Full story at link.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 590 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:03 pm
This article makes Clinton seem like a real ass.

For whom does she think Hispanic, Jewish and blue-collar voters will vote in the general election?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:07 pm
...and in spite of all this, he'll get the Dem nod and win the presidency.

I think (and hope), America is tired of republican party politics and they will be less inclined to listen to these silly soundbites.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:17 pm
it was a spot on and level headed assessment IMO.

Obama may win..... but his supporters are way to cocky about it. This GE will be a bloodbath.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:19 pm
It's funny how many conservatives will jump all over Obama for his so-called "radioactive" associations, yet they're fine with McCain being in complete lock-step with the policies of some of the most corrupt, radioactive turds that ever sat in the white house.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:22 pm
can't argue with that...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:30 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Obama may win..... but his supporters are way to cocky about it. This GE will be a bloodbath.

It's sounds like you are the one being way too cocky about the GE (bloodbath is a very strong term).
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:54 pm
Here's a take on Obama's "clumsy rumminations" by someone who was actually there. It is interesting to see what he was really trying to say.

The flip side of the original argument is that Clinton has problems with independent voters and young voters. A few (I think very few) diehard dems might jump the fence, especially if they are single issue voters like Israel supporters, but I'm not sure Clinton will hold them either. One question will be New York. Recent polling data shows Clinton killing McCain there, but McCain edging out Obama. Obama puts several other states in play that Clinton can't compete in, but losing NY would be a big deal. I think a lot will happen before November.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

It sure will be and McCain wll be the one bleeding.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:06 pm
engineer wrote:
Here's a take on Obama's "clumsy rumminations" by someone who was actually there. It is interesting to see what he was really trying to say.

The flip side of the original argument is that Clinton has problems with independent voters and young voters. A few (I think very few) diehard dems might jump the fence, especially if they are single issue voters like Israel supporters, but I'm not sure Clinton will hold them either. One question will be New York. Recent polling data shows Clinton killing McCain there, but McCain edging out Obama. Obama puts several other states in play that Clinton can't compete in, but losing NY would be a big deal. I think a lot will happen before November.

In March of 2004, Kerry was ahead of Bush by 14 points!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:07 pm
engineer wrote:
Recent polling data shows Clinton killing McCain there, but McCain edging out Obama. Obama puts several other states in play that Clinton can't compete in, but losing NY would be a big deal. I think a lot will happen before November.

Which recent polls is that? The only recent poll I could find shows a 2 point lead for Clinton in a Clinton/McCain matchup and a 2 point lead for McCain in an Obama/McCain matchup.

http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/nyspolls/GV080409.htm

For whatever reason, NY seems to be a toss-up right now.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:19 pm
fishin wrote:
engineer wrote:
Recent polling data shows Clinton killing McCain there, but McCain edging out Obama. Obama puts several other states in play that Clinton can't compete in, but losing NY would be a big deal. I think a lot will happen before November.

Which recent polls is that? The only recent poll I could find shows a 2 point lead for Clinton in a Clinton/McCain matchup and a 2 point lead for McCain in an Obama/McCain matchup.

That same college did a Obama vs McCain poll also and had the lead 2% for McCain. Running list of NY polls. Still, that poll looks like an anomaly.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Who cares about how his supporters act? Judge the man himself, compare him to McCain and join us!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:36 pm
engineer wrote:
fishin wrote:
engineer wrote:

That same college did a Obama vs McCain poll also and had the lead 2% for McCain. Running list of NY polls. Still, that poll looks like an anomaly.

I'm a little confused on what you are saying is the anomaly. You agreed with my finding on Obama/McCain but the Clinton/McCain matchup is where you said that Clinton was killing him. The same site you linked also has Clinton beating McCain by only 2%. Question

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Clinton/Graphs/new-york.html
0 Replies