Either entertain me, or shoot me in the head

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:26 pm
I woke up in the middle of the night shivering like a little bitch. Got up, did a shot of TheraFlu, and decided to get a late start to work. Was on the road for about 2 hours and headed back. Now I'm too lazy to even touch myself in inappropriate places. Today I've had a Met-Rx shake, two nutrition bars, some chocolate moose crunch, and 1/2 gallon of fresh iced green tea.

I get up to go to the bathroom and I'm shaking, until the sweet TheraFlu calms me down. Headache, muscle aches(that's a TON of muscle to ache, OOOOH YEAH!!, my lats look like the hood of an angry king cobra's neck when spread), and a cough.

I don't get it, because I have the immune system of a WW2 tank. Maybe it was that condomn-less orgy with the Africans? (did that joke go too far? Screw you, I'm sick)

Entertain me, send positive thoughts(you damn hippy!), or borrow some of cj's arsenal and put me out of my misery.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,887 • Replies: 27
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:31 pm
Aw, poor Slappy!!!

Here you go.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/04/23030461.jpg

Cures all ills, I swear.

(Do you have anyone who can get you some of this or a reasonable facsimile? Do I need to get dag on the case?)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:31 pm
Sounds like man flu to me.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:32 pm
you should be back to your old self by opening day...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:44 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYt6Pi6b_Lw&feature=related
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:46 pm
sozobe wrote:
Aw, poor Slappy!!!

Here you go.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/04/23030461.jpg

Cures all ills, I swear.

(Do you have anyone who can get you some of this or a reasonable facsimile? Do I need to get dag on the case?)

Does it really work? Maybe I could see if anyone downstairs has any. There's also a CVS 100 yards from my house.

Nice cartoon, and I"m hoping to be better by Friday(beer fest, then date on Saturday), not opening day in April.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:53 pm
A bit of japanese chicken curry for what ails ya...
(please substitute palliative of preference, or toss the pot at midgets)

http://128.32.250.16/shiusha/11-08-2005/curry09.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:55 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Does it really work? Maybe I could see if anyone downstairs has any. There's also a CVS 100 yards from my house.

It really works. They have studies and everything.

Best is genuine homemade or deli chicken soup with matzo balls, but even just regular Campbell's chicken noodle soup does wonders.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:55 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Nice cartoon, and I"m hoping to be better by Friday(beer fest, then date on Saturday), not opening day in April.

Your mother was right:

Chicken Soup is Medicine

Plus, it can't hurt. Get the good stuff, go organic if you have to buy canned.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
soz wrote:
genuine homemade or deli chicken soup with matzo balls

i think johnny's luncheonette in newton delivers...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:58 pm
These newsletters always make me smile(raunchy warning):

http://www.tshirthell.com/miscpages/newsletter/newsletter_030308.php

Let's revive the greatest thread ever on the site. It's so great, nobody responded, just threw up in their mouths:

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112074

I'll go try to dig up some chicken soup.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:01 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
soz wrote:
genuine homemade or deli chicken soup with matzo balls

i think johnny's luncheonette in newton delivers...

I'm in Meffud', Newton center is a solid 25 minutes away. There is a ton of Italian delis in the area though, I'm going to rifle through some menus...I've been there too, good stuff.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:01 pm
SNAP! Chinese place 100 yards from me, they have good soup...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:06 pm
damn slappy, stop eating all that nutrition crap. "nutrition bars" and "Met-rx shakes" Rolling Eyes Jesus H. Christ, anyone will tell you not to eat that stuff once you're actually sick.

You need grilled cheese sammiches, chicken or tomato soup (none of that stupid lobster bisque or any soup that isn't from your country of origin) and hot tea with honey and butter in it.

once your sick, you need to wallow in comfort food, not prepare for a trip to the gym.

call someone to go to the store for you, and ask them to get you whatever sounds like something that you would never normally eat, but would love to right now.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
Chai wrote:
damn slappy, stop eating all that nutrition crap. "nutrition bars" and "Met-rx shakes" Rolling Eyes Jesus H. Christ, anyone will tell you not to eat that stuff once you're actually sick.

You need grilled cheese sammiches, chicken or tomato soup (none of that stupid lobster bisque or any soup that isn't from your country of origin) and hot tea with honey and butter in it.

once your sick, you need to wallow in comfort food, not prepare for a trip to the gym.

call someone to go to the store for you, and ask them to get you whatever sounds like something that you would never normally eat, but would love to right now.

Well the bars are because they're easy...I can't cook right now. And none of my friends live in the immediate area, one volunteered to come over, but she's 40 min away, and I don't want to get anyone sick.

I ordered 3 chicken soups. That'll last me until tomorrow afternoon.

Talk dirty to me, Chai. Tell me about your recent gardening experiences.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:18 pm
Do you want to hear about my last few rolfing sessions? I'm finished now, but I ended up getting about 14 or 15 of them total. I am totally fung shuied and aligned and everything.

See the thing is, when you show up for your appointment, you have to take off all your clothes, except for your underwear. My rolfer is a woman, and quite attractive actually. She would always start out by ordering me to "Stand there so I can take a look at you." Then, her eyes would slowly run up and down my body, looking for areas that would need her specific attention.

Then, she'd have me lie down on a padded table, sometimes face up, sometimes face down, depending on her mood I suppose. She always ask me if I needed a blanket in case I was cold, but I always declined. I always warmed up after she got her hands on me, then she would get deep into me with her entire forearm, up to the elbow, I would sometimes moan, not from pain, but some uniquie mixing of pressure and release.

My husband is going to start to see her next week.

Is your soup there yet?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:56 pm
Feel better, slapster. Don't make me come down there.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:02 pm
Um, here are some Japanese people singing We Are the World.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:02 pm
No person should be within 20 feet of me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:28 pm
Here's an old soviet cartoon for ya. it used to cheer me up when i was little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgq1NdU7maw
0 Replies