heel pain in dress shoes

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:30 am
Hello,

I've been experiencing alot of heel pain due to my new dress shoes. The back of the dress shoes dig into my heel on the downstroke of my walk. Is there any way to fix this? I really like these pair of shoes.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,288 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:17 pm
suggestions
Perhaps... there are few possible methods but first...what about the obvious...an exchange for the next larger size?

Suggestions from a former shoe salesman:

You can have the shoes stretched out by a shoe cobbler. Ask a cobbler what he/she can do to help you out with this ankle rubbing. Shoe salesman can also help with fit, theoretically..but not seen that happen in decades.

You can insert a thin cork (1/4 inch) insole that lifts your heal area up a slight bit, thus putting your tendon above the spot that is rubbing.

Pinch pads - oval shaped, they stick on back of shoe behind your ankle bone and are made of light cottony gauze material with an adhesive back.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 09:52 pm
Are you sure you don't have heel spurs? I have heel spurs and they are very painful. Maybe it is just the shoes in your case. Just a thought.
0 Replies