What's the Winning Clinton Strategy?

DrewDad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:28 am
T and I were discussing this last night. The Democrats' push has been "change, change, change" but then she's pushing her experience.

She needs to pick one or the other.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:01 pm
DrewDad wrote:
T and I were discussing this last night. The Democrats' push has been "change, change, change" but then she's pushing her experience.

She needs to pick one or the other.

I read an article this morning that said that when presented with "change" or "experience", people go with change by a 2 to 1 margin. The article was questioning why Clinton positioned herself as the experience candidate given this dynamic. Clinton was opening mocking Obama in Rhode Island. This is exactly the wrong strategy. It might play well to her base, but calling all Obama enthusiasts out there deluded is not the way to win friends and influence people.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 07:55 am
So what's with the focus on a Saturday night live skit? Yes, it was funny, but to push it directly from the campaign and in a live debate no less is just silly. Nixon proved with his "you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore" tirade that berating the press is a losing proposition. Doesn't anyone study political history in these campaigns?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 08:08 am
engineer wrote:
So what's with the focus on a Saturday night live skit? Yes, it was funny, but to push it directly from the campaign and in a live debate no less is just silly. Nixon proved with his "you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore" tirade that berating the press is a losing proposition. Doesn't anyone study political history in these campaigns?

Judging from how ridiculous the Clinton character came off, I seriously doubt anyone from either campaign had anything to do with it.

Now Huckabee's appearance was funny.
0 Replies