A True C**t

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:43 am
Since many Jewish voters are clustered in a few states, these states giving its electoral votes to McCain can be assisted, if those states' Jewish voters leave in greater numbers their historical majority voting Democratic. It's not deep. And, for those that are not aware, Jewish voters vote, comes rain, snow, hail, or whatever. That, in my opinion, is why a speech at the Republican Convention might be offered.

But Lieberman's concerns about Israel is really no different than many Evangelicals concerns about Israel. It's based on their respective religious theology. Both believe Israel is the place that their respective religions believe Jews are supposed to have autonomy over. The only difference is Evangelicals think of the purpose as necessary to effect the Second Coming. But, both are based on religious beliefs. If Jewish Zionism wasn't based on religion, then Jews would just as well have a homeland anywhere else (beachfront property preferred).
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:45 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
careful dtom... don't be a misogynist...they're behind every tree...

... and it's gettin' pretty crowded behind this thing too... Laughing

it's a good thing women never look at men with that, uhh.. discerning eye.

that would be wrong... Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:48 am
Foofie wrote:
But Lieberman's concerns about Israel is really no different than many Evangelicals concerns about Israel. ...

and that's the problem. lieberman's first, foremost and always concern should be about the united states.

if i wanted to live in a country that is run by religion, i'd move to iran.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 02:36 pm
All educated ,civilized persons are not C**t
Some are barbarians like Karl marx and Jesus.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 03:58 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Foofie wrote:
But Lieberman's concerns about Israel is really no different than many Evangelicals concerns about Israel. ...

and that's the problem. lieberman's first, foremost and always concern should be about the united states.

But notice that no one questions the Christian Evangelicals dedication to Israel. And their agenda includes protecting, and assisting Israel; no different than many American Jews. Do you at least see the double standard? Gentiles get a free pass, as Evangelicals, to want the U.S. to be protective of Israel, but when an American Jew says that, it's dual loyalty (or people often think the loyalty is first to Israel). While some may question the loyalty of American Jews, relative to Israel, they should become more cognizant of all the immigrant groups, where some within a group, just think that the U.S. is one big shopping mall. My point is, like it or not, spilling one's blood in a war is not the only way to contribute to this country, and American Jews have been contributing for a few hundred years. More, in fact than many that have a big American flag on their lawns. Lots of political rhetoric, but over the centuries not that much substance, other than being a hard blue collar worker. That, this country can get from anywhere. Too many people still think this country was supposed to be a White Christian Homeland. Sorry, I've had a bad day.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:06 pm
Quote:

But notice that no one questions the Christian Evangelicals dedication to Israel.

Oh, I question it. I think making policy based upon a bunch of idiotic rambling from religious leaders is pretty much the worst way to go about running our country.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:09 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

But notice that no one questions the Christian Evangelicals dedication to Israel.

Oh, I question it. I think making policy based upon a bunch of idiotic rambling from religious leaders is pretty much the worst way to go about running our country.

Cycloptichorn

Fine. But you notice that when it comes to pointing fingers at who is manipulating the foreign mid-east policies it always comes down to "The Jews." One would think this country is a Dickens novel.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:17 pm
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Fine. But you notice that when it comes to pointing fingers at who is manipulating the foreign mid-east policies it always comes down to "The Jews." One would think this country is a Dickens novel.

Once again, I disagree. I think that the Dominionists and Evangelical forces here in America have done everything they can to push their crazy world-views, and notably, have heavily infiltrated our armed forces - a process which has been rapidly increased under Bush, the epitome of idiotic, Evangelistic leadership.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 04:44 pm
Foofie wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Foofie wrote:

But notice that no one questions the Christian Evangelicals dedication to Israel. And their agenda includes protecting, and assisting Israel; no different than many American Jews...

mmm, i not only question it, i've criticized it on several occassions. but i haven't been posting much for a while.

and you are right. it is a double standard.

Foofie wrote:
...Too many people still think this country was supposed to be a White Christian Homeland. Sorry, I've had a bad day.

right again.

and nothing to be sorry about. if it makes someone sore for you to say it, it's most likely because often the truth hurts.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 05:31 pm
I beg all the religous, patriotic, flagwaving intellectuals in USA to uphold Jews.
By jews I mean Karl marx and jesus..( be a nice entertainer to make the life of a German who is now your guest)
If it is upalatable for your taste.
then ask the humanbeings around the globe outside your wonderful village/state/USA/ superpower.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:
blatham wrote:
A similar case...
Quote:
Keyes announced Tuesday night that he was officially leaving the Republican Party, which was relieved to hear it.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/04/alankeyeswho.html

Razz
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Once again, I disagree. I think that the Dominionists and Evangelical forces here in America have done everything they can to push their crazy world-views, and notably, have heavily infiltrated our armed forces - a process which has been rapidly increased under Bush, the epitome of idiotic, Evangelistic leadership.

Cycloptichorn

What/who are Dominionists?
0 Replies