AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Debra Law

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:15 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

I think Barack Obama is incompetent.

I think Reagan was incompetent. I think Bush I and Bush II were incompetent. I think it is much too early to brand Obama as incompetent. He still has considerable time left to mold his presidency.
ican711nm

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:31 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Sarah is very much aware of the extremely limited scope of her body of knowledge Sarah avoids questions like the plague.

Trouble is, baby doll, Obama is UNAWARE of his even more "extremely limited scope of his body of knowledge." Obama avoids questions like their
an AID's virus. He does this by answering different questions than those asked.

Sarah was once a mayor of a small town and a governor of the largest state in the USA.

The following is irrelevant, but I think it's funny.
About 20 years ago the governors of Texas and Alaska were debating the merits of vacationing in their respective states. The governor of Alaska ended the debate with, "If you don't stop criticizing Alaska, we're going to divide Alaska in half. Then instead of Texas being the second largest state, it will be the third largest state in the USA.{i]
McTag

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:35 pm

Don't forget Mrs Palin understands international diplomacy, because she can see Russia from her kitchen window.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:35 pm
@ican711nm,
Can you provide an actual example of Obama avoiding questions 'like they were the AIDS virus?' Or is this just more bullshit you are making up? I suspect the second.

Cycloptichorn
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:41 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
Obama avoids questions like their
an AID's virus.

The virus is called human immunodeficiency virus (aka HIV). This virus causes the transmissible disease of the immune system called acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (aka AIDS).
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 04:21 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
I think Reagan was incompetent. I think Bush I and Bush II were incompetent. I think it is much too early to brand Obama as incompetent. He still has considerable time left to mold his presidency.

I like Reagan's and Bush I's and Bush II's kinda incompetence. Employment grew substantially in each of their terms--except for the last year of Bush II's last term.

Obama's kinda incompetence is already painful to too many of us. Employment has decreased substantially since he was inaugurated back in January of this year. His incompetence has been demonstrated January through August. His incompetence persisted in September, and so far in October. His presidency is already too moldy.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATISTICS

....Total USA Employed.....Change
Carter
1980.. 99,302,000------------------
Reagan
1984 105,005,000....+ 5,703,000
Reagan
1988 114,968,000....+ 9,963,000
Bush I
1992 118,492,000....+ 3,524,000
Clinton
1996 126,708,000....+ 8,216,000
Clinton
2000 136,891,000....+ 10,183,000
Bush II
2004 139,252,000....+ 2,361,000
Bush II
2007 146,047,000....+ 6,795,000
Bush II
2008 145,362,000........- 685,000
Obama
2009 139,649,000....- 5,713,000 (as of August 31, 2009)

ican711nm

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 04:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Obama regularly provides examples of his incompetency when he speaks. Just listen to his speeches. There will be more.

The best example of an Obama past incompetency speech was his speech to the Congress on Health Care. It contained 12 errors, which I previously posted. You disagreed with the errors I posted. I disagreed with your disagreements. Your disagreements lacked facts and logic to support your disagreements and were therefore incompetent. Your disagreements were strictly your opinions, which, of course, you are entitled to.

Obama's avoidance of questions by answerinfg different questions than asked can be heard when he is interviewed. I didn't record any of these so I cannot provide you past examples. Instead, I'll provide you future examples, which I'm confident will occur.
Thomas

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 04:38 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Because Sarah is very much aware of the extremely limited scope of her body of knowledge Sarah avoids questions like the plague.

You betcha!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 04:39 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Obama regularly provides examples of his incompetency when he speaks. Just listen to his speeches. There will be more.

Others disagree with you.
Quote:

The best example of an Obama past incompetency speech was his speech to the Congress on Health Care. It contained 12 errors, which I previously posted. You disagreed with the errors I posted. I disagreed with your disagreements.

Your 'errors' lacked supporting documentation and you have refused to either address this or provide logic to explain the errors. What you presented was a list of lies; lies created by right-wing lobbyists, that have no truth behind them. I specifically challenge you to respond to my post, in which I detailed the ways that your list was wrong.

Quote:
Your disagreements lacked facts and logic to support your disagreements and were therefore incompetent. Your disagreements were strictly your opinions, which, of course, you are entitled to.

I provided a logical reason for most and facts for some; and I will provide more, if you have the balls to step up to the plate and point out which ones you believe are true. I'm betting you don't, because you have a long history of not having what it takes to engage in discussions such as this; you'd rather re-post things over and over without actually attempting to defend them.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 05:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn, in the September 10, 2009, Analysis of President Obama's Speech to Congress on Healthcare, all 12 of the "The President Said ... The Reality Is" analysis statements are true.

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2009/09/analysis-of-president-obamas-speech-to-congress-on-healthcare.html

http://tennesseepolicy.org/
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 05:06 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn, in the September 10, 2009, Analysis of President Obama's Speech to Congress on Healthcare, all 12 of the "The President Said ... The Reality Is" analysis statements are true.

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2009/09/analysis-of-president-obamas-speech-to-congress-on-healthcare.html

http://tennesseepolicy.org/

This is simply you re-asserting the same lies. You need to either provide evidence showing that these lies are not in fact lies, or attack my specific assertions that they are lies in some way. Reposting this stuff for the 4th time is merely spamming the thread yet again, providing no new information or analysis.

Cycloptichorn
ican711nm

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 06:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I will provide more, if you have the balls to step up to the plate and point out which ones you believe are true.

I pointed out which ones I believe are true: I stated I believe all 12 are true.

The you responded:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
This is simply you re-asserting the same lies.

This is evidence of your incompetence to carry on a rational debate.

After that you wrote::
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You need to either provide evidence showing that these lies are not in fact lies, or attack my specific assertions that they are lies in some way. Reposting this stuff for the 4th time is merely spamming the thread yet again, providing no new information or analysis.

This is, of course, additional evidence of your incompetence to carry on a rational debate.

If you still think that one or more of those 12 assertions I copied and posted are false, and you wish to debate that, then it is your responsibility to provide rational evidence that one or more of those 12 assertions I copied and posted are false.

Until you do that, I will ignore any more of your posts by repeating this particular post as often as I like.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 06:23 pm
People who make a claim are responsible for providing the evidence for their claim. Others are not obliged to disprove the claim. You are one of the worst debaters at this site, Ican.
JTT

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 09:41 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
I like Reagan's and Bush I's and Bush II's kinda incompetence

They were all stupid enough that you could understand them.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:19 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
People who make a claim are responsible for providing the evidence for their claim. Others are not obliged to disprove the claim. You are one of the worst debaters at this site, Ican.

I made a claim that Barack Obama is incompetent.

I provided evidence (a copy of righttruth's, "Analysis of President Obama's Speech to Congress on Healthcare") to support my claim.

Cycloptichorn claimed my evidence was "lies" (i.e., invalid).

Now it's Cycloptichorn's responsibility to provide evidence that supports his claim.

You, Setanta, claim I am "one of the worst debaters at this site."

Now, Setanta, it's your responsibility to support your claim.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:28 am
@ican711nm,
Nonsense--you're just trying to pass of the responsibility for the original statement to a third party from whom you copied it. As soon as you posted it here as "truth," you accepted the responsibility of substantiating the implicit charges. We aren't in a discussion with "Righttruth," we're in a discussion with you. Furthermore, "Righttruth" is not a widely recognized authority to whom you could refer as you would in say, making an economic statement and referring it to Milton Friedman--and even in that case, people might challenge Mr. Friedman's remark.

So when you posted something from "Righttruth," you assumed the responsibility to support the claims. You haven't done so. There is no reason for anyone here to assume that Righttruth is automatically correct, and that it in and of itself constitutes evidence--all it provides is evidence that you don't necessarily think for yourself. This is just continuing evidence that you are one of the worst debaters at this site.

And there's your evidence in support of my claim that you're one of the worst debaters at this site.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:34 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
They were all stupid enough that you could understand them.

That is, you claim Reagan, Bush I, Bush II "were all stupid enough that {I} could understand them."

I provided evidence that Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II kinda incompetence is preferable to Obama kinda incompetence. Here is that evidence again:
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATISTICS

....Total USA Employed.....Change
Carter
1980.. 99,302,000------------------
Reagan
1984 105,005,000....+ 5,703,000
Reagan
1988 114,968,000....+ 9,963,000
Bush I
1992 118,492,000....+ 3,524,000
Clinton
1996 126,708,000....+ 8,216,000
Clinton
2000 136,891,000....+ 10,183,000
Bush II
2004 139,252,000....+ 2,361,000
Bush II
2007 146,047,000....+ 6,795,000
Bush II
2008 145,362,000........- 685,000
Obama
2009 139,649,000....- 5,713,000 (as of August 31, 2009)

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:50 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
You, Setanta, claim I am "one of the worst debaters at this site."

Now, Setanta, it's your responsibility to support your claim.

You bring the support for his claim every time you click "reply." Nobody can prove how bad you are at debate better than you ican. Nobody.

T
K
O
ican711nm

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Nonsense--you're just trying to pass of the responsibility for the original statement to a third party from whom you copied it. As soon as you posted it here as "truth," you accepted the responsibility of substantiating the implicit charges. We aren't in a discussion with "Righttruth," we're in a discussion with you. Furthermore, "Righttruth" is not a widely recognized authority to whom you could refer as you would in say, making an economic statement and referring it to Milton Friedman--and even in that case, people might challenge Mr. Friedman's remark.

So when you posted something from "Righttruth," you assumed the responsibility to support the claims. You haven't done so. There is no reason for anyone here to assume that Righttruth is automatically correct, and that it in and of itself constitutes evidence--all it provides is evidence that you don't necessarily think for yourself. This is just continuing evidence that you are one of the worst debaters at this site.

And there's your evidence in support of my claim that you're one of the worst debaters at this site.

All your post is merely your opinion unsupported by valid evidence.

When I posted claims from "Righttruth," I DID NOT assume the responsibility to support the claims from "Righttruth."

If you were to claim that those claims of "Righttruth" were invalid, then you too, along with Cycloptichorn, would be responsible to support your claim.

By the way, In my opinion, "Righttruth's" opinions are more worthy of trust than are your opinions.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:56 am
@ican711nm,
The I don't have to prove my source right, you have to prove my source wrong game is logical error.

More evidence in the case against your debate skills.

T
K
O