Top Shrink: Liberalism a Mental Disorder

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 04:27 am
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56494

Quote:

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 35
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 04:50 am
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

* creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
* satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
* augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the
will of the government.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 04:58 am
Wow that guy suxx big time. Wait for my forthcoming tome, "The Conservative Mind: A Contradiction In Terms" (Harcourt Brace, $99.99) in which I disuss how, like bovinely stupid cretins, modern conservatives trample over concepts like decency, human rights and dignity so they and their cronies can gorge themselves at the trough of greed.

Just to show I'm fair minded, I suggest you buy 'em both and then make up your mind!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 05:02 am
I hope, he accepts my international health insurance and my cards ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 07:49 am
Holy jeebus crispness. What utter garbage.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 10:15 am
Never fails...........

Each and every time a right wing nut case tries to describe
Democrat he always..........ALWAYS describes himself.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 11:04 am
Quote:
will of the government.

These are all major problems with American society, but only the first can be put on liberalism's door. #2 and #3 go to consumer culture. #4 goes to conservatism and liberalism but primarily it is not government that has run over the individual, it is corporate culture....
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:59 am
contrex wrote:
Wow that guy suxx big time. Wait for my forthcoming tome, "The Conservative Mind: A Contradiction In Terms" (Harcourt Brace, $99.99) in which I disuss how, like bovinely stupid cretins, modern conservatives trample over concepts like decency, human rights and dignity so they and their cronies can gorge themselves at the trough of greed.

Just to show I'm fair minded, I suggest you buy 'em both and then make up your mind!

How can you say conservatives "trample over concepts like decency, human rights and dignity so they and their cronies can gorge themselves at the trough of greed."? In the United States it's the liberals that would back affirmative action, whereby less qualified individuals get jobs, entrace to college, etc. That goes against a basic ethic of one deserves what one is capable of achieving.

Or, taxing people who literally did their homework during their school years, to support those who may have preferred to not do their homework.

The reality is that the population, that the liberal is so concerned about, harbors a percentage of people that enjoys a parasitical relationship to society. Not everyone, but a percentage. So, since liberals acquiesce to those that don't subscribe to a "social contract"; many therefore, have to suffer for the few. So, rather than punish the industrious for the parasitical, a conservative society just doesn't reward those who don't contribute to the society.

But, Europe is now very different than the United States, so I don't believe it is intellectually honest to compare the benefits of liberalism and conservatism between Europe and the United States. The two are apples and oranges. Can't compare the two.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 12:07 pm
Foofie wrote:
How can you say conservatives "trample over concepts like decency, human rights and dignity so they and their cronies can gorge themselves at the trough of greed."?

With ease.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:35 pm
Yeah, a mental disorder, absolutely - I mean you ask for a little freedom here and there and you're 'bovinely trampling over stuff for greed' and all that like it's somekindof character flaw. Sounds like if you don't buy a kid a toy and he/she calls you 'mean'. On the other hand they need the G to minister to their health, housing, and safety like anyone that's not intentionally letting themselves be a drain on society wouldn't have that junk sewn up or at least half decent excuse. The adultish children of childish adults trying to put the playground rules up everyone else's ass. Nobody gets to do their own thing, but they want the last power trip for themselves.

Amen brother 'Snake, keep up the good work.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:52 pm
Gee Gunga. It's easter. Shouldn't you be off with the flock bobbing your head like a demented parrot?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:42 pm
Wilso wrote:
Gee Gunga. It's easter. Shouldn't you be off with the flock bobbing your head like a demented parrot?

Nah. He's happier trying to pursue the role of rabble rouser. Only trouble, true rabble is all that is receptive to him.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 03:23 am
Sounds like Foofie and others totally missed the point of my post, where I purported to tout my "new book" about conservatives. I parodied the description of the book mentioned in the original post, where the author uses sensationally rude and partisan language to describe "liberals". I did the same about "conservatives". A clue to my theme might have been the "price" ($99.99)

My point was that this guy wrote what he did to make money by selling his book to the kinds of people who agree with those sentiments. I know that jokes tend to lose their flavour somewhat if they have to be explained, but holy jumping Jebus, you guys are dumb!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 06:19 pm
" our repentance is not so much regret for the evil we have done,
as FEAR of the CONSEQUENCES:"
--DUE de La ROCHEFOUCAULD
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 01:54 am
gungasnake wrote:
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

will of the government.

Liberalism is the philosophy of CHEATING.

For instance,
if a poker player claims to have a flush
with 4 clubs and a spade, he is taking
a LIBERAL vu of the rules of poker.

When caught, he 'll sound the liberal motto:
" that 's close enuf; don ; be too technical.
The rules of poker are a LIVING, evolving body of rules. "
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 05:51 am
ed wrote-

Quote:
Nah. He's happier trying to pursue the role of rabble rouser. Only trouble, true rabble is all that is receptive to him.

Are you casting aspersions on my caste ed?

I'll have you know that there's a lot more of us than there are of any other social grouping and in the US a lot of our kind are armed and we know you are against that for the obvious reason that the nukes are unusable against us.

So don't push it mate.

What title do you consider appropriate for yourself seeing as you are not one of our kind. Or, at least, seem to be suggesting so.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 12:37 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

will of the government.

Liberalism is the philosophy of CHEATING.

For instance,
if a poker player claims to have a flush
with 4 clubs and a spade, he is taking
a LIBERAL vu of the rules of poker.

When caught, he 'll sound the liberal motto:
" that 's close enuf; don ; be too technical.
The rules of poker are a LIVING, evolving body of rules. "

What a load of crap. What do you call it when George Bush lies and cheats like he did when he stole the election in 2000 and went to war against Iraq? You really are a loony.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 01:44 pm
spendius wrote:
So don't push it mate.

Or, else???
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 01:58 pm
contrex wrote:
What a load of crap. What do you call it when George Bush lies and cheats like he did when he stole the election in 2000 and went to war against Iraq? You really are a loony.

How insightful and ironic.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 02:15 pm
McGentrix wrote:
contrex wrote:

How insightful and ironic.

But perhaps it's easier to find an ICD-code for such ...
0 Replies