What can you talk about? with a person you like or etc?

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:14 pm
What do you talk about with a person you like what kinda things you speak about sometimes it gets soo boring i fall a sleep i want more topics to talk about any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,338 • Replies: 12
No top replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:24 pm
Current events, art, music, movies, ideas, future plans, sports, games, J-Lo and Ben, books, magazine articles, travel, new technology, mowing the yard, archaeology, Mars....there are a lot of things in the world to talk about!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 12:04 pm
MisterEthoughts, If you are sincere, always engage anyone in a topic about themselves, then let them do the talking punctuated with a genuine question or two. Chances are, they'll want to know about you, too. That is the way we find common interests, and the exchanges aren't stilted or forced. It always surprised my students when I began the new school year by asking them to write a brief statement about what they would like to learn. I was amazed at the diversity as well as the commonalities.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 07:02 am
What to you talk about
There's always companionable silence. That's when you think your own thoughts, but simply enjoy the closeness of being with a particular person. Or do you think your own thoughts boring?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 05:11 pm
MrEthoughts, one way to practice your interpersonal relationships, is to acknowledge the people here who have tried to help you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 05:46 pm
What would you like to talk about?

What do you like doing? Do you have any hobbies, interests? If you talk about something that interests yourself, you'll probably be enthusiastic about it, which is always a plus in rousing the other's interest as well.

Letty has a good point about asking questions - most people like to talk about themselves, their interests, preoccupations, so thats always a good way to avoid the other from getting bored, and they might just talk about something that wont bore you, either, and then you'll have made a connection.

if you look up people with the same interests, hobbies, work even, you're most likely to find something to talk about that wont bore either of you. (i mean, i personally like to talk with people who do different stuff from me - but still, this is always a safe option).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:18 pm
Letty has another good point about the importance of follow-up. You can ask the best question in the world, and get an amazing response, but if you just let it hang there, a promising beginning will fizzle quickly.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 12:16 am
Letty
You are one amazing lady!
Embarrassed
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 08:36 am
Thank you, my friends, for your positive comments. Now if MisterEthoughts would appear Very Happy
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 10:47 pm
thank you all so much for this it defenitily helped
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:57 am
How about politics, international news, SEX, the space-time continuum, the possibility of interstellar travel, Cro-Magnons, your sexual preference, TV, music, "love that dress you're wearing", religion, Coca-Cola, Calvin Klein, Jupiters moon - is there life on Europa?", Chimpanzees, cars, boats, computers to name a few things. This should get you started.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 11:28 am
what can you talk about
And, of course, there's always SEX...
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:23 pm
hehe no doubt that always works haha
0 Replies