Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:58 am
@Lightwizard,
My family bought a house in brentwood in the late fifties - it was not new, but not all that old at the time. I'd guess late thirties..
Next door was a house by Neutra, lived in by an older couple, who showed us around it at some point.
Anyway, that one's gone, replaced by what looks like a set of condos. And our former and less interesting house lives on. I found this out last time I was in LA and drove down the street for old time's sake. (That'll teach me..)

Two of my houses were old craftsmen, built in the 'teens. The one in northern california had major wood panelling, built-in cupboards, fabulous molding, pocket doors, very well built. The one in Venice was more of a beach cottage, but still had great features.
Of course 'old' varies.. depending on the part of the world we live, etc.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 10:51 am
How wide are your doorways LW?

Houses are to stop the papers blowing away.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 03:25 pm
"Came to sit for a while, far from the stove, here where the windows are open and a cool breeze coming in. Yes, I will have a tall glass of sasparlla with a scoop of that lovely vanilla bean ice cream in it and the same for my Miss K too - Thankee.........for just a while, for just a while", he said with a gleaming smile and knowing look. "Hello everyone, hello!"
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:40 am

Would anyone mind if I took my boots off?
My feet are too hot.
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:03 am
@McTag,
Man, Lola is not manning the Coffee House, but y'all are still getting high on the coffee. I'm grinding Peet's Costa Rican lately, being addicted to the best coffee. If your feet are too hot, I can't get the odor over the internet, so I'm going to state that you have clean, odorless feet. Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 02:53 am
How 'bout some Kopi Luwak?
spendius

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:28 am
@BillW,
It's a saline drip this thread needs.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 03:42 pm
Okay then, stick some drugs in that drip while your at it Wink
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:50 pm
Look what the hampsters drug in.............now, which Cafe should we use? Elliptical reality.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 09:13 pm
@Lola,
I think most of the gang is gathered at the new place now.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 09:19 pm
Wow ! voices from the past ! Thanks for posting this Lola.

It's 10:00 PM. I'm in a hotel just north of Baltimore after a long day day of business meetings and the standard group dinner afterwards. More meetings tomorrow, then a couple of days with my oldest son in Washington and back home Sunday night. Cold (compared to California) clear days here, but happily no snow.
Lola

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 11:33 pm
@georgeob1,
yes, voices from the past. And not that long ago either. Enjoy the East coast. I'll be there next week end. Time with your children is precious. The weather here is very mild and sunny, except yesterday and today. We had welcome rain.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 11:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes, that's the place to meet. This place is a little sad with voices from lost friends.
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 12:41 am
@Lola,
I thought it incumbent upon me to post here. Sources, I ought not to name her, have informed me that some anonymous German a2k person or personss believe that I may have been banned from this thread. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I left.

Still, be advised that Lola and I are on the very dearest of terms. We write when we do and engage on the phone with an entirely reasonable frequency. I miss her beauty. She misses my character.

My solicitors co-authored the above. What follows, be advised, is published without their approval...

Lola is a battle ax.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 01:17 am
@blatham,
Good morning (good evening)!

I'll like to have an extra strong coffee .... and give blatham a cup of valeriana tea for the night, please.
roger

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 01:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walt, this place is out of favor. The management opened a new one around the corner, somewheres. Be happy to schlep a nice glass of water, however.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 01:27 am
@roger,
Right.

That's the one where Bernie's not welcome.
Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 01:28 am
@roger,
Schlep means to lug something around, or to do a difficult or unpleasant task.
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:08 am
@Setanta,
I confess to the schlep thing. Lola's nickname for me, while we were married, was "house donkey".

I am a schlep. It is why we lasted so long.
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:12 am
@Ticomaya,
Tico
I though of you November seven. How are you?
0 Replies