Anxeity / Panic Episodes / OCD / Anemia

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:26 pm
I know i'm new here but i've been reading on this forum for about a month now and decided to ask for some help or advise on my own health problems. To start off I suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks. I didn't have this problem my hole life but it started 7 months after I had my daughter. It's hard having to take care of my daughter and dealing with anxiety at the same time, and I can't even work because of it. I have panic attacks about once a week and anxiety attacks about 5 times a week. I'm only 20 years old I feel that I don't need to be like this being so young. My doctors office is a community health center because I have no insurance and the state won't help me because i'm not 25 years old + and I can't deal with being like this all the time. Is there any over the counter medication I can take for this? To help prevent or stop them completely?

My next issue is with Anemia. I've had this for awhile as well but still didn't affect me untill again after I had my daughter. I'm tired and weak all the time, I can't stand for more than 30 minutes at a time, trouble breathing and shaking all the time not to mention I get rapid heart beats and chest pain, stomach pains, and cold/hot sweats...which makes me go into a panic attack. I need medication for this as well, I take iron suppliments but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my body what so ever and I still feel tired, weak, drowsy all the time. Any advise for this?

To top all of them i'm closterphobic and OCD about almost anything. Which again sends me into anxiety and panic attacks. My body is so messed up now I can't believe it. I was so energetic and now I feel like i'm 90 years old and i'm only 20. I need help and I need it now I can't live my life like this anymore and i've been dealing with this for almost 2 years now, my doctor put me on zoloft which helped for the first 5 months and now everything is back the way it was on the beginning, and I feel like complete crap. My health is putting a restrain on my relationship with my boyfriend, i'm so glad he understands and helps me through every problem that I have.

This is what I feel everyday (maybe it will help you to help me):

Weak
Tired
Dizzy
Headaches
Stomach Cramps
Overheated
Cold Shivers
Shaking constantly

All I want to do is feel normal again and get a job and have the energy to run around the whole town with my daughter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,100 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jodie34

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 08:40 am
christinexo

You really need to see a doctor. You have too many symptoms to deal with for someone to suggest over the counter medication.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 08:45 am
You're tired and probably run down. You basically need to have a physical exam by a doctor.

No over the counter meds should be taken until you find out what your problems are.

By the way, how do you know you are anemic?
0 Replies

christinexo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
Miller wrote:
You're tired and probably run down. You basically need to have a physical exam by a doctor.

No over the counter meds should be taken until you find out what your problems are.

By the way, how do you know you are anemic?

the doctors told me i was when i was in the hospital having my daughter
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 04:04 pm
christinexo

Because you were diagnosed as being anemic at one time doesn't mean that you will always be anemic. Anemic means you don't have enough iron in the blood.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 04:30 pm
Well, there are several kinds of anemia, and iron deficiency is one of them.

Christine, you really do need to have a talk with your doctor.
0 Replies