet her?

chai2

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:29 am
@jadies,
sounds like you don't take a breath speaking either.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:55 am
@chai2,
Good point.
0 Replies

Gleam

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:36 pm
@jadies,
Our 9 year old daughter talks constantly. Her voice is LOUD all the time. She is in the kitchen right now, reading out loud. I am in the master bedroom which is the farthest room in the house from her with the TV volume at half way and I can almost discern what she is saying. We have had her hearing checked 3 times. She has always been loud. Quite honestly I can't believe she isn't partially deaf. She will make you go mad if you can't get some time away everyday. Nothing has worked including everything written above. Good luck everyone!
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 06:02 am
@Gleam,
Ha - this was written when my daughter was 5 - she is now 9 very soon to be 10 and yes she still is a loud talker and a talker. Sometimes she just tires me out with her talking (you feel like when will she stop?). And then I think - on the other hand how precious it is - my other daughter is the opposite it is like pulling teeth sometimes to get her to talk.

Where is the medium?
0 Replies

Hangingontomysanity

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 03:49 pm
@Linkat,
My five year old daughter is shockingly loud! Just googled loud children as it doesn't bother me but worry so much that people will think her loudness is annoying and naughty behaviour. I also don't think anything is wrong with her hearing, purely she has never had any volume control. It is sooo reassuring other parents have the same issue. Just good for the teachers they're not all in the same class!
0 Replies

judychocho

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 10:59 am
@Linkat,
It might be a hearing problem. My friend's child had the same issue and they went to the doc's!
chai2

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:48 am
@judychocho,
You realize Judy, that this thread is from 2008?
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 01:58 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You realize Judy, that this thread is from 2008?

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
0 Replies

hailey416

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 12:38 am
@Linkat,
you have to teach her, just as you would with any other desirable trait you would like her to have. it will take lots and lots of practice. say "use your inside voice" and if she does not then there should be a consequence. if she does, they praise her. in terms of amount of talk, tell her it's quiet time... and use the same strategies. set a timer, start with one minute then add a few later on so each of you have some quiet time during your day. i don't think it's horrible to want some quiet time, i am a bit similar- loud noises startle me, so we've worked on this with our DS as well.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:30 am
@hailey416,
This was on 2009 she was 7 then she is now 12...if I told her to use her inside voice I don't think she would take me very seriously.

She is still loud at times when she gets excited but a simple lower your voice works much better.
0 Replies

Lesmays1

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:14 am
@Linkat,
My grandson, who lives with me along with both of his parents, is also a loud talker. At 5 years old, he gives no consideration to sleeping people (some of our family members work nights). I have noticed a genetic component to his vocal tone; although his mother (my dil) speaks softly) her dad has a booming voice and also seems blissfully unaware that his early morning visits to pick up his grandson are met at the door with sleepy, cranky people that don't appreciate repeated knocks while they gather robes and slippers. I don't know what to do, short of leaving the country. I've asked my son to get the kid's hearing tested, teach him some manners, take him to voice lessons, DO SOMETHING! I can't take it anymore! Help! It does put a strain on our relationship, and I certainly don't want that. He's a precious child, but he has no volume control.

0 Replies