What Is With Obama Trashing?

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:00 am
Everyone is looking for ways to vilify this man.

I am not sure yet if I support him or Hillary more but for gods sake.

I got the most ridiculous email the other day regarding Obama. Some **** about Revelations and the anti-christ.

Which was totally untrue. Of course.

It makes me sick to see people still afraid of the prospect of a black man leading the country.

Good grief.

I am just sick of it. Really. If he's a big as*hole, great, tell me. But quit trying to make him something he isn't.

Why can't we get the truth, just once????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 941 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:39 am
It's just American-style politics Bella-- and its been this way for more than 200 years.

It hurts a bit that the trashing of Obama is coming from fellow Democrats this close to the general election, but even that isn't new.

It is just the way things are.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 01:39 pm
It's still ridiculous.

Ignorance should never be accepted.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:18 pm
What are you going to do Bella? Ranting and raving is about all you/we can do and frankly, it's a useless exercise IMO, especially on an anonymous chat site. But you've got to know that the Rev. Wright debacle is what so many fearful people in this country have been waiting so long for. It legitimizes their intense desire to rip this Black man apart limb from limb because he has dared to run for the Presidency.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:20 pm
Nothing. Because there is nothing I can do.

And ranting on an anonymous website makes me feel better; makes me feel like at least someone is hearing me, even if they think I am full of **** and lies.

I do it for the same reasons everyone else on here does.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:21 pm
Does it really make you feel better? If so, then that's a good thing.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:23 pm
No.

Yes.

I don't know.

Sort of.

Laughing
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:23 pm
The sad part for me is that if you want to have a reasonable debate on Obama's side, you are called an elitist or an Obama-worshiper without regard to the merit of your argument. Still, as eb said, that is how the game is played. You can find a few people who will debate honestly with you, and a few who will never see the world your way, but will toss out interesting positions that you just can't seem to make go away. People on this board have made arguments that have swayed my opinion and provided me links to interesting articles I would have never seen otherwise. It is annoying to filter through the trash, but the gems are in there.
0 Replies