Your renamed-for-the-offseason Super Bowl 'prediction thread

BillW

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
If I had a quarterback who made it to three Championship games three years in a row, I think I would play him.

But, then again, maybe its just that he is surrounded by a lot of great players and the owner/coach is just playing him because they just want to show that a black can make it at quaterback, even a lousy one.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
Rush was right about Donovan being overrated as a 1/4 back. Buy until Vick proves him self; he's the best 3/8 back in the game. Packers beat the Eagles on both sides of the ball. McNabb was the difference. (Well, that and coaching). 100 yards rushing is simply incredible from that position.

Hey Sozobe. Got an extra icepack?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:25 pm
Frank Caliendo, the guy who does the picks on Fox's pre-game, did an excellent skit on Sunday. Did anyone see it?

Dressed up as Pigbaugh, puffing a cigar with the EIB sign behind him, while "My City was Gone" played in the background, "Rush" was saying he was going to bet on whichever team had the white quarterback.

Then "Rush" says, "What? Donovan McNabb is on the phone? Which line?"

Then he says, "What? ...Donovan McNabb is ...HERE?"

Then a black guy in a McNabb/Eagles uniform came storming into the "radio booth" and proceeded to mega-whale on him. Shocked Laughing

Did anybody else see it?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:34 pm
I wish! Sounds funny. Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:56 pm
I missed it. We were playing stupid adult street football between the games.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 05:42 pm
I caught it. It was pretty funny. Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:17 pm
PDiddie, I saw it. Hilarious. Too bad the Eagles, even if they make it by Carolina, have no chance against either the Colts or the Pats. The best game of the week will definitely be that Pats/Colts game. Any predictions? I pick the Pats, because they have a way better defense than either Denver or the Chiefs. And I still remember how they shut down the Rams a couple years ago with their "unstoppable" offense.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:20 pm
Well...ticketmaster released some tickets this morning online at 10am. I got a pair of tickets to Saturday's game against the Colts, for face value.

I'm going to watch the Pats roll over the Colts. Word.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:32 pm
bird Bird bird bird bird is a word
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:36 pm
Make a trip to the packy and bring your parka.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:54 pm
The ONLY hope that the Colts have is Manning playing perfect again. If he doesn't, his coach will absolutely, positively, undoubtedly make a crucial decision that will send his team home on the short end. Just watch and see. I can't wait to see that idiot Dungy blow it for them.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:12 pm
How retarded am I? They're plaing on Sunday, why did I say Saturday?
Also, I just realized the seats are close to heaven. I've never sat that high at Gillette....hope my ears don't pop.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:19 pm
Was that a wacky packy cjhsa Question
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:22 am
Packy = Package Liquor Store.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:37 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
How retarded am I? They're plaing on Sunday, why did I say Saturday?
Also, I just realized the seats are close to heaven. I've never sat that high at Gillette....hope my ears don't pop.

From what they said on the news last night you were lucky to get those tickets. They said 1,000 went on sale at Ticketmaster and they were sold out in 2 minutes!

I'll watch it in HDTV from the comfort of my living room. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 10:04 am
fishin' - you gonna turn off your heat today so that you can get into the spirit of the game on gameday Question
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 10:07 am
BillW wrote:
fishin' - you gonna turn off your heat today so that you can get into the spirit of the game on gameday Question

Not a chance! lol (it was -7 on my front porch when I headed out this morning and is only supposed to hit 6 or 7 degrees for a high today. At the rate we're going this winter I won't be turning thr heat off until thr 4th of July! Wink )
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 10:34 am
Heard a report yesterday from a meteorologist in Northern New Hampshire on top of a mountain where they have been experiencing -40 below (wind chill -82 below).

He said they took a bucket of water outside and threw it up into the air. It froze immediately into small icy particles and just blew away. Said it was quit an amazing sight - the whole experience is like living on an alien world.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 05:08 pm
congrats to NE. On to Houston. -rjb-
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 06:49 pm
The final score doesn't reflect the domination of the Colts (and particularly Peyton Manning) by the Patriots.

They were humiliated.

Weather, the hometown crowd, and fate all conspired against the Colts in a most miserable fashion. Every single break seemed to go the Pats' way. They deserve another Super Bowl trip after that performance today.

Almost flawless.
0 Replies