disembowelment from pool filters

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 05:59 pm
http://www.ketv.com/news/15664664/detail.html

This is so disturbing to me. I couldn't even read the whole article, but how can this possibly still happen? I've heard these types of stories before.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 976 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:43 pm
Oh thats horrible.

God rest her soul and I hope her family recovers. Theres something about the death of a kid in a needless mishap that is very disturbing.

An enjoyable daily routine and BAM.

Very sad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:48 pm
In Houston area, we replaced the drain cover with a safe one several years ago.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 01:59 pm
I do feel badly for posting something so depressing. This just breaks my heart. And since this type of injury has been addressed before how can it possibly still happen?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 02:19 pm
Some areas are very backward in their thinking. Around here, safety for pools is mandatory. Unfortunately, there are only a couple of inspectors for the thousands of pools there are. Ultimately, safety rests in the hands of the owners and pool maintenance people. I recall that, a few years back, swimmers told an apartment complex they felt a sort of electrical shock from touching the water. It was a very mild sensation. The staff laughed at the notion. A short time later, a person got electrocuted in the same pool. Ordinarily, the GFCI breaker would have clicked off the power, but, it had not been properly seen to and then it malfunctioned. The simplest oversite can lead to horrible accidents. Our pool gate has the latching mechanism out of reach of small children. But, a small bit of carelessnes can cause such a gate to stay open. I can test the latch daily and oil it, but no one can be there at every moment of the day.
0 Replies