• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 654 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 01:50 pm
Re: 36 years in solitary confinement.
Chai wrote:
Darling, you aren't the one who has been followed around and harrassed by Chai. -honey_rose_cr March 11, 2008

Never mind about the rubber stamping, I want to know all about what you've been up to in the above.

Have you been bullying some newbie kid again, Chai? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:33 pm
Wow. That is unconscionable.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:51 pm
I was sharing this with a friend yesterday. Her comment was "Perfect example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely."

some warden that had the say so of ruining 2 lives.

now, they are being housed with men in their 20's.
they've forgotten how to deal with the human race, and have no knowledge of cultural changes.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:17 pm
From the tape, there were a series of wardens that kept that up. That sounds like something some lawless out-of-control country would do, not the USA. That WAS in Louisiana, wasn't it?

I don't understand how it could have gone on for 36 years without some kind of fuss or review or something. Bad enough to be jailed for 36 years, never mind solitary. One hour a day to have a shower, and every three days you get to go for a walk in a cage. That's really criminal.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:35 pm
Yep, there were many wardens over those 36 years. The inmates were framed for a guard killing, but not in the area of his death at the time. So, they were put in jail for unclear to me reasons, they were black panthers, and they were set up to take the fall for a guard s death.

I felt there was paltry background info in the NPR story I listened to, so I looked up some articles online.
0 Replies