Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:37 am
Laughing They tell me I would find a house of "ill repute" Idea around here. Twisted Evil
But they are mostly playwrights who play. :wink: Arrow

Can I have a coffee please and I'll be on my way, no sugar little milk and
no "cream" 'cause there's none left. Twisted Evil Shocked Laughing

Thanks, that was OK, seeing as I can't write plays I'll call occasionally
for a coffee. Crying or Very sad :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:41 am
Wassau is a most generous host, smokingunne. He is the proprietor of this most unusual cafe' in New York City...Lola's favorite hangout.

Wassau will be happy to get you a refill on that coffee -- to go? Or will you join us and sit awhile?
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:53 am
Laughing Thanks Eva, seeing as it's on "your" personal recommendation I'll give it a go, I ll go home for a "shave" first. :wink: Be see'in ya Exclamation Laughing
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 01:01 pm
Hiama settles down next to Eva and awaits the new member of the cafe, they sip their Armagnac and gaze into the fire, it has turned a little cold this afternoon and Wassau has lit the fire for the first time since April.

P & L bounces in with Jack and joins them and Lola is heard banging around upstairs , no doubt relieved to have finished her project and now with some time on her hands.

" Wassau, come join us and bring another bottle, I am sure we'll get through the two of them when Smokin' arrives.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:17 pm
How very nice to see you Smokin (love that moniker). Sit down here with HIAMA, Eva and P&L. Would you like some cognac in your cup of coffee? You have indeed found a bunch of bohemians here....but we are all kinds of people, not just play writes. Sometimes we play music (that's the last CD by Leonard Cohen, 10 New Songs). But you can recite poetry, read from a book (select passages) put on a CD, talk, swim in the back yard with the seal pups, or climb to the top of the tree house and visit the blue caterpillar there. But above all else, please joke around and play. Whatever pleases you, Smokin..........join the rest of the denizens of Wassau's cafe. As Eva said, it's the best in New York. But I hope you're not allergic to cats and dogs (we have a few around here.) And do watch out for Cheshire (the cat) he can be problematic.

<sitting down next to Eva and HIAMA and Smokin>

Yes, I'm all done with the writing. And I've been putting up all those notebooks full of notes, etc.... I can finally see the floor. I spent the entire week end in my apartment on Prince, just sleeping late, reading the paper, walking in the park and sitting here with my friends. It's sooooooo nice to have real friends.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:23 pm
Hello, I was speaking to Eva and she gave me an open invitation to come here and join in the fun. Laughing I'm washed and changed clothes 'cause I'm not quite sure what to expect, I also brought an old pair of overalls in case we start squirting cream around the place. :wink: What do you wear
for cream squirting Question Exclamation
Give me a coffee please while I'm waiting for the other club members to arrive, you know, I'm a wee bit nervous to-night. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:31 pm
Smokin,

We........some of us, that is........wear very little while squirting whipped cream. :wink: But if you're modest.....you can wear whatever you like. Laughing
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:42 pm
Laughing Well, can I sit a while and get the feel of the place. Cool I am going to feel very awkward on my first night, you wouldn't have a pint of Guinness Question that might help me to get the feel of this private club, is it Question
The first night is always the worst, I've never been to a place like this before and you know how it is. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:53 pm
Thanks for the induction, it's time I was on my way, rising time not far away, (getting up out of bed :wink:)
Cheerio and thanks for the hospitality, sure I'll shout in again. Laughing Arrow
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:23 pm
Sleep well, Smokin..........we'll look for you later. There's always a Guinness or two (or 6) here for ya. Lullaby and good night...........
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:33 pm
did someone say Guinness......?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:13 pm
want one, darlin, Mikey?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:58 pm
with a wee dram of the water of life on the side?
surely i do...thank you Lola

jameson only ok?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
<Wassau hurries over with Mikey's beer and water of life, compliments of Lola>

enjoy all, I'm going night night now.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:57 am
Very Happy lola, what did you lace my coffee with last night, slept like a tap, now
unable to get out of bed, typing this on the pillow. :wink:

I thinkin' of gettin' ready and headin' back again, see how I am when I manage to get out of bed. Nice place you have there. :wink: Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:49 am
Yes! All the comforts of home. And then some. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:00 pm
(All the) Creature Comforts: In-Home Pet Care Smile

Kinda like when you first enter Oz Cool
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:06 pm
Gautam saunders in drunk on Polish Vodka and promptly collapses in a heap.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:24 pm
It's a haven also -

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:28 pm
.........and drunks who are heaped

Wassau! We need help with Gautum. He's been debauching himself again.

<whispering into Gautum's ear>

was it fun, sweetie?

<Lola waves to Smokin, saying>

we'll look forward to providing all the creature comforts for ya as often as possible
0 Replies