T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:55 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I would like to state for the record that i am neither Diest TKO, nor H2Oman.

I hope you aren't implying we could be mistaken for each other.

That cuts deep, yo.
K
O
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:58 pm
Suck it up, Bubba . . . this is the rough and tumble of the real world . . . uhm . . . i mean the virtual world . . . uhm . . . never mind . . .
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
Quote:
Diest TKO:

This just in....

According to a Rasmussen poll, more voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats to handle the economy, by a margin of 45-39.
Scott Rasmussen notes that "this is the first time in over two years of polling that the GOP has held the advantage on this issue."
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn,
Where in the Constitution is the President of the United States granted the power to do any of these things:

(a) Lawfully negate the contracts made by these corporations with their corporate bond holders to pay their full equity in those bonds, BEFORE distributing corporate assets to any other corporate persons including employees?

(b) Lawfully disallow any corporate receivers of federal loans to pay back those loans before the federal government permits them to?

(c) Lawfully close selected car dealerhips?

(d) Lawfully take property from those who lawfully earn it, and give it to those who do not lawfully earn it?

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:06 pm
@Setanta,
why am I talking to myself?

T
K
O
Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:08 pm
@Diest TKO,
Uh . . . cuz we're schizo?
0 Replies

Wally Tea

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:08 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I would like to state for the record that i am neither Diest TKO, nor H2Oman.

Don't worry, Setanta. It is common knowledge that this site would never allow an individual to post under multiple usernames. I believe there are programming codes that prevent this.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
@Wally Tea,
Good point, Wally . . . for example, The Girl would absolutely murderlize me if i logged in and posted under her name . . .
Mrs Walter

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
I only can underline such. It's totally impossible. And I would be murdered, too.
0 Replies

I Stereo

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:15 pm
@Wally Tea,
I always thought that they had some sort of safe gaurd against that kind of thing.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
This does not constitute a valid answer to having pointed out that those who call for equal treatment for a "classes" of citizens cannot therefore in good conscience support a ban on homosexual marriages. To do so is to erect a set of unequal rights. Quoting the tenth amendment is a non sequitur to this issue.

Sure it does. You just do not agree with it.

I agree that there should be no discrimination on rights for any 2 people who want to live together. However, both the current administration and prior have left this issue to the States since the Feds are not budging on the Defense of Marriage. Obama made that clear as he side stepped the Don't Ask/Don't Tell military policy.
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:35 pm
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Quote:
This does not constitute a valid answer to having pointed out that those who call for equal treatment for a "classes" of citizens cannot therefore in good conscience support a ban on homosexual marriages. To do so is to erect a set of unequal rights. Quoting the tenth amendment is a non sequitur to this issue.

So let us be clear. The constitution lays the framework for the legal descrimination of homosexuals because of the 10th amendment?

What about Art IV, Sec 1 of the constitution?
Art IV, Sec 1 wrote:
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

How can this coexist with the "Defense of Marriage Act?"
Yankee wrote:

I agree that there should be no discrimination on rights for any 2 people who want to live together. However, both the current administration and prior have left this issue to the States since the Feds are not budging on the Defense of Marriage. Obama made that clear as he side stepped the Don't Ask/Don't Tell military policy.

This is an area, I'm wholly unimpressed with Obama on. I get the need to play things politically safe, but I think he should stand up for the LGBT community here. They are being asked to be patient on things from people who are enjoying those very things. I think Obama might have a change of heart (or rather policy).

T
K
O
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:45 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Careful Joe. Foxfyre already thinks that Cyclo and I are the same person. Perhaps Cyclo is you too. We are legion and all that jazz.

I am, in fact, several other persons on this site (try to guess which ones!). I'm just not Cycloptichorn. Not yet, anyway.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:47 pm
@Diest TKO,
I agree about Obama's position on "don't ask, don't tell." He seems more interested in his political life than to defend the Constitution.

In the areas of equal rights under the law, and some issues on his stimulus plan, I wholly disagree with his positions, but I still rate him in the 60% approval range.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

He seems more interested in his political life than to defend the Constitution.

It's apparent that Obama will do most anything to circumvent the Constitution.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:53 pm
@Yankee,
Quote:

No, it doesn't. The intent of the Defense of Marriage Act was to sidestep the full faith and credit provision in the constitution:

Article Four, Section One, reads, in its entirety:

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

If you intend to argue constitutional issues, it would help if you first made yourself familiar with the constitution. You can wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me what authority Congress has with regard to navies, and i'll tell you: "Article One, Section Eight--now leave me the f*ck alone."

You're not very good at this sort of thing.
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:06 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
now leave me the f*ck alone."

As I said prior, you act as a child, you should be treated as a child.

Go back to your room and play with your doggie, OK?

I thought A2K was a place for adults, apparently not people like you can somehow participate.

Have anything else cleaver to say, little boy?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The proper responses to the question of "have you stopped beating your wife?" are either "I have never beaten my wife" or "I'm not married."

The proper response to Fox's question would be "I have no reason to assume that Mr. Obama thinks that way."

Beware of the Bill O'Reilly Rochade, however: "Those Libruls just can't answer a straight question 'yes' or 'no'"
wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:21 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
I am, in fact, several other persons on this site (try to guess which ones!).

Here are my three best guesses: Thomas, Slappy Doo Hoo, and/or Letty.
0 Replies