AMERICAN CONSERVATISM IN 2008 AND BEYOND

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:45 am
@okie,
Of coarse you're not familiar; you are totally ignorant about crimes and misdeeds by any GOP member. All you do is parrot the same meme about "liberals" as if it has any meaning. It doesn't, because you fail at history, memory, and balance.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:45 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

You weren't aware of Thomas' failure to disclose his wife's income on over 5 years of Federal disclosure forms even though required to do so by law?

Clearly the answer to this is no. Not that that fact stops him from interjecting an opinion and some condescension into the discussion.

I must say, for a group who purports to abhor the use of the so-called 'race card,' Republicans seem to do so with abandon - when it serves their cause.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I know you don't really give a **** about ethical considerations for gov't officials, but some of us do. And so does the law.
Cycloptichorn
If you cared, you would not have supported Obama for president, cyclops. Get serious.

You are a joke when it comes to ethics. I hate to being this up, but if you want to play hardball, you yourself, you have used government taxpayer supported computers to post your partisan crap right here on this forum.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:50 am
@okie,
as opposed to those of you that use your own computers to post your partisan crap right here on this forum...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:52 am
@okie,
okie, You don't even understand current events that's only a couple of years old; Obama took office in 2009.

The reason he won was because many of the younger generation - mostly college students - believed he was intelligent, and would make a good president after GW Bush who couldn't even speak English properly.

FACT: You can't go back an unvote a president unless there are enough voters to demand a recall.

FACT: Just because many have voted for Obama, doesn't mean we agree with everything he has done.
That also applies to conservatives who vote for a president, and later regret their vote.

FACT: You're dumb.
okie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
okie, You don't even understand current events that's only a couple of years old; Obama took office in 2009.

The reason he won was because many of the younger generation - mostly college students - believed he was intelligent, and would make a good president after GW Bush who couldn't even speak English properly.
But Bush at least knew how many states there are and how many people live in Greensburg, Kansas. Do you want to really talk about dumb, ci? I can't help it if the younger generation got suckered by the guy hollering "change."
Quote:
FACT: You can't go back an unvote a president unless there are enough voters to demand a recall.
FACT: Just because many have voted for Obama, doesn't mean we agree with everything he has done.
That also applies to conservatives who vote for a president, and later regret their vote.
FACT: You're dumb.
At least Bush and McCain knew how many states are in the union and how many people died in Greensburg, Kansas, ci. By the way, I have no regrets for voting for Bush instead of Gore or Kerry. And oh I wish we had McCain instead of Obama, but we will survive until a better day.

P. S. Obama is my president too, but I reserve the right to speak out against his policies. It is my freedom of speech.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:59 am
@okie,
That figures; McCain is a flip-flopper like you!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:01 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
I know you don't really give a **** about ethical considerations for gov't officials, but some of us do. And so does the law.
Cycloptichorn
If you cared, you would not have supported Obama for president, cyclops. Get serious.

There's no evidence that he committed any ethical transgressions at all, especially as they relate to his elected office. You're just flailing about, once again.

I repeat: you have no ability to play defense. All you know how to do is attack. Otherwise - show us. Defend Thomas' actions.

Quote:
You are a joke when it comes to ethics. I hate to being this up, but if you want to play hardball, you yourself, you have used government taxpayer supported computers to post your partisan crap right here on this forum.

Well, I'm home today Laughing But typing from my office computer isn't an ethics issue. And though you like to bring it up, it has no bearing on this current conversation at all. It's just an Ad Hominem attack, once again, in lieu of being able to play defense.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
When you are willing to talk about ethics being applied to public figures in both parties, then maybe we can have a good conversation. I am not interested in a witchhunt against Clarence Thomas. It is no secret that the man has been at the top of liberals list from the very beginning, so when any group can talk about applying their standards to all justices, or even all presidents and congresspersons, then there will be something to talk about.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:08 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

When you are willing to talk about ethics being applied to public figures in both parties, then maybe we can have a good conversation. I am not interested in a witchhunt against Clarence Thomas. It is no secret that the man has been at the top of liberals list from the very beginning, so when any group can talk about applying their standards to all justices, then there will be something to talk about.

It's no secret that he's at the 'top of the list?' Laughing

Is that just because we're talking about him today, and someone else will be at the 'top of the list' tomorrow?

I will say this - he's a lazy-ass judge.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fUMqHrsbcHc/TVe-OupGTkI/AAAAAAAABdk/_Ti43WUD5B8/s1600/dis.jpg

Most of the time he, from reports, looks bored and stares at the ceiling during arguments.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
If he makes the right decisions most of the time, in accord with the constitution, that is what is most important and indicates he is doing his job right.

P.S. Maybe he is bored with the stupidity of the arguments and comments being made?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What okie does is a form of a strawman.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:48 pm
@parados,
Or of Thomas being the guest of the Koch Brothers.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:52 pm
@okie,
Neither the AMerican Bar Association nor the American Sociological Association are political bodies but rather professional associations.

The ACLU is a political organization but Sotomayor, unlike Thomas, has shown a willingness to recuse herself, which she will, most likely do when the inevitable ACLU case appears. As my professor for a course entitled Rights of Publishers, Authors and Editors under the First Amendment at the University of Michigan said, "The ACLU has won rights for us all."
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I suspect Thomas is mum because he knows he will embarrass himself and the Court should he speak.

And just look how many liberals dislike his white wife. Calling Anita Hill at 4 in the morning when she was roaring drunk did nothing for her except to draw attention to her. I had no idea Thomas was married.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:35 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I must say, for a group who purports to abhor the use of the so-called 'race card,' Republicans seem to do so with abandon - when it serves their cause.

Cycloptichorn

Now there's an interesting, but totally unsubstantiated allegation. Perhaps you could offer us some comparative data?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 03:45 pm
@georgeob1,
Not bloody likely.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 06:10 pm
And this woman thinks her being a mother excuses her from being informed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkeiYafh7L0&feature=autofb
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 09:00 pm
Rec'd this from a PBS affiliate:

$1.35

That's how much of your tax dollars goes to support public television, public radio, and stations like WGBH every year.

That's right. Less than a cup of coffee!

The US House of Representatives voted to cut that to zero. (If you called your Representative, thank you.) But the Senate can change that.

Cutting $1.35 per person will reduce the federal deficit by less then three ten-thousandths of one percent. And it will cripple public stations like WGBH.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 09:23 pm
@plainoldme,
Hey, I pay .54c at McDonalds for senior coffee. Mr. Green