Obama's Mother-in-Law

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:22 am
Quote:
Michelle's father died in 1990 two years before she married Barack, but her mother is still alive and living in the same one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

Why doesn't Mrs Marian Robinson (Obama's mother-in-law) leave her crime-ridden SouthSide home and move in with the Obama family
in nice, clean, liberal and very proper Hyde Park?

What does Mrs Robinson think of her son-in-law, Barack Obama?

www.squidoo.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,919 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:29 am
If my MIL would move in here ... Twisted Evil

Besides that, why do you need this header to promote the squeedo-webside?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:32 am
Re: Obama's Mother-in-Law
Miller wrote:
Why doesn't Mrs Marian Robinson (Obama's mother-in-law) leave her crime-ridden SouthSide home and move in with the Obama family in nice, clean, liberal and very proper Hyde Park?

Probably for the same nebulous reasons that my legally blind grandmother who is recovering from breast cancer won't move from the neighborhood she's lived in for a third of a century to move in with my mother.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:36 am
Miller wrote:
Quote:
Michelle's father died in 1990 two years before she married Barack, but her mother is still alive and living in the same one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

Why doesn't Mrs Marian Robinson (Obama's mother-in-law) leave her crime-ridden SouthSide home and move in with the Obama family

www.squidoo.com

Has Michele Robinson Obama forgotten the sacrifices of both her mother and father in her upbringing on the SouthSide of Chicago?

It would appear so, otherwise why does she permit her elderly mother in live in a crime-ridden SouthSide neighborhood?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:39 am
engineer wrote:
Miller wrote:
Why doesn't Mrs Marian Robinson (Obama's mother-in-law) leave her crime-ridden SouthSide home and move in with the Obama family in nice, clean, liberal and very proper Hyde Park?

Probably for the same nebulous reasons that my legally blind grandmother who is recovering from breast cancer won't move from the neighborhood she's lived in for a third of a century to move in with my mother.

Is your grandma's neighborhood infiltrated with criminals trying to break down the doors and shoot windows out?
...A neighborhood where gangs roam the street, night and day searching out elderly, incapacitated vindividuals to victimize?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:41 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
If my MIL would move in here ... Twisted Evil

Besides that, why do you need this header to promote the squeedo-webside?

I created the title to this thread and if I hadn't posted the link to the quote, what link should I have written?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:53 am
Miller wrote:

I created the title to this thread and if I hadn't posted the link to the quote, what link should I have written?

What quote? I clicked on your link "to start", tried "to find out why I need a Squidoo lens, too ยป" ... but nothing was realted to your thread.

I really don't want to "share my knowledge and passion with the world" via that site! But thanks for pointed at it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:37 am
Miller wrote:

I'll bet it's because she smells real bad. Lots of old people do.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:40 am
Miller wrote:
Miller wrote:
Quote:

www.squidoo.com

Has Michele Robinson Obama forgotten the sacrifices of both her mother and father in her upbringing on the SouthSide of Chicago?

It would appear so, otherwise why does she permit her elderly mother in live in a crime-ridden SouthSide neighborhood?

permit? Probably because the woman has a mind of her own. Would you have her forcibly removed and placed elsewhere? Then you could rag on about inappropriate interference in other people's lives.

But then, you do enjoy ragging on.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:06 am
Miller wrote:
Quote:

www.squidoo.com

This is a joke, right? Rolling Eyes

OK. Let's play.

Maybe Michelle does not want to pimp out her Mom they way Hillary is pimping out her daughter and her so-called Mom. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:09 am
maybe it's none of our business and who gives a **** anyway?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:16 am
Miller wrote:

www.squidoo.com

It's none of your business, Mildew.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:35 am
I don't know. Maybe the lady is comfortable where she is at. Maybe she has friends she doesn't want to move away from. Heck, for all you know, maybe she is the leader of one of those gangs, leading her gang members on nightly forays into the streets to deal in the underground trade of black market geritol.

Umm, what was the point again? I forgot.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:36 am
Point? From Miller? Surely you jest.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:39 am
CoastalRat wrote:
I don't know. Maybe the lady is comfortable where she is at. Maybe she has friends she doesn't want to move away from. Heck, for all you know, maybe she is the leader of one of those gangs, leading her gang members on nightly forays into the streets to deal in the underground trade of black market geritol.

i look forward to the day when obama is president and we can do away with racist terms like black market and change the mindset of the clowns that use them.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:41 am
CoastalRat wrote:

You scare me.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:45 am
So the term "black market" is now a racist term? When did that come about? Just because the word "black" is used?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:46 am
Gala wrote:

You scare me.

Yeah, I've heard that from a lot of people. I'm beginning to get a complex.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:50 am
CoastalRat wrote:
So the term "black market" is now a racist term? When did that come about? Just because the word "black" is used?

once again, my arrow of sarcasm falls short of the mark...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:54 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:

once again, my arrow of sarcasm falls short of the mark...

Ah, ok, I get it now. So sorry old chap for missing that. I should have known better. Just chalk it up to a clownish error on my part. I failed Sarcasm 101 in clown school.
0 Replies