• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,645 • Replies: 38
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:38 am
Re: Here's A Scary Thought

Scary but interesting. Condi's flaw is that she is bound by loyalty to George Hoover Bush. She let him dominate her independence. She has no such loyalty to McCain. What an interesting script that would be.

I would have to move to New Zealand.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 12:07 pm
Coming soon to an Armegeddon near you.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/foxycL.jpg
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 08:14 pm
Best news I've heard all day. A woman, a Black woman, a conservative, a Republican, a Phd., all in one individual. This would give the Democrats a run for their money.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 08:40 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Scary but interesting. Condi's flaw is that she is bound by loyalty to George Hoover Bush. She let him dominate her independence. She has no such loyalty to McCain. What an interesting script that would be.

BBB

Yet another reason to hope she joins McCain on the ticket and they win.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:20 pm
Kindly pass some of that which you are smoking my way..... Rice had currency before her tour in the Bush administration, not after all of the foreign policy failures that took place on her watch.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:24 pm
Foofie wrote:
Best news I've heard all day. A woman, a Black woman, a conservative, a Republican, a Phd., all in one individual.

A clear illustration that even PhD's can be completely dunces.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:46 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 01:05 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

This would be the dream ticket...for the Democrats. I know it is tough being a Republican these days but try to get a grip!

You really need to help for your mental state, Finn. Your own personal happiness sems to rest on the (real or imagined) misery of Democrats.

You need professional help, lad.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:50 am
Although I have a lot of respect for Rice, I don't think that she would be the best running mate for McCain. She is too tightly connected to the Bush administration.

I think that in order to counter Obama's "charisma", we need a v-p who has a very engaging personality. I don't think that Condi fills the bill. I would have opted for Colin Powell, who would have been a wonderful running mate.......................ten years ago!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 08:47 am
Roxxanne's racial prejudice and anti-feminist prejudices are showing in her blind hatred of Ms. Rice. The Republicans haven't yet selected a V.P. nominee, and already the Left is in attack mode for fear that an educated Republican Black Woman may rise to the Presidency... and she's young!

My personal choice, so far, is Kathy Bains Hutchinson, Senator of the Great State of Texas. I believe that Senator Hutchinson's political and Senatorial experience qualify her to become President. As already pointed out, Ms. Rice's personality can be pretty abrasive and she would bring with her a lot of baggage on the campaign trail. On the other hand, I was afraid that Ms. Rice's experience as a Soviet Expert during the Cold War might not make her a good Secretary of State, but she's done fine in that role and has many attributes that qualify her far beyond anything the Democratic candidates can muster.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 08:58 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

This would be the dream ticket...for the Democrats. I know it is tough being a Republican these days but try to get a grip!

You really need to help for your mental state, Finn. Your own personal happiness sems to rest on the (real or imagined) misery of Democrats.

You need professional help, lad.

Gosh, I would never have guessed that Ash would take up tweaking crack at his age!

Quote:
Roxxanne's racial prejudice and anti-feminist prejudices are showing in her blind hatred of Ms. Rice. The Republicans haven't yet selected a V.P. nominee, and already the Left is in attack mode for fear that an educated Republican Black Woman may rise to the Presidency... and she's young!

What in my post indicates anything about how I feel about Ms.Rice? I rather like her actually. But no one this closely tied to the Bush administration has any chnace of being elected in 2008. Rice would be a dream ticket for the Dems, not that just having McCain on top is not a dream in itself.

BTW I can't see Rice being on the bottom. Smile

And I would love to see a woman as VP or President, black or white but neither Hillary nor Rice would be my first choice. At this moment in time, neither one is "electable" although I might hedge that as just about anyone should beat McCain.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:01 am
No matter how much you blind yourself to it, its obvious that the only reason you object to Ms. Rice on the ticket is that she is Black, she's an educated woman who has risen on merit, and that just isn't acceptable to a bigoted racist like yourself.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:12 am
While Condi MIGHT be a good choice, there is a better one.

Her name is Sarah Palin, and she is the current Gov of Alaska.
She is young, extremely intelligent, and IMHO she would be the perfect choice as a VP.

For those who dont know who she is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php

This woman has all of the qualifications to be VP, and I do hope McCain chooses her.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:14 am
For as goofy as Roxxxxxxxannie may be, and she's one of the goofiest members at this site, Asherman is way over the top in accusing her of being a racist bigot. Now if he had been talking about Miller . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:19 am
Setanta wrote:
For as goofy as Roxxxxxxxannie may be, and she's one of the goofiest members at this site, Asherman is way over the top in accusing her of being a racist bigot. Now if he had been talking about Miller . . .

According to many of the Obamamites, the only reason no one would vote for Obama is that they are racists, therefore it would figure that through the same logic, people would not vote for Condi because they are racists.

Asherman was making a point, how odd that you didn't get that.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:20 am
MysteryMan,

Compare the two head-to-head, and I believe you'll agree that Sen. Hutchinson would be the better candidate in the general election, and is better qualified to be President of the United States in the unhappy event that Pres. McCane should not finish his term. I believe McCain is just stubborn enough to refuse to skedaddle if Mr. Death should beckon.

BTW, which has more electoral votes, Texas or Alaska? Which of the two ladies is likely to have the greatest influence out of their home state? Check out Kathy Hutchinson, I believe you'll be impressed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:23 am
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

According to many of the Obamamites, the only reason no one would vote for Obama is that they are racists, therefore it would figure that through the same logic, people would not vote for Condi because they are racists.

Bullshit--Asherman did not once refer to support for Obama. The criterion he advanced for his idiotic claim about Roxxxxxxannie was that she (Roxxxxxxannie) objected because " . . . she [Rice] is Black, she's an educated woman who has risen on merit . . ." If you want to make up your own bullshit about Roxxxxxannie, McWhitey, help yourself. Dog knows i am completely contemptuous of Roxxxxxxannie. But that does not alter the basis upon which Asherman attacked her, and it in no way authorizes your bullshit claim.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:25 am
Setanta wrote:

not to mention that there's a faint whiff of racism and sexism in making such a concerted effort to point out that condi is "a black woman".

those attributes are kind of obvious.

and yet, nobody seems to feel the need to point out that McCrank is "a white man".

sadly, it's starting to look like this election is, once again, going to be all about everything except the **** that matters. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:40 am
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Bullshit--Asherman did not once refer to support for Obama. The criterion he advanced for his idiotic claim about Roxxxxxxannie was that she (Roxxxxxxannie) objected because " . . . she [Rice] is Black, she's an educated woman who has risen on merit . . ." If you want to make up your own bullshit about Roxxxxxannie, McWhitey, help yourself. Dog knows i am completely contemptuous of Roxxxxxxannie. But that does not alter the basis upon which Asherman attacked her, and it in no way authorizes your bullshit claim.

I didn't say anything at all about Roxxxanne, so you are lying, which makes you a liar. And, wrong... AGAIN.

You know, it's getting tiresome always pointing out where you are wrong, perhaps you could try getting something right once in awhile?
0 Replies