"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, it's the 28th here in our time zones, but it's the 29th in Sydney and Adelaide. Makes me dizzy.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:12 am
@glitterbag,
It would be 4am here and 3am in the UK on Wednesday 30th (and 11:30am in Adelaide) ... (This 9:30 behind GMT is even more confusing)
0 Replies

annis

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:42 am
I will again light my candles for him! Never ever forgotten!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Apologies Walter, no no, you are quite correct, Danny's service is on Wednesday just as you said. I've been writing in Oz time and on Tuesday already. So sorry.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 11:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you and D for representing us on Wednesday.

Think of us all as being with you as little shoulder sprites.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 12:56 pm
@ehBeth,
FS, If you happen to come across a bird feather, please place it at the foot of his grave for me. Anna and family can use it to tickle his toes now and then.
Izzie

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
((((KP)))) ~ we'll be holding your hand today, thank you.

Love to all Danny's family x

Izzie and Community Friends

Danny was an officer and a gentleman, beloved by all who knew him with friends on every continent. The online community we shared, and who had the privilege to call Danny a friend, all knew where Australia was because that was where Danny lived.

Danny will be missed, but more than that; he will be remembered for the help, encouragement and support he gave to so many, his words and kindness live on in our hearts.

Danny was a true ambassador for all that is good and decent in the world and when asked what was the key to his success he would say, “I married the right girl.”

On behalf of all his friends who cannot be with you in person today, may we offer our thanks for his life and our sincere heartfelt condolences to his dear wife Anna, son Michael and family.

"Parable of Immortality" by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch until at last she hangs
like a speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says,
" There she goes! "
Gone where?
Gone from my sight . . . that is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the place of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment
when someone at my side says,
" There she goes! "
there are other eyes watching her coming . . .
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout . . .
" Here she comes! "

Rest In Peace dear friend.

All is well...

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other
That we are still
Call me by my own familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever was
There is absolute unbroken continuity
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind
Because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is past; nothing is lost
One brief moment and all will be as it was before
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Canon Henry Scott-Holland, Canon of St Paul's Cathedral (1847 - 1918)

Respected, Loved and Missed by All our Community. xxxx
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:46 pm
@Izzie,
(((CREW))) ((((IZZIE)))

Quote:
Danny was an officer and a gentleman, beloved by all who knew him with friends on every continent

I know in my heart of hearts I will feel those hands and thank you sincerely and for the PM's I received and (((EHBETH)))...

It is beautiful to know that what you wrote here Izzie on behalf of everyone, will be read today..... I know he will hear it!

Danny loved black.. Whenever we were scheduled for coffee, he'd ask if I was going to wear black. Goodness me, I loved that cheeky side.. I still see LOLS everywhere and I smile.

Anyways. It's an honour to be able to be there on behalf of all the CREW of the Boson, Boss, Bear...

I know others here have done the same for people of this Community. A Community that Danny ensured none of us left, once we joined, he held our hands ...

I will go with that in mind...

Danny was an officer and a gentleman.

Thank you Izzie (((crew)))
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:15 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Beautiful. x

I've emailed ((((IZZIE))) she can add what she feels best .

A story Anna asked me to tell you that she told me in-front of Danny a month ago and we laughed, so did Danny and was read out today, on behalf of her in amongst her love and memories.

I'll start with that. Anna met Danny at a Sports field, she was watching the game. Eventually, Danny walked over to her, 6ft something tall and asked her if her hands were cold. She said they were. Danny then said " Do you want to put your hands in my trouser pockets? " She said "no way".... And that is how they met, all-be-it that she declined his date invites for some time.

It was a beautiful service much like the stories you have all told. His family, friends, forever the person to guide, provide a helping hand, holding hands, wisdom.

But also a very cheeky Danny and one that everyone rebelled on as a child with him only to find out he knew all along and smiled at that rebellion.

A story of friendships long lasting, built, never ending.

A story of family, strong united and sharing.

A story of love.

Danny was a rebel, loved to travel stand on his own but would always return to his family.

Michael his son, told a beautiful story of his Father. He has the codes to Danny's sites and more than likely will at some stage read Danny's posts, Yabber, FW.

At the end... Michael said.... " I knew he loved crosswords , puzzles but it wasn't until I was shown the abundance of emails, from his on-line friends did I know how much. When I visited he would say " make sure you ring (FS (....) & IZZIE (...........))...

I guess I lost it at that point that one of the most important parts of his life was known to his family, you.. Here. All of us.

I had to tell you that bit, because Danny would have loved you all to know and whilst he told you over and over, he got a chance through his family to tell you again.

Lastly... Football. I will obtain the photo I know Anna would love it here she truly would... of his last photo ... Port Power.. His team, he was holding the jacket up against him and whilst I couldn't focus on the entire words at the time, in short they said " NEVER GIVE UP" which was what he was all about is all about.

XX Thanks for being there ... as you were.... as it was acknowledged to over 100 people.....
vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:27 am
@Izzie,
Beautiful words Izzie, and oh so true. RIP Danny.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:46 am
@Butrflynet,
BF Smile I didn't but.. I wanted to tell you... Last year 3 of my babies died. And D's. Missy my 17 year old Pomeranian, Bigsy our " knew was borrowed" cat, and D's Cancer dog, Ruby...... There for the whole three till the end, holding them....and we found feathers.

Ruby's fur was red, we had Maggies and the smaller ones but yet we found a red feather.

All I can say is... we have the little maggies here and today one kept as he does but usually with viligance landed softly 3 times for food so I will take that as he was soft and will tickle Danny's toes x
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 06:46 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Loved at home, that is Danny.

Loved around the world, that is our Dutchy.

Wink
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 08:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I'll start with that. Anna met Danny at a Sports field, she was watching the game. Eventually, Danny walked over to her, 6ft something tall and asked her if her hands were cold. She said they were. Danny then said " Do you want to put your hands in my trouser pockets? " She said "no way".... And that is how they met, all-be-it that she declined his date invites for some time.

That is awesome. Love that!

Thanks Sweet Iz.

Thoughts are with you all...

(((Crew)))
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 05:25 am
@vonny,
lt is sad that we have lost such a lovely man, he was always ready with a reply to many a difficult question that was asked. l am sure that like me when we crossworders fill in our grids that dear Dutchy will be in our thoughts. Take care of him God you have got a good one there. R.I.P
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 05:29 am
@Izzie,
What a beautiful picture, will post it on my fb for all my friends to see what a lovely beautiful and clever man Dutchy was, R.I.P
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 03:33 am
@margsy,
http://able2know.org/topic/141945-1

http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100218/646b8282c9f47f2d.gif

How fitting x
vonny

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 04:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Love it! Very Happy
glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:53 pm
@vonny,
Yesterday (Sat. May 3rd) we attended a dance recital that our 3 year old granddaughter danced in (I'm not sure I would call it dance, but damn, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time). 20 little girls on stage trying to follow a routine, and when they got bored some would sit done, some would do their own special happy dance, it was so much fun. I love these little performances.
vonny

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 02:45 am
@glitterbag,
It must have been great fun - bless them, they try so hard but it's a lot to ask of a little one to remember a whole routine. Laughing
spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 09:46 am
@vonny,
I have been isolated from the net for a month with work.

I will never see a Wedgie for the rest of my life without thinking of the kind, funny person who has gone from here.

Some people spread good ripples, the world is a better place because they existed. Dutchy was one of those.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:05:27