Obama's inexperience is already showing

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:14 am
He wants to overturn the Democratic Party's superdelegates' role in choosing a nominee who will be accepted by all of America not just nut cases in the Democratic Party. He wants to deny delegates in Florida and Michigan their votes for an early vote infraction. The punishment does not match the infraction. Their votes should be delayed to offset their big-state early-vote influence - not denied. By doing what he is doing he will surely destroy the Democratic Party's Presidential candidate by turning away Floridian and Michigan voters. Obama's candidacy will encourage ethnic block voting to form as his run so far has the mark of a Black block vote. Southern whites will vote in blocks for their white candidate. Other ethnic groups could start voting in blocks in fear of a black takeover.

Obama unleashed as US President would just about create the same havoc in the world as he is creating in the Democratic Party.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,662 • Replies: 35
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:24 am
Yeah the "havoc" that comes from him is from having emerged as front-runner and messing up the Clinton coronation.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 02:12 am
There is no coronation. There was the traditional Democratic Convention in which delegates determine the nominee not by media pre-emptive strikes the way Obama is doing emulating George W Bush. Furthermore, his immaturity is showing by raising the ante just like JFK did with the Cuban Missile Crisis with the showdown as to who will blink first. We don't need adolescent politicians in the world with nuclear hot buttons to play with.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 02:17 am
Let us not forget the dirty tricks department of the Republicans who register as Democrats to create a crisis in the Democratic race. The crossover votes are there to mess up the Democrats. Crossover should be banned. Only those who registered in the general elections as Democrats should be allowed to vote in the primaries.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:50 am
Snood, I suspect that the "Front runner" business would be null & void if Florida's & Michigan's votes were counted from the start.

It is surprising to me that among all the screeching & wailing from the talking heads on cablenetwork, not one has mentioned that this whole fiasco is about these two states voting 6 days earlier than the DNC said they could.

SIX frigging days is what this is all about....that and the DNC with their head up their arse. At least 5 other states have moved up their date with no punishment. A whole lot of hypocrisy going on if you ask me.

I've been told that the rules are the rules. I say bullschitt! The rules are the rules when it doesn't ruffle any feathers at that freaky, do nothing DNC.

Common sense would tell you that 6 days is not going to make much difference in the results. Over 2 million votes are being tossed aside based on the claim that it would not be fair to 'poor widdle Obammy'.

He claims that the voters should determine who is the nominee but just not the millions who have been dis-enfranchised, because most of them voted against him. What a hypocrite!

Talk, you mention the republican dirty tricks, the fiasco in Florida was caused the the republican legislature. They are the ones who stuck this stupid amendment to an election reform bill knowing that not many would dare to vote against election reform. I'm sure that little activity was encouraged/planned at the top level of the Repug party.

If that sorryass DNC has anything resembling a brain they will vote for a national primary day and make the stupid caucuses illegal in the very near future..... like before the next presidential election.

Personally I think Obama is a whole lotta hot air, preachy sermons and not much else.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:56 am
talk72000 wrote:
Let us not forget the dirty tricks department of the Republicans who register as Democrats to create a crisis in the Democratic race. The crossover votes are there to mess up the Democrats. Crossover should be banned. Only those who registered in the general elections as Democrats should be allowed to vote in the primaries.

So are you saying that Obama and Hillary should also not be allowed to ask repubs to cross over and vote for them?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:11 am
Re: Obama's inexperience is already showing
talk72000 wrote:
He wants to overturn the Democratic Party's superdelegates' role in choosing a nominee who will be accepted by all of America not just nut cases in the Democratic Party. He wants to deny delegates in Florida and Michigan their votes for an early vote infraction. The punishment does not match the infraction. Their votes should be delayed to offset their big-state early-vote influence - not denied. By doing what he is doing he will surely destroy the Democratic Party's Presidential candidate by turning away Floridian and Michigan voters. Obama's candidacy will encourage ethnic block voting to form as his run so far has the mark of a Black block vote. Southern whites will vote in blocks for their white candidate. Other ethnic groups could start voting in blocks in fear of a black takeover.

Obama unleashed as US President would just about create the same havoc in the world as he is creating in the Democratic Party.

That's an interesting distortion of the current situation. The superdelegate role has not been overturned, but a realistic view says that if the superdelegates overturn the votes of millions of Democrats, many of them new to voting, the Democrats have no hope, not only in 2008, but for decades to come. The Florida and Michigan situation "punishment" matches the crime exactly. All the candidates and the party agreed to the rules and the punishment ahead of time. That Clinton is unhappy with the way that worked out is not a surprise, but she was ok with it back in January. There's another thread where all of this is discussed in detail. Please join us there to see all the arguments in full. As for the view that Southern whites and other ethnic groups will vote along racial lines, that is an "interesting" speculation (though as a Southern white, I find it offensive), but how is that different than saying that Southern males and ethnic males will vote along gender lines. The reality is that Obama has shown strength among white voters in state after state. It is possible that winning a Southern state is not possible for a Democrat this year, but I think Obama has more of a chance than Clinton.

On the flip side, Obama has pulled in new and independent voters in amazing numbers. That's the margin of victory in the fall. Few core Democrats of integrity will vote for McCain, few core Republicans will vote for Obama. Independents will decide the contest and that is where Obama shines.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:51 am
Ah! The desperation level of the Clinton supporters is climbing...
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:56 am
Talk7200,

You speak of Obama's "immaturity." How about Senator Clinton's childish lie that she left a plane "under sniper fire," when the file videotape shows her and Chelsea waving to bystanders as they saunter across the tarmac?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:23 am
If anything, I think Obama's team very adroitly deflected Clinton's efforts to get Michigan and Florida back into play. I thought Clinton would be able to force one or both revotes and Obama deflected both. He is certainly ready to play hardball politics if he can hang with and beat the Clintons.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:27 am
engineer wrote:
If anything, I think Obama's team very adroitly deflected Clinton's efforts to get Michigan and Florida back into play. I thought Clinton would be able to force one or both revotes and Obama deflected both. He is certainly ready to play hardball politics if he can hang with and beat the Clintons.

But that may cost him in the general election if he is the nominee.
The repubs will jump all over the fact that Obama wouldnt let the voters in Fl and Mi have a voice in who their candidate is.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:36 am
Currently, the republicans don't have the energy to jump all over much. Blame the DNC for any supposed disenfranchisement of voters in Florida and Michigan. Of course, you are probably correct that Obama will take the blame, even though he stayed away from campaigning in those two states, as they were out of play.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:42 am
mysteryman wrote:
The repubs will jump all over the fact that Obama wouldnt let the voters in Fl and Mi have a voice in who their candidate is.

I suppose they'd jump all over him for agreeing to the rules earlier and demanding that the rules be changed later, too.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:43 am
Magginkat wrote:
SIX frigging days is what this is all about....that and the DNC with their head up their arse. At least 5 other states have moved up their date with no punishment. A whole lot of hypocrisy going on if you ask me.

Speaking of bullschitt...

Which "5 other states" moved up their primaries in violation of the rule? I'll wager that you can't name a single one.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:43 am
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

I suppose they'd jump all over him for agreeing to the rules earlier and demanding that the rules be changed later, too.

Yes, they would.
The claim would be that he couldnt stick to a position, even if that position hurt him.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 08:42 am
fishin wrote:
Magginkat wrote:

Which "5 other states" moved up their primaries in violation of the rule? I'll wager that you can't name a single one.

Hello?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 02:52 pm
Good move Obama. Good for the anyone but you nominee that is. Thank you!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 04:43 pm
As a human who had not disgraced with my presence in US
I beg the citizens of USA with high regard.
Either cross the street and repudiate the two party system by making your vote invalid or
keep aloof this funny drama.

My name is Rama
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:12 pm
fishin wrote:
Magginkat wrote:

I guess Maggie's doing research...
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:52 pm
Denigrading the views of critical participants of A2K will never make this forum/platform/podium a congeniial one.

I uphold the values/virtues of each individual who dare to expose the hypocracy and
I admire
Decency
Democracy
Decorum.
0 Replies