THE KORAN

candidone1

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:38 pm
Advocate wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
Of the 6+ billion people in the world, 21% are Islamic.
Are you saying that one fifth of the entire world is accurately depicted by the video?

I don't think the video does this. I think it addresses fundamentalist Islam, which is growing in and outside the ME.

You have just now used the specific term "fundamentalist Islam", which is another thing entirely from the tone and message of this entire thread.
This video and the promotion of the message of that video is vile anti-Muslim propaganda.

The fundamentalist interpretation of the Koran is not, as you have misled with this thread, how hundreds of millions of pious Muslims interpret the Koran.

I watched "Jesus Camp" with my jaw on the floor. It did not draw me to the conclusion that it exemplified the whole of Christianity. I just think it's intellectually dishonest to post this and say "hey...here's what Muslims learn in the Koran".
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:15 am
c, the facts are not on your side. The world can see what fundamentalist Islam is doing. For instance, in SA and most other countries in the ME, a woman who is seen with a nonspouse faces terrible punishment, up to execution. Thieves face amputation. So-called informers will, without trial, be executed. Etc.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:59 am
My point, because you have throughly missed it, is that you have mischaracterized radical or fundamentalist Islam with "Islam" in much the same way others mischaracterize Radical or Fundamentalist Christianity with "Christianity"--hence the charge of propagandizing the issue.

We are all aware of what radical Islam is doing....but your video, and you subsequent posts, have made no attempt at differentiating between the bastard child and the parent religion.
Propaganda.
Period.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:18 pm
c, I understand your point. However, radical Islam is a very powerful force in the ME, impacting on its law, governance, everyday life, etc. This is dissimilar to the effects of Christianity in the West.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:41 pm
Advocate wrote:
c, I understand your point. However, radical Islam is a very powerful force in the ME, impacting on its law, governance, everyday life, etc. This is dissimilar to the effects of Christianity in the West.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:05 pm
My beloved wife is a GERMAN christian.
I am a die har athiest.

Here is one guy who mirrors my view.

"Christian theology is not only opposed to the scientific spirit,
it is opposed to every other form of RATIONAL thinking.."-- H L Meencken
0 Replies