Obama's Mother-in-Law

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:51 pm
blatham wrote:
Jesus! Where did you dig that up, joe?

The intarwebs. You may have heard of them. They're a series of tubes.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:59 pm
Thats where I lost my keys.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:05 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
blatham wrote:
Jesus! Where did you dig that up, joe?

The intarwebs. You may have heard of them. They're a series of tubes.

I have. Rumor has it they are transparent.

I have to be careful here, but I have some second-hand accounts from a CIA employee who was part of a team who gave briefings to a past president much beloved in the republican community. Picture-book accounts with little text was the preferred format.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:42 pm
ossobuco wrote:
This thread is creepy, dirty, to me, really off the wall.

I've no knowledge of why Senator Obama's mother in law chooses to live where she lives, but that is her business. Perhaps, as with many of us who have lived in non high end neighborhoods, there is some context for her decision, re connection to some people, or perhaps a church, in her community, perhaps connection to immediate neighbors, perhaps memories re her life, perhaps fondness for the precise place she lives.
Maybe for her it would be like leaving Dogtown, Venice Beach

http://www.surfermag.com/features/onlineexclusives/dogtown-7_wtr-300.jpg

http://www.losangeles.com/venice-beach/gifs/venice-beach-character.jpg

Do you really think you could explain what the reasons could be why somebody would live in a neighborhood built on blood sweat and tears instead of development deals??? NO F@#KEN WAY

You got to live it to be part of the village. Check on old lady Henderson, Sharing some homecooked food at the fence, Helping the neibor fix some rain guttering.

East LA is like Mexican Jerusalem. If we took our mothers out of there they would probably die. But they wouldn't let us and they wouldn't go.

HELL NO people don't know why she stays. She's a Homegirl, They don't get it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:29 am
blatham wrote:
Why anyone responds to Miller's posts ...

And here you are, in all your glory responding to my thread!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:32 am
Miller wrote:
Quote:
one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

This is a description of Marian Robinson's house on the SouthSide of Chicago. The "secured windows" also are covered by bars.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn Mrs Robinson packs a gun in her nightie as well.

Uh, that's what I meant by "give the woman a piece".... Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:16 am
Osso
Osso, I agree with you. The comments made by some posters reveal more about them than about Marian Robinson. If she were white, would they be as disrespectful?

BBB
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:51 am
cjhsa wrote:
Miller wrote:
Quote:
one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

This is a description of Marian Robinson's house on the SouthSide of Chicago. The "secured windows" also are covered by bars.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn Mrs Robinson packs a gun in her nightie as well.

Oh Lord and here I was thinking of blueberry pie...

Silly me! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:00 am
Amigo, Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:17 am
cjhsa wrote:
Miller wrote:
Quote:

I think most SouthSiders carry a weapon for protection. In high school (SouthSide Chicago) I carried a knife ( had too, would have been killed otherwise by street gangs, but I never had a gun (too dangerous).

Now that I live in a civilized City, I don't have to carry either a gun or a knife... Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:35 am
Miller wrote:
Now that I live in a civilized City, I don't have to carry either a gun or a knife... Laughing

There is no such place.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:06 am
You know that Dekalb, Illinois was a nice little town, prior to the recent killings at the University.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:37 am
Yep, not too far from Hillary's hometown.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:24 pm
And not too far from my old home on Chicago's SouthSide. (65 miles)
0 Replies