"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Ottoman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 06:11 pm
I do not post hardly ever but like to follow certain threads ( does that make me a little strange? ) I hope the captain doesn’t mind.
I would just like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a fruitful New Year

All the best 💞
roger

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 06:33 pm
@Ottoman ,
I also find it easier to read than to write. I don't think it's a bit strange. I can't speak for the captain, but The Ship's Rat is glad to see some activity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 06:58 pm
@Ottoman ,
We're all a little strange, because we are all very subjective in what we like to read.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 07:51 pm
*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZZIE ***

Another year younger… Enjoy, enjoy enjoy. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 01:39 pm
@Tryagain,
HAPPY NEW YEAR CREW

Wishing you all good wishes, near and far, and may 2019 be your best year yet. xxxxx
Izzie

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 01:40 pm
@Tryagain,
((((((Blue, loving you)))))) 😘
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 05:30 pm
@Izzie,
Happy New Year, Izzie!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:39 am
I hope everyone is well. I thought I'd post this here because it's as good a place as any. On BBC Radio 4 there's a programme called The Infinite Monkey Cage, it's presented by Professor Brian Cox and comedian Chris Addison and takes a light hearted look at science.

The other day they asked listeners what number they were afraid of and read out some of the relies at the end. They formed one of two categories, either a joke or something informative about how a number in a foreign language has the same name as death or something equally unpleasant.

Brian Cox read one out but started off by saying he didn't get it. Someone said they were frightened of 3.1429 because they were gluten intolerant. Chris Addison jumped in and said, "Pi."

This is what surprised me, I thought the answer was fairly obvious, but someone of Brian Cox's vast intelligence didn't get it while more ordinary intellects like Chris Addison and me got it straight away. Was this a fluke or do these smart academics really miss out on stuff us ordinary mortals spot with no trouble at all.

Please send answers to Professor Brian Cox c/o the BBC.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 02:31 pm
Perhaps he just didn't associate the gluten issue with pi.

Rather precise, these academics - although Brian Cox is pretty amazing!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 04:50 pm
I wanted to post this somewhere. I've just got back from the cinema after watching a live screening of the RSC's Measure For Measure. It was so good, and so very timely. It has to be my favourite Shakespeare play, and at a time of Me too, so relevant.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 10:00 am
Happy Birthday Izzie!
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2022 03:57 pm
Got an email reminder that today is Danny van Doorn's 8th anniversary. Some of you (particularly those that frequented this thread) will remember Danny, who posted on A2K as Dutchy. A kind and gentle soul as well as an incorrigible flirt! He was the first A2K'er to reach 100k posts achieving the (Jespah inspired) handle of Golden Eagle. Thinking of him today.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 01:53 am
@lmur,
He was always very friendly, warm and humorous.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:50:48