southernpride

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 07:34 am
Setanta wrote:
I haven't whined.

Yes you have, right after you stoop to calling member Real Life a liar and a moron.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3188291#3188291

Who's lying now?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 07:41 am
southernpride wrote:
Who's lying now?

Apparently, you are.

This is what i wrote:

Setanta wrote:
I don't give a rat's ass whether you have a history of peddling the basis for your lies or not--so i'll not be looking any such thing up, now or in the future.

No whining there, not even a whiff of complaint. I begin to suspect that in addition to lacking rhetorical skills, you are hazy about the definitions of words.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 12:29 pm
real life wrote:
Prove your own statement right. Otherwise it is fiction.

Diest TKO is right, real life. The burden of proof is on you.

For example, I can say that the Jericho story is untrue, because archaeologists have found no evidence to support the story that there was a wall around Jericho when whichever Biblical figure it was brought it crumbling down.

Then there's the fact that there's no archaeological evidence for the existence of Sodom and Gomorrah (I mean, even Pompeii left some evidence for its existence), no archaeological evidence for the Jews wandering around the desert for 40 years, no evidence they were ever enslaved by the Egyptians and managed to get away, no evidence to show Noah's Ark ever existed (not to mention the fact that it was logistically impossible) etc.

Perhaps you can start by trying to provide proof for those events.

And don't get me started on the fact that there's a group out there called the Mandeans who insist that Jesus betrayed John the Baptist, and twisted John's teachings.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:49 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
real life wrote:
Prove your own statement right. Otherwise it is fiction.

Diest TKO is right, real life. The burden of proof is on you.

Yup, they're both right, the burden of proof is always on the crackpot theory.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:51 pm
It does give me pause, considering the trillions of dollars and billions of lives devoted to religions - aka crackpot theories.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:08 pm
If I were Jesus
I would have avoided the war started by the christian countries..

As an athiest, I have no respect for christianity which uphold jesus a jew and butcher the jews.
And i have no respect for thew jews who got butchered murdered, maimed by the christians who adore Jeusu to butcher the other believers..
God in my sense is responsible for the Devil and Evil
0 Replies

southernpride

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 06:24 am
Ramafuchs wrote:
If I were Jesus

As an athiest, I have no respect for christianity which uphold jesus a jew and butcher the jews.
And i have no respect for thew jews who got butchered murdered, maimed by the christians who adore Jeusu to butcher the other believers..

You're not too smart are you? In the same post, you reference God and Jesus, yet by definition of atheism claim to believe that neither exists. Either you're an atheist, or you ain't. Which is it?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:59 pm
One American guy whose name is ben B lindsey had air my view in better English.

" I cannot admit that any man born.........................
has either the KNOWLEDGE or AUTHORITY to tell other man.....
what God's purpose are.
Is German POPE is there to sell the song?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 07:13 pm
Terry wrote:
neologist wrote:
The answer is that Satan has been given a period of time to prove or be disproved in his rebellion.

That the current ruler of this world is not God, but Satan, was verified by Jesus several times. (See John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11) Also, consider the fact that Satan was able to offer the kingdoms of the world to Jesus. (Matthew 4:8-11)

What has to be proved about Satan? If God is omniscient, doesn't he already know how things will play out? Why do you suppose that God created Satan in the first place? Why would a loving God put Earth into the hands of a devil and give him free rein to cause pain and suffering for millennia? That makes no sense, and must have been concocted by someone trying to excuse God for having created evil and failing to alleviate it.
If God were omniscient, by your strict definition, he would know all things by necessity; he would not have the power to know only what he chooses to know.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 07:26 pm
I told my wife that although I could fix the sink, I am omniscient and I know only what I choose to know.

She (quite naturally) fell to her knees in worship.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:48 pm
neologist wrote:
If God were omniscient, by your strict definition, he would know all things by necessity; he would not have the power to know only what he chooses to know.

So, your god plays games with himself.

I guess I'd be bored too if I were omniscient.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:33 am
I'm rather tired of pointing out that omniscience and omnipotence are not logically consistent.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 05:48 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
I'm rather tired of pointing out that omniscience and omnipotence are not logically consistent.

I don't blame you.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:45 am
Steve 41oo wrote:

Perhaps it's just your definition of the terms that makes them seem inconsistent.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:21 am
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Perhaps it's just your definition of the terms that makes them seem inconsistent.

Yeh Steve, can't you stretch your definitions until they allow god to exist?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:03 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Clever, Mr. 'Second Law of Thermodynamics doesn't apply to any specific real world systems in the universe' Laughing

http://able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2170392#2170392
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:37 pm
real life wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Clever, Mr. 'Second Law of Thermodynamics doesn't apply to any specific real world systems in the universe' Laughing

Thank you, Mr. "I don't get it, so I'll just pretend nobody else does either", I thought you would like that. Smile
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:50 pm
Omniscience would mean knowing everything and omnipotence means being able to do anything. That means knowing something you don't know and creating something so heavy, you can't lift it. Which is, I assume you are well aware, paradoxical.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 02:26 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Thank you, Mr. "I don't get it, so I'll just pretend nobody else does either", I thought you would like that. Smile

I like it more that I was able to quote where you said it. Razz

Still one of my favorite Ros quotes of all time.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 03:31 pm
southernpride wrote:
Ramafuchs wrote:
If I were Jesus

You're not too smart are you? In the same post, you reference God and Jesus, yet by definition of atheism claim to believe that neither exists. Either you're an atheist, or you ain't. Which is it?

You're not too smart either. You don't have to believe in something to make a reference to something. By your logic, you must believe in Tyr, Odin, Thor and Freya, after whom Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are named after. Oh and Saturn, after whom Saturday is named after.

Quite why they're named after Norse Gods (and one Roman God) I don't know, but it always makes the phrase "Thank God it's Friday" rather amusing.

P.S. RL, I take it you're still researching the rebuttal to my earlier post concerning the myths of your holy book.
0 Replies