Here is the one question nobody can answer.

Zippo

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:07 am
Israel claims they thought the USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. If that were so, WHY DID ISRAEL ATTACK USING UNMARKED SHIPS AND PLANES?

Given Israel's history, the most likely explanation for the attack on the USS Liberty was that Israel intended to sink the ship, kill everyone aboard, and frame Egypt for the crime, in order to trick the US into (yet another) war on Israel's enemies.

Egypt had been the target of an Israeli frame-up years earlier during the The Lavon affair

==========================

Quote:
USS LIBERTY

ONE HUNDRED TWENTY SECONDS FROM NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST

March 12, 2008

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

My fellow Americans, I sit here at 3:00 am with my heart racing and my hands shaking and I ask that you please take a moment to read my letter. I ask not that you read it for my sake, but rather for your own and for your children and grandchildren...

CONTINUED...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 10:49 pm
"Despite all the propaganda we hear, Israel is not our friend. No friend treats us as she has. She would just as soon slit our throats as look at us, and this is not a theory, it is a fact proven by history."

------------------------------------

I'll have to read this whole thing later.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:45 pm
This seems to be a michael rivero from the site "What really happened"

Quote:
As Michael Rivero states on his site:

"Here is the one question nobody can answer.

Israel claims they thought the USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. If that were so, WHY DID ISRAEL ATTACK USING UNMARKED SHIPS AND PLANES?

Given Israel's history, the most likely explanation for the attack on the USS Liberty was that Israel intended to sink the ship, kill everyone aboard, and frame Egypt for the crime, in order to trick the US into (yet another) war on Israel's enemies.

Egypt had been the target of an Israeli frame-up years earlier during the The Lavon affair."
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 04:10 am
Here's another historical question that I'd like to hear the answer to (I heard someone ask it on a radio program - and then no answer was given).

After the allies became aware of the existence of concentration camps during WWII, why didn't they bomb the railroad tracks- which would have served to drastically reduce the number of Jews and other prisoners who could have been transported and annihilated?

I read this and found it interesting, but it left me disillusioned, and I don't think gave a truly definitive answer. Do you think it's accurate?
Quote:

The Verdict of History
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:39 pm
Regarding not bombing the rail lines to the death camps (as compared to bombing the camps and then killing the Jews there), I always compared it to the NYC Civil War draft riots of 1863. The Irish immigrants that had come to NYC just 13 years earlier were now being asked to be in a war that many had no desire to participate in. One of the rallying cries at the riots were, "We're fighting no war for no (the "N" word)." I always thought this little episode in American history was known by our military and political figures during WWII, and since the level of anti-Semitism was fairly high in the U.S. back in the first half of the 20th century, there was, I believe, an awareness not to hurt the military's morale by adding a perceived new reason for the war, by making a specific attempty to save Jews.

Many Jews feel that the history of Jews is a history of being expendable for much of that history. So, the lack of concern didn't surprise many Jews.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:51 pm
Re: Here is the one question nobody can answer.
Zippo wrote:

Egypt had been the target of an Israeli frame-up years earlier during the The Lavon affair

Regarding your thought above, I don't buy it, since Israel won that war, and didn't need to "trick" the U.S. into fighting any Arab countries. Also, to believe the U.S. would have retaliated with nuclear arms, against an Arab country, if they believed it was an Arab country attacking the USS Liberty is completely incorrect. The US lost 55,000 military in Vietnam, and never escalated to nuclear weapons. The thought that one attack, on one boat, was going to make the U.S. attack another country with nuclear weapons is totally out of the realm of reality.
0 Replies

zibi

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 02:52 pm
About the Liberty.
Fifteen years ago I tried to investigate this matter as a proffesional historian, but I run into a sealed high wall. Anyway, I learnt some facts:
1. Israel never claimed that the ship was suspected to be Egyptien Spy Ship. They suspect it to be a Soviet Spy Ship.
2. The IDF never tried to cover the fact that he attacked the ship, It was impossible. The ship was attacked by Delta Winged Mirage Fighters, and the Israeli Air Force was the only force who has such plains at that time.
Now to the mysteries:
1. The ship was badly heart and over 30 of it sailors were dead, they wired to the U.S. navy base in Greece, but got no response. So, they had to sail to Greece without any help. Why they were not answered by their own navy?
2. The sailors said that before the attack they noticed three recon. flight over the ship. It shows that the Israelis hestiate.
3. and here is my solution:
I think the the U.S Ship Liberty has discayd itself as a Soviet spy ship. The Israelies were confused by that, so the send the recon. fligths three times before the attack.
This is the reason why the navale U.S. base in Greece didn't respond to the "cries" of the battared ship.
I would not called it mistake, or a chain of mistakes. This is war and every army or navy personal knows that such things can happen.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 03:10 pm
If the intent was to blame Egypt for the attack then how and why did the US record Israeli helicopter pilots communicating about a ship they thought was Egyptian within 4 minutes of the attack.

http://www.nsa.gov/liberty/recordings.cfm

No identification on the planes? Try, no identification visible from a distance of 2 miles.

http://www.nsa.gov/liberty/51664/3092882.pdf
0 Replies