I'm new here and need your advice...

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:07 pm
I've been dating this wonderful guy for 2 1/2 years, but we've been off and on because about two years ago he went to medical school in another city. We started talking again in August of 2007 and have been together ever since, but once again he is in medical school in another city, my question is "should I wait for him for 3 more years + his residency (3 more years)???? I need your advice. I love him with all my heart, he is the love of my life.

Edit: Moderator: Moved from Testing to Relationships & Marriage
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 803 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:11 pm
answered your own question if you mean it.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:09 pm
Thank you for your reply...I know what I'm going to do. Now I need to know how to keep this relationship alive. You see, my boyfriend and I are so in love with each other, he comes and visits me on the holidays and every other week-end. He also came for Valentine's day without telling me, that was a huge surprise for me. He calls me every single day and stay on the phone for hours, but I know that he is in another city with different people and I don't want to loose him. My question is: how can I make this relationship more passionate if he is in another city? Any advice?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:13 pm
Are there reasons wh you cannot move to the other city?

How old are you?
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:27 pm
Hello, I'm in my early 20's and yes, there is a reason why I'm still here in this city. I have a fantastic job with a school district and I love it! I have never felt like this about any other job. This is a really tough choice. I love them both, my career and him, but he wants us to be a family once he becomes a doctor. We both promised each other that we are going to wait for each other, but I just need advice on how to keep this relationship more alive and more passionate. I want to be more creative and make him feel more good about himself and I want him to always be thinking about me even when he is with his friends from the other city :-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:38 pm
After he's finished training, can he do his residency in your town?

Welcome to A2k, btw.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:51 pm
Why don't you visit him on the weekends he doesn't come to see you?
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:19 pm
Hello, thank you for your replies. My boyfriend tells me that indeed he wants to finish his residency here in town, but I'm not sure if he has to go through that process of applying to this hospitals. The important thing is that he is going to finish his redidency here

As for the other question, no, I haven't gone to visit him. As strange as it may sound, but I, myself don't have the time to go visit him. I'm extremely busy with school, and trainings that I have to attend drom work. I travel to different cities for trainings that are required for me to attend from my current job. I must say that I'm always on the run and when I do have time, my boyfriend ends up coming home. He loves his parents, brothers and sisters and misses them too, and of course he misses and loves me too :-), but I really would like to ask for advice on this matter...I need to know what I can do to make my boyfriend miss me even more and to always have on his mind...and of course to keep this fruitful relationship more romantic and passionate.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:35 pm
bubbly08 wrote:
but I really would like to ask for advice on this matter...I need to know what I can do to make my boyfriend miss me even more and to always have on his mind...and of course to keep this fruitful relationship more romantic and passionate.

You're probably doing all anyone can do. He can't have you on his mind 24/7 - he's a student. And he has friends. Of course he's going to think of other things. As long as he calls regularly and wants to keep visiting, he's thinking about you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:46 pm
Sexy lingerie. I'm surprised no one else has thought of it!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:48 pm
I think you are already pretty well on course, bubbly, and that's all you can do for now. I understand that his residency in your town in no certainty, though. Some residencies are more desirable than others, and he may well pick the best he can get into. Also, there may be nothing available in your town when the time comes. Anyway, by the time medical school is complete, your wonderful job may have gone away. Much can happen in the next four or five years.

In short, you're on the right track, but much can happen between now and then.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:56 pm
bubbly08 wrote:

As for the other question, no, I haven't gone to visit him. As strange as it may sound, but I, myself don't have the time to go visit him.

I need to know what I can do to make my boyfriend miss me even more and to always have on his mind...and of course to keep this fruitful relationship more romantic and passionate.

I'm sensing an obsessive dependancy nature to this relationship.

Bubbly, I'm an old married man with grown up children so here is the advice you need. Make time and put some effort into making the relationship work YOURSELF.

A friend of mine says "If it's to be its up to me".

It appears on the information given at this time that your boyfriend is taking the time and making all the effort.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:01 am
if it ain't broken don't fix it.

or is it broken?
0 Replies

steyor

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:59 am
Did he ask you to wait? Does he feel the same way about you? You have to ask yourself these questions before you "wait" for anyone. He didn't say if the two of you discussed it. After your discussion with him, you should know if it is the right thing to do.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
Thank you all for your replies. As for your questions, yes, my boyfriend has told me that he is going to wait for me and wants me to wait for him too. It's true, if it aint broken don't fix it. Nothing is broken between us, so I'm not even going to try to fix it. Thanks for your advice.
0 Replies