Correction of passage

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 11:42 pm
Could some member be kind enough to correct this passage meant for grade 3 students for me? If you feel that you have any suggestions to improve the passage, please let me know. Many thanks.

Good health is very imporant. Everyone should do all they can to stay healthy. Being in good health means being physically and mentally fit, and free from any form of illness.

Eating good food, drinking a lot of of water, bathing and having plenty of rest enable us to be heatlhy. The water we drink removes unwanted things in our bodies. It also replaces the water we lose through perspiration.

Healthy food gives us energy for work and play besides giving us better health. Each type of food gives us cetain things we need. We should therefore eat different kinds of food so that we have a balanced diet.

We feel and look better when we are clean. Bathing every day removes dirt from our bodies so that we will have no body odour. Brushing our teeth is important as it it reduces the chances of tooth decay. It also prevents bad breath.

Having enough sleep also contributes to good health. Every one of us needs to have enough sleep.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 790 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McTag

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 11:59 pm
Nothing wrong with it.

I would use the singular, "enables", in the second paragraph. The reason for that is that I would consider that all these laudable things could be considered together as one activity.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:06 am
Many thanks, Mc Tag, for your prompt reply.
0 Replies