So What Does $4,300 get you?

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:06 pm
Seems the NY governor got much more than he bargained for when he tried to use his credit card. He put his call girl charges on his credit card, and the IRS got flagged. (He could have saved $1,300 if he had paid cash, but insisted on puting it on his card - priceless!) Bank flagged the IRS. Anyway, the question is . . . . what do you think was worth $4,300?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,359 • Replies: 21
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:12 pm
Do you mean prostitute wise??
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
Oh, this oughtta be good.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:23 pm
Mame wrote:
Oh, this oughtta be good.

Mame, I've never heard your voice but the dry tone produced by my imagination as I read this was...priceless! Very Happy
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:44 pm
why is the bank in his business anyways? jesus christ let the man have sex in peace!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:47 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
why is the bank in his business anyways? jesus christ let the man have sex in peace!

There are federal laws on what transactions the banks must report to the law enforcement authorities. If you have operated under the misconception that what you do with your money is your business only this is you wake-up call.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:52 pm
glad i use cash money baby! **** all the elctronic money i cant trust it.

if i cant use cash i dont need to buy it. thats my philosophy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:12 pm
He thought he was paying for secrecy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:14 pm
for 4300.00 I need to get all the sex I want. then when i drift off to sleep... bitch better clean my house, INCLUDING the windows, iron my clothes and then wake me to a blow job and a nice breakfast.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:35 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
He thought he was paying for secrecy.

He was and it worked that far, the agency did not give him up. The banks did. He messed up paying for the sex, not who he purchased the sex from.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:24 pm
I did not know banks were required to report transactions below the $10,000.00 threshhold.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:58 pm
why did they report it? was it just "suspicious"
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:14 pm
Quote:
Unnamed justice department officials told the New York Times and ABC that the investigation began during a routine inquiry by a Long Island office of the Internal Revenue Service.

Under the Bank Secrecy Act, financial institutions are required to report suspicious activity in their customer accounts and file an aptly named "Suspicious Activity Report" to the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Agency (Fincen). Fincen collects the information in a database, which is accessible by law-enforcement agencies including the I.R.S., the F.B.I., the D.E.A., and various state regulatory agencies.

Officials say the suspicious activity in the case of Governor Eliot Spitzer was a money-laundering technique known as "structuring." Banks are required to file different forms for all customer transactions totaling $10,000 or more. In order to catch the bad guys who think they can fly under the radar by making a series of sub-$10,000 withdrawals, banks have developed systems to flag patterns of unusual activity like this.
http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/top-5/2008/03/11/Spitzer-Money-Trail

Don't you love it.....because of the "Bank Secrecy Act" we can't use the Bank accounts secretly. We Americans love misrepresentative naming of things.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:52 pm
im sorry my money is mine, if its not then i wont support it.

good game.

im so not using a bank ever again, if i got to prison for stacking cash-money then so be it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:25 pm
roger wrote:
I did not know banks were required to report transactions below the $10,000.00 threshhold.

I think the level is about $3300 right now.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:27 pm
Re: So What Does $4,300 get you?
SULLYFISH66 wrote:
Seems the NY governor got much more than he bargained for when he tried to use his credit card. He put his call girl charges on his credit card, and the IRS got flagged. (He could have saved $1,300 if he had paid cash, but insisted on puting it on his card - priceless!) Bank flagged the IRS. Anyway, the question is . . . . what do you think was worth $4,300?

For $31,000 you can have a week-long "date" with a prostitute.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:29 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
Unnamed justice department officials told the New York Times and ABC that the investigation began during a routine inquiry by a Long Island office of the Internal Revenue Service.

Under the Bank Secrecy Act, financial institutions are required to report suspicious activity in their customer accounts and file an aptly named "Suspicious Activity Report" to the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Agency (Fincen). Fincen collects the information in a database, which is accessible by law-enforcement agencies including the I.R.S., the F.B.I., the D.E.A., and various state regulatory agencies.

Officials say the suspicious activity in the case of Governor Eliot Spitzer was a money-laundering technique known as "structuring." Banks are required to file different forms for all customer transactions totaling $10,000 or more. In order to catch the bad guys who think they can fly under the radar by making a series of sub-$10,000 withdrawals, banks have developed systems to flag patterns of unusual activity like this.
http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/top-5/2008/03/11/Spitzer-Money-Trail

Don't you love it.....because of the "Bank Secrecy Act" we can't use the Bank accounts secretly. We Americans love misrepresentative naming of things.

Use cash and stop the worrying...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:30 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
why did they report it? was it just "suspicious"

The goal was to discover money laundering.
Shocked
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:36 pm
Miller wrote:
Quote:

Use cash and stop the worrying...

I am sure that a garden variety $150/HH hooker will take cash, but a $1000 an hour hooker?? Have you tried it? If you say they take cash I'll give it a go.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:27 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
If you say they take cash I'll give it a go.

They'll always take cash, 'cause it's not taxable nor traceable.
It folds too! Laughing
0 Replies