Why is saying "I love you" to your significant other is....

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:17 am
Why is it important to tell your significant other "I love you"? This morning one of my students was curious as to why his dad had told him "I love you". He informed me about the situation and the student was in great astonishment. His dad hardly brings him to school and is never involved in his school activities. For some reason today the student's father felt like telling his son those three powerful words "I love you". My student was very energetic the whole class period and couldn't stop talking about his dad. I felt so good and happy for him.

Why is it that those three words makes us feel so good and gives us a reason to go on with our day? It makes our day go by so wonderfully good and just by knowing that there is someone out there that actually loves us for who we are makes us feel even more special. In my opinion I think those three words must be said only if you truly mean those words, if not don't even bother using them. Why? Well, because you might hurt the other people's feelings by making them believe that you really love them. What do you all think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:49 am
They are three very powerful words when you really mean them. If you really mean them it points that person is very very important - it means you care more about them than anything.

But like you said - you have to truly mean it and I think most people recognize a sincere "I love you." My 5 year old with say it with so earnestly - she will say, "Mommy I just love you so much." And you can see it in her eyes and in her hug.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:56 am
Linkat wrote:
They are three very powerful words when you really mean them. If you really mean them it points that person is very very important - it means you care more about them than anything.

But like you said - you have to truly mean it and I think most people recognize a sincere "I love you." My 5 year old with say it with so earnestly - she will say, "Mommy I just love you so much." And you can see it in her eyes and in her hug.

Aww...how sweet. I agree with you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:01 am
It's so nice to wake in the morning and not have to tell someone you love them when you really don't.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:04 am
What's the matter, dys? The cyanide working too slowly?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:02 pm
Why is it important? Because humans have this little quirk called self consciousness.

It's an affirmation of what we know, what we think we know or what we want to know.

We verbalize our emotions because it's an easy way to make the person we love feel needed; like they have a purpose and that they are worth something.

Regardless of who we are, what we do, how much we make we all have a desire and a need to be needed and wanted.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:59 pm
Love is a condition of the soul, and I agree that "i love you" should only be said if it is the truth. Sadly, many say those words because they think they should love the one they are talking too, they think it is expected of them, or because they want to make someone feel better.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:04 pm
sometimes a sincere I love you will get you a 10 or 20% discount.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:56 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sometimes a sincere I love you will get you a 10 or 20% discount.

So will a low cut shirt.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:24 am
The first time I remember my dad saying 'I love you' was when I was in my mid-twenties.
No need to mention that we never had a close relationship...

I just hope your student's father will back up his three words with actions or soon they will be no more than a hollow echo!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:45 am
A long time ago... I was very stoned and had the munchies. My friend and I went to maccas. when i was ready to place my order I fronted the counter and the girl on the other side said ... ....I love you.

I said In my own inimitable style.... Shocked wot?

She repeated.

This time I heard.... can I help you?

I liked her better the first time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:07 am
dyslexia wrote:
It's so nice to wake in the morning and not have to tell someone you love them when you really don't.

Laughing

God, I love this guy('s sense of humour). Thanks for the morning laugh.
0 Replies