Today the Clinton Run Ended

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:57 pm
Quote:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/20/michigan-do-over-dies/index.html?hp

Quote:
"I do not see how two of our largest and most significant states can be disenfranchised and left out of the process of picking our nominee without raising serious questions about the legitimacy of that nominee.
"So again, I would call on Senator Obama to join me in supporting the rights of the people of Michigan and Florida to have their voices and their votes counted. I have, as the Democratic National Committee has, come out in favor of an effort for a re-vote in Michigan.
"I do not understand what Senator Obama is afraid of, but it is going to hurt our party and our chances in November and so I would call on him, once again, to join me in giving the people of Florida and Michigan the chance to be counted as we move forward in this nominating process. "

It is all over now folks, she just killed the slim shot she had to getting the super delegates to over rule the popular vote. You don't tell the elders of the party that their process has produced an illegitimate nominee. The Clinton's were fully on board the party plan to put the hurt on these states because they blew off the party, now she does a 180 degree turn and goes against the party when it suits her personal interests. There are limits to what the Clinton's can get away with playing the victim, at some point their arrogance and sense of entitlement must be put down. Today is the day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 07:33 pm
It ended after Obama won 11 straight primaries. Only a Clinton would hang on and try to destroy their party rather than quit after that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 07:39 pm
tenacity.... a leadership quality.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 07:50 pm
with this comment I expect to see Gore publicly call for the party to unite around Obama, with-in the week i hope.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
tenacity.... a leadership quality.

As a Democrat, I have always placed the party ahead of the candidate I supported or worked for. The Clintons only care about themselves,
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:04 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
with this comment I expect to see Gore publicly call for the party to unite around Obama, with-in the week i hope.

I don't know about Gore but Clinton needs to get out.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:09 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
As a Democrat, I have always placed the party ahead of the candidate I supported or worked for.

Well, there's your problem.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:16 pm
maporsche wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
As a Democrat, I have always placed the party ahead of the candidate I supported or worked for.

Well, there's your problem.

Being loyal to my party has never been a problem. And stop stalking me.

You are really getting creepy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:34 am
OK, Here we go (I hope)....the first to fall behind Obama after his race speech made it clear that he is the one, and Clinton gaming the Michigan and Florida situation thereby proving she is not....
Quote:
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, the nation's only Hispanic governor, is endorsing Sen. Barack Obama for president, calling him a ''once-in-a- lifetime leader'' who can unite the nation and restore America's international leadership.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Obama-Richardson.html?hp
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 05:53 am
I don't know what the Bill Richardson endorsement proves; but I like Bill Richardson and I am glad he endorsed Obama and liked the speech. It restores my faith in this process a little.

Quote:
Richardson plans to join Obama at a rally in Portland, Oregon, at 12:30 p.m. Friday.

In an e-mail to supporters, Richardson said Obama will be a "historic and a great president, who can bring us the change we so desperately need by bringing us together as a nation here at home and with our allies abroad."

Richardson also said in the e-mail that he was touched by Obama's recent speech on race in America, saying he "understands clearly that only by bringing people together, only by bridging our differences can we all succeed together as Americans."

Richardson is the nation's only Hispanic governor. Hispanics have tended to support Obama's rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Richardson said the country is blessed to have two great American leaders and great Democrats running for president.

"My affection and admiration for Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton will never waver," Richardson wrote in his e-mail. "It is time, however, for Democrats to stop fighting amongst ourselves and to prepare for the tough fight we will face against John McCain in the fall."

source

As for Michigan and Florida; they shot themselves in the foot at the beginning of this process thereby making the whole democratic primaries complicated. To try and re-do it now will only complicate it even more and cost more money better spent in the general election.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:53 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
OK, Here we go (I hope)....the first to fall behind Obama after his race speech made it clear that he is the one, and Clinton gaming the Michigan and Florida situation thereby proving she is not....
Quote:
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, the nation's only Hispanic governor, is endorsing Sen. Barack Obama for president, calling him a ''once-in-a- lifetime leader'' who can unite the nation and restore America's international leadership.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Obama-Richardson.html?hp

Wow. I really thought he would go for Clinton.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:10 am
Some politicians do have a conscience.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:23 am
eoe wrote:
Some politicians do have a conscience.

So, if he went for Clinton you could conclude that he didn't have a conscience?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:34 am
Yep.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:02 pm
Quote:
Picking Up the Bill
What Richardson's endorsement means for Obama.
By John Dickerson
Posted Friday, March 21, 2008, at 6:56 PM ET
.................The Democratic race is like a CD stuck on a scratch, just waiting for the superdelegates to give it a kick and put it back on track. Bill Richardson took his shot. Now Obama has to hope that the other superdelegates hear the music and join in.

http://www.slate.com/id/2187113/pagenum/2/
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 10:46 pm
Re: Today the Clinton Run Ended
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/20/michigan-do-over-dies/index.html?hp

Quote:
"I do not see how two of our largest and most significant states can be disenfranchised and left out of the process of picking our nominee without raising serious questions about the legitimacy of that nominee.
"So again, I would call on Senator Obama to join me in supporting the rights of the people of Michigan and Florida to have their voices and their votes counted. I have, as the Democratic National Committee has, come out in favor of an effort for a re-vote in Michigan.
"I do not understand what Senator Obama is afraid of, but it is going to hurt our party and our chances in November and so I would call on him, once again, to join me in giving the people of Florida and Michigan the chance to be counted as we move forward in this nominating process. "

It is all over now folks, she just killed the slim shot she had to getting the super delegates to over rule the popular vote. You don't tell the elders of the party that their process has produced an illegitimate nominee. The Clinton's were fully on board the party plan to put the hurt on these states because they blew off the party, now she does a 180 degree turn and goes against the party when it suits her personal interests. There are limits to what the Clinton's can get away with playing the victim, at some point their arrogance and sense of entitlement must be put down. Today is the day.

This has been Hilly's plan all along.

Triangulation.

Telling both sides what they want to hear.

Tell the party in December 'I'm with you. Let's play by the rules'

Tell the people afterward 'Your vote should count and I'll stand up and make sure it does'

Hill understands that there is NO WAY that the national party will dare to not seat delegates of two of the largest states.

'Present' Obama still has no idea he's been had on this one.

They'll be seated. They'll vote. And they'll vote for Hilly who stood up for them.

Will it be enough to put her over the top? Maybe not.
0 Replies