I'm Thinking Of coming to Boston

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 11:55 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
try priceline - there you can pick area where you prefer to stay and name a price you're willing to pay... the catch is that you don't get to pick the hotel, it picks one for you at that price, after you pay.

i got to stay in D.C. at Sheraton fr $65 a night, right near the White House.

I went to priceline and they asked me to pick from about 6 different areas... what do you suggest? besides the area furthest from where you live I mean...I see that coming...

Let us know what the areas are - and we can let you know what the advantages are for each.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 01:01 pm
Check out hotwire.com too. They break down some areas in downtown istelf.

Looks like Priceline's lists Cambridge, Somerville/Medford, Brookline, Woburn, and the airport. Cambridge is a good spot, and if you're near the train, it's a very quick train ride to downtown....Somerville/Medford(where I live) doesn't really have much for hotels, you're very close to Boston, but not as train-accessible as Cambridge...Brookline is fine if you have a car, but I think the train line that runs through is kind of slow, I might be wrong though.

Like listed on hotwire, Quincy Market/Financial District, Boston Common, Back Bay, Theatre District, are all right downtown. Downtown Boston is pretty small, so any of the neighborhoods are fine & within walking distance to good spots. If you rent a car, you'll want to check with the hotel how much parking is. Once downtown, getting from one neighborhood to another is either walking distance or a cheap cab.

Taking a train from Boston to Chelmsford and back would be a pain.

If you rent a car, you could always stay in an area right outside, like Woburn, Waltham, Newton, Somerville/Medford, but the hotels there probably aren't a hell of a lot cheaper.

Keep me updated, we'll go abuse our livers and offend women.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:13 pm
Have a nice time, bear!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:29 pm
Not coming after all... can't afford it... in the last two weeks I've had to spend almost 1000.00 dollars repairing equipment that drunks knocked over... I'm going to hole up with friends in the recording studio and get Seth cub to work my weekend gigs....

Maybe mid summer... I'd really like to get up that way... I have a friend on Long Island I want to visit as well... so I might try to do a sweep of the Frozen North...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:45 pm
Sorry to hear that - nevertheless, try to relax otherwise a bit!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:58 pm
Sorry to hear that, Bear. Are the drunks still alive?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:36 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
... I have a friend on Long Island I want to visit ...

I'll alert my parents.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
George wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Bear. Are the drunks still alive?

ones in jail...for a different incident... it's been an interesting couple of weeks...
0 Replies