Political Compass: Where do you fall?

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 03:11 pm
My friend sent me a link to a political compass test. I think it's kind of interesting. Some of the questions are worded oddly, but I still think it's kind of cool.

Political Compass Test
Take the test and post your results.

My Results
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

Edit: I also found a interesting link on the site in which the creators put in answers to the best of their ability for he 2008 US primaries.

2008 primary candidates

"left" and "right" are just relative terms. Interesting results.

Test
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,887 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
Economic Left/Right: 0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I am more of a libertarian than you as indicted by my score of -6.97 and (in all likelihood) more financially savvy as indicated by my score of 0.12.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 04:12 pm
I think I've taken this test before.. so I wasn't surprised. In fact I've been trying to remember recently where I saw these graphics, besides that Craven brought them up at some point in a2k's early years.

Anyway, I'm -4.12 on Eco/LR and -7.64 on SocL/Auth -- which puts me somewhat south of the Dalai Lama. Cough.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 04:20 pm
Here's a thread on it from 2003 -

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=483303#483303

I haven't looked at all the pages on it to see if I posted earlier scores. As far as I've read, I agree with a lot of folks' comments about the test.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 05:06 pm
Cool! Forfun I might plot out the results of the two threads and post it on one of my blogs in a few days.

T
K
O
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 05:23 pm
We've had other recent threads on this too. I think I've already taken 3 political quizzes. I'll take it again...........

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:40 pm
And, on the thread I linked, Craven linked others, I dunno what page.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:54 pm
Among other variables, sometimes I just said I disagree, as opposed to extremely disagree, whatever the phrase was. I was clear on my entire disagreement when it move on from econ, never my forte.

I do think there could be better tests of a more complex sort, starting with a place to choose middle, instead of apparent outrageous(?) ideas to various sides, though they should be in there. Maybe a test built on middle (oh, but where?) and then moving outward. I remember wavering when I felt middle and choosing near haphazardly, and no, not always left.

All very smudgey, but interesting.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:56 pm
and once again I wonder what I'd do if I had to vote in the U.S.

right, right or unelectable
great options
Confused

http://www.politicalcompass.org/images/usprimaries_2008.png

I'm southwest of Kucinich again. It varies month by month - sometimes I'm on Kucinich's knee, sometimes I'm further south on the libertarian scale.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:59 pm
I ended up on the "n" in "Kucinich" in ehBeth's pic... Question
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 08:00 pm
Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 08:03 pm
EhBeth, I'm way south of both of those and I'm from the US. I think I'm two or three flicks directly south of the Dalai Lama. On today's test, anyway. I figure that is from my non adamance on econ, and that my natural place is somewhat, but not all that far, to the left of that.

Sure, it's a perplexity living in interesting times and places. You are indeed lucky, ehBeth, to have a cultural group around you of some comfort.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:55 pm
Economic -3.75 social -2.56
No wonder I prefer Kucinich. I am almost in the same place as him according to the graph.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 12:12 am
I'm compiling! Keep them coming!

T
Keep em comin!
O
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 03:53 am
Of the many variations of this test living on the internet, this must be one of the worst. Between a third and half of the questions made me want to answer: "Not applicable: Underlying assumption incorrect" or "Not applicable: False choice". For the sake of producing some result, though, I consistently chose "disagree" whenever my true answer would have been "not applicable". The test identified me as a libertarian, as expected.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 04:49 am
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 04:57 am
Thomas wrote:
Of the many variations of this test living on the internet, this must be one of the worst. Between a third and half of the questions made me want to answer: "Not applicable: Underlying assumption incorrect" or "Not applicable: False choice". For the sake of producing some result, though, I consistently chose "disagree" whenever my true answer would have been "not applicable". The test identified me as a libertarian, as expected.
Do you know of any that you particularly favor?

T
K
O
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:06 am
Haven't taken the test.

Since it identifies nearly all the candidates as populating the political 'Right' , I think we can toss it's accuracy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:10 am
I am lower left to Nader.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:21 am
real life wrote:
Haven't taken the test.

Since it identifies nearly all the candidates as populating the political 'Right' , I think we can toss it's accuracy.

Indulge us.

T
K
O
0 Replies