AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 06:13 pm
@okie,
That's a great question, CI - what rights do you think will suffer? Specifically.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 06:35 pm
In other news,

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/foxpoll.jpg

Ouch - that's gotta hurt!

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 07:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
FOX News, at that@! LOL
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:10 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
LEFTWING WACKOS are defined as persons who would presume to force their ideology on the rest of us?

Your definition has no applicability in practice.

Liberals and others who are identified as being on the "LEFT" are the persons who work for the greater good to throw off the oppressive shackles that were imposed on individuals by the RIGHTWING WACKOS who would presume to force their ideology on everyone else.

Obama liberals are an excellent example of LEFTWING WACKOS. Obama Liberals are in fact trying to force their ideology on those of us who support the Constitution of the USA. They are trying to force us to start supporting, or at least stop resisting, the Obama Liberals' abandonment of the Constitution as legally amemded in accord with its Article V. Our Constitution is the one and only lawful explicit granting of powers to the Legislative, to the Executive, and to the Judicial branches of the federal government by the state legislatures of the USA. But the Obama Liberals assume powers that the Constitution does not grant them.

I have what I think is a more accurate name for LEFTWING WACKOS. I call 'em LEFTWING TRAITORS. They've taken an oath to support the Constitution, yet violate that oath almost daily. Their most egregious almost daily violation of the Constitution, is their forceful transfer of money from what some have lawfully earned to those who did not earn it.

Consequently, Obama Liberals must be impeached and removed from office in order to save our Constitutional Republic. All that is required to start the impeachment process is for the MACs in the House of representatives to make a motion to impeach the Obama Liberals from the government of the USA. Urge them to do exactly that before it is too late.
Quote:
Wisdom circa 1778:
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, and from dependency back to bondage."

kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:11 pm
@Debra Law,
In response to some of Foxfyre's duplicitous and sanctimonious spewage, Debra Law wrote:
Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a LIAR.

I've decided to start a count on how many times words to this effect have been directed towards Foxfyre here on A2K, and that is officially the twelfth time it's happened. I think it's probably a lot higher than twelve really, but I've decided to start the count conservatively, in honor of those conservative principles for which she pretends to stand.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:15 pm
@ican711nm,
ican, You're not even close to interpreting the Constitution correctly. What actions are considered the abandonment of our Constitution? What "idiology" is Obama forcing upon the American People? What are the impeachable offenses of the Obama administration?

You really don't understand the Constitution do you? Your misreading of our Constitution shows your ignorance.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:16 pm
@kickycan,
Foxie is a hypocrite and a liar! Make that 13.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:28 pm
@okie,
It is interesting that I heard Rush say the same stuff you are spouting. Is he writing your material, or vice versa?

I am amazed that you can't see that radical steps must be taken quickly. The country is sinking into a fiscal cellar that it might not be able to get out for a decade or more absent drastic steps.
okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

That's a great question, CI - what rights do you think will suffer? Specifically.

Cycloptichorn

Virtually all of them, freedom of the press, freedom of worship, freedom of speech, private property rights, etc.
okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:34 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

It is interesting that I heard Rush say the same stuff you are spouting. Is he writing your material, or vice versa?

I am amazed that you can't see that radical steps must be taken quickly. The country is sinking into a fiscal cellar that it might not be able to get out for a decade or more absent drastic steps.

It is not uncommon for me to check out the news each morning, and then listen to Rush to find out he often has pretty much the same take on it as I do.

The steps taken by Obama are not stimulating the private sector, but instead suppressing it and destroying it. People are voting with their money right now, in terms of confidence, and its not pretty. We need a capitalist president, and we don't have one, plain and simple. If you like Cuba or Venezuela, you might like Obama's plans.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:39 pm
Foxfyre, compliments to you for being one of the few decent and civil posters here on this forum. You are truly a very decent human being and you are a good American, a good citizen, an honest and very smart poster. That all comes through your posts, and it is obvious to decent people. The left is a very vicious bunch right now, it seems like almost with a pack mentality, they pile on, but don't lose any sleep over them. Fortunately, this forum is not a good cross section of America.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:43 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Virtually all of them, freedom of the press, freedom of worship, freedom of speech, private property rights, etc.

So, you honestly believe that Obama is going to:

- Take away the freedom of the press
- Take away your freedom to worship
- Take away the 1st amendment
- Take away your rights to your home and property

??

Why do you think he's going to do these things? How do you think he would do these things?

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:45 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Foxfyre, compliments to you for being one of the few decent and civil posters here on this forum. You are truly a very decent human being and you are a good American, a good citizen, an honest and very smart poster. That all comes through your posts, and it is obvious to decent people. The left is a very vicious bunch right now, it seems like almost with a pack mentality, they pile on, but don't lose any sleep over them. Fortunately, this forum is not a good cross section of America.

How would you know, Okie? Honestly.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not completely away, I didn't say that, but there will be erosion of those things, I think we see that already. I am not going to argue with you, you will never see anything or admit anything, so I am not going to bother with you any further. You asked me a question, I told you. Alot of the stuff is obvious.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:53 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Not completely away, I didn't say that, but there will be erosion of those things, I think we see that already. I am not going to argue with you, you will never see anything or admit anything, so I am not going to bother with you any further. You asked me a question, I told you. Alot of the stuff is obvious.

Defensive, aren't we?

You say that we're 'seeing an erosion' of those rights already. Can you be more specific?

Just so you know, I bet you cannot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

How would you know, Okie? Honestly.

Cycloptichorn

Personalities come through the posts. Some people are downright mean, others are courteous. Most of us are sarcastic at times, not all. This is regardless of party leanings.

This is personal opinion, but I believe the facts back me up, you I take as a fairly decent person, but so absorbed and preoccupied with your political idealism that you are blinded to decency at times. There are liberals that I respect, but some I do not, they are just downright very nasty attitudes, and most are not happy, just my opinion.

Foxfyre comes across as a very decent, thoughtful, and honest person.

I have an idea for a thread, and if I decide to do it, I will try it. It has to do with each poster offering their personal, total and honest explanation of their political viewpoints, and where they got them, hopefully in a courteous way. Alot of the opinions seen here are offered by people wherein we don't know where in the world those opinions are coming from. I am thinking of offering a challenge, if someone is a conservative, state it as such, if they are a liberal or even a Marxist, my challenge would be to say so, complete honesty, and why. What do you think?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:59 pm
@okie,
I think I will post on your thread and attempt to be as thorough as possible in my explanation for why I feel the way I do about things. I consider this to be an excellent idea.

Cycloptichorn
old europe

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 11:07 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You know, okie, I'd be interested in your opinion about the position of the Department of Justice - recently made publicly available - which declared that the President of the United States has the authority

(a) to deploy the US military within the United States, (b) directed at foreign nationals as well as American citizens, (c) and all of that unconstrained by any Constitutional limits, including those of the First, Fourth and Fifth Amendments.

What do you think about that?
okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 11:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I will need to have the time to dedicate to watching it, which I don't really have right now. But the idea is that if we explain where we sit, it thus helps explains where we stand on various issues, and why we bring our biases to those issues, and preconceived conclusions already in hand. Our life experience shapes all of this.
okie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 11:15 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

You know, okie, I'd be interested in your opinion about the position of the Department of Justice - recently made publicly available - which declared that the President of the United States has the authority

(a) to deploy the US military within the United States, (b) directed at foreign nationals as well as American citizens, (c) and all of that unconstrained by any Constitutional limits, including those of the First, Fourth and Fifth Amendments.

What do you think about that?

I would have to look at the whys, wherefores, and the context of what you are talking about. It seems to me at first reading that something like that happened already - almost 150 years ago, oe, by somebody named Lincoln. Beyond that, I need to know what you are specifically talking about.