Springing something new on your doctor during an appointment

jodie34

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:40 pm
I had an appointment with the doctor and in the meantime I was having another medical problem . When my appointment came up I said to the doctor well since I am here I have another problem that I would like for you to take a look at. He just laughed and said since you are here . If I am having another problem I do mention it to the doctor because I don't want to make two separate appointments. Sometimes I feel like he thinks I am taking advantage of the appointment but the way I feel about it they can charge for an extended visit. Visits like that does make the doctor run behind in seeing the other patients so I can see how the patients get irritated with having to wait so long.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Miller, would the doctor laugh at the presence of the toy soldier or would such a thing be treated in a more dignified, professional manner?

Not quite what you asked, but, lemme tell you that when folk go to casualty with weird stuff up their anywhere, if it has sexual connotations, half the hospital is laughing within a few hours.

If the person requires surgery, people passing through who know may well pause and have a discreet look at the new idiot.

I doubt anyone would laugh at ypu openly, though.

If someone HAS laughed at you Gus, that wasn't professional.

You're not supposed to laugh within earshot of the patient.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
My GP (general practitioner) always makes a point of asking "Any other problems I can help you with?" after dealing with the main purpose of the visit. I once jokingly asked him if he was touting for business. He laughed and said that he had often found that seemingly different problems can be interrelated.

So kicky, it could be that with your pain in the ass you are sitting differently and when you reach down for a scratch or whatever you are twisting your elbow.
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 03:58 pm
i agree with the guy that said if your doctor won't look at multiple problems in one visit, you should get a new doctor. also, i do some work with a website called healia (communities.healia.com), and there you can just flat out ask a ton of questions and a medical professional will answer it. so you can pretty much ask whatever you want there and get a legitimate answer, without having to bug your doctor/schedule a visit. but yeah.. i wouldn't feel bad about bringing multiple things up.. that's what you're paying them for, right?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
Chai wrote:
I'm trying not to move, I don't want the glitter to fall out of my vagina until you get a good look.

An excellent signature line if ever I saw one.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:38 pm
Jonsey wrote:
... and a medical professional will answer it.

Who are these "medical professionals"?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:11 pm
So I brought up my new issue during my appointment. Turns out it was no problem whatsoever. In fact, my doctor didn't even bother checking out the new thing. He referred me to another doctor. I guess that's that.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:38 am
So how is your Tennis Arse?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:41 am
Doing well, thank you. Although, if you would like to help, I can always use another pair of hands to massage the area.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 03:01 pm
<<slapping on marigolds and reaching for the buttocks firming cream>>

hope I don't make a mistake again and pick up the hot wax container!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 07:06 pm
Heeven wrote:
<<slapping>>

hope I don't make a mistake again and pick up the hot wax container!

aaah...ain't nothin' like an arse massage from a hot sexy talking emu. Yeah, baby, a little to the left...lower...lower...that's good, right there. Now reach around with your other hand...higher...higher...that's good, right there. Now get a real good grip on that damn thing...it tends to flop around for a while at the beginning...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 08:07 am
ties a knot in it to get it out of the way .... looking for staple-gun ....
0 Replies