How to train a dog to stop marking territory

PJack

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 09:48 am
I have a 2 year old Chihuahua and he came to us with ISSUES! One was this same marking thing- got him fixed and it helped but it came back after we had a boy in the neighborhood watch him for a week. Found the Belly Belt, going to try it; also read that confinement and a 12/20 foot lead on them to catch them in the act is a must. Jerking on the lead at time of lift; walks should be no different outside marking is hard to break w/o walking them but a walk 2/3 times a day always controlling the path away from bushes and areas highly marked. when they do squat to pee (because they have to rather than controlling the territory) PRAISE them. You have to break them from it outside and inside. Make them sit for every thing; give them a job! sit, to come in, go out, eat, drink, walk, doors, pets etc. and you have to kick them off of the couch (I didn't do this... that is hard on me), but read it is a king/territory thing. Hope it works...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 10:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
Male dogs of some breeds tend to do this out of spite. For instance, a male Poodle may pee in your bed, if you were angry with him about something.

Prostate removal should take place at a very young age and I don't think that this process will influence the personality or personality of a dog, like a Poodle.

If the dog pees on the wall, you must quickly scrub the wall with chlorox ( concentrate) and anything else to eliminate the odor. When you see the dog peeing on the wall, pick the dog up and either take him outside to the lawn or put him on a paper in a caged area. Let him sit there for awhile.

Then take him out, cuddle him, give him a treat. Wait for the next pee cycle and repeat.

With Poodles remember, they're smart and very lovable. Being mean to your dog does nothing but make a dog mean. Love is the better way to go.
0 Replies

Lacy456

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:11 am
Does rubber bands really works?
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:10 pm
Too late.

Just keep the dog outside all the time. After that, watch movies, cook, go shopping, be free.
0 Replies

GladyBendy

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 01:46 am
@Robert Gentel,
As soon as we surf the internet and looking for the jammer products we can see that there are various types of signal jammers that are for sale in the market now such as the mobile phone jammers, GPS jammers, video wireless, wifi jammers, UHF jammers, the multi-functional signal jammers and so many others kinds of signal jammers for sale as well. And what people now need to do is just select the best one according to their needs.
roger

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 02:29 am
@GladyBendy,
You probably clicked on this thread by accident. I certainly hope so.
0 Replies

Gridfamiliar

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 02:48 am
We are also having the same problem with our Shih Tzu. He was trained before and suddenly changed his behavior and used to urinate or peeing in our carpet at the sala. But, a friend told us that you can put or spray something like a vinegar so that it will stop from going on the same spot. Maybe the next thing is to train him again.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 01:57 pm
@Gridfamiliar,
Nah, that won't work. Have to retrain.
0 Replies