"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 07:38 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Quote:
Some people spread good ripples, the world is a better place because they existed. Dutchy was one of those.

That is wonderfully expressed. Feel the same way. Dutchy encourages me to be one of those folks. http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/team2morrow/HeartsandLove/Heart2.jpg
verbivore

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 11:03 am
@mismi,
i login here everyday..now..and then return..there is an unsaid mourning here. A private one at that. somehow our worlds have gotten back to normal, the function we had to go to, the hosting we had to, the birthdays and parties. But here..coming back..we all seem to be mourning. sometimes I go back thinking thats the best way to deal with it..sometimes it pulls out a tear..sometimes I wish someone crushed the silence which inturn was crushing
mismi

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 01:46 pm
@verbivore,
yep...my 3d world goes on. But I do come back on here and find I am very morose. I am trying to break out of it. But it's an odd thing knowing he's not here anymore. It feels a bit broken doesn't it? Not sure how to fix it though. Smile Of course he wouldn't want what we have here to end. He loved it here and we should try to perk up and celebrate his legacy of helping others and making others smile.

I shall do my best. Smile
vonny

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 02:20 pm
@mismi,
Somebody on A2K told me that they weren't going to mourn Danny but that instead they were going to celebrate his life. That sounds just the sort of thing he'd have said himself.

He loved playing games - loved joking and flirting on Yabber-Liner and First Word - look at the incredible number of posts he notched up! I agree with you 100% that we should perk up and celebrate his legacy of helping others and making them smile. I'll do my best too. Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:03 pm
@vonny,
Grief is real and so is mourning. But, a man larger than life came into all of our lives and I can tell you the one thing he would want nothing more now, is to laugh at what we all pull up or say now, in his honour and for us to laugh.. as it would be with him.

Quote:
Somebody on A2K told me that they weren't going to mourn Danny but that instead they were going to celebrate his life. That sounds just the sort of thing he'd have said himself.

It is what he said. It's what Anna told me he wanted, it's what he told me he'd love. Old pictures he put up, having a go at someone, things that made him laugh, us laugh..

Quote:
his legacy of helping others and making them smile
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 04:17 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
Somebody on A2K told me that they weren't going to mourn Danny but that instead they were going to celebrate his life.

I'm doing both of things. I don't think one excludes the other.

I still feel his loss, and a definite sadness, particularly when I enter a thread, like the Insult thread, where we did joke around, and interact with each other. It does dampen my enthusiasm, right now, for participating in that thread, as well as a few others. At the same time, I'm reminded of Dutchy's humor and his wonderful good nature in those threads, even while he was going through emotionally wrenching health problems, so continuing to participate in them is a way of carrying on his legacy and celebrating his life and spirit.

So for me, it's a rather mixed bag.

When I'm ready to perk up, I will, but I'm not quite there yet. I don't think anyone should have to put on a happy face until they feel ready to do that. A keen sense of loss is what I'm still feeling right now, as others are as well, and that needs to be shared as well. Mourning takes time, it's not something that can just be turned off.

We celebrate Dutchy's life by all of the memories we share of how he affected us in such positive ways, and by the example he set for us in being such a caring and kind person. And I agree with you that we should celebrate his legacy by trying to follow that example. It's the best tribute we could pay to him.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 09:45 pm
@firefly,
I'm trying to be up-beat, trying to just hang to the funny things not think about grieving.

The last 3 months, I was with both, Danny and Anna. Anna refused to do anything other than to make him smile, laugh and I followed suit in the most difficult time of my life really. Not to be able to show tears.

My own Grandmother who was my soul, simply died in her sleep the only other person that I've cared deeply for that has passed..

We all grieve differently for sure and I'm not sure how I am feeling to be honest.

I just wanted to say that as I don't want anyone for one minute to think I am suggesting people should stop... In-fact I was asked to type again on FW but stated I don't think I am ready, nor anyone else.

I've spent months trying to be up-beat I guess I still "need" to feel that way or maybe not....

vonny

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 03:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I really only knew Danny for sixteen months, and he was ill during most of that time. But he was brave - so very brave - and an inspiration to me through my own health problems. He played on through all of it - managing to post almost to the end.

I love what firefly said
Quote:
At the same time, I'm reminded of Dutchy's humor and his wonderful good nature in those threads, even while he was going through emotionally wrenching health problems, so continuing to participate in them is a way of carrying on his legacy and celebrating his life and spirit.

We are all individuals and we all grieve in different ways, so nobody should feel bad if they do or don't play games.
mismi

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:09 pm
@vonny,
I just have to come to my Yabber Friends and tell you. My boys are going into 9th grade in the fall...They both will be in the band. One plays trumpet and has not tried for his chair yet - but the other had to try out for snare line today. It is very rare for freshman to make drumline. But he did it. He made drumline and is in the FOURTH chair. FOUR out of SIX chairs! Happy Mother's Day to ME! Smile Not only did he make it but he beat out two upper classmen. I cannot tell you how proud I am.

Hugs you all...

And Happy Mother's Day to all.

Hugs and smooches,
mis
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 02:35 am
@mismi,
Quote:
Happy Mother's Day to ME!

Proud Mismi, that's fantastic.. Happy Mother's Day - to you. Smile

And to all you other Mothers of little beings or little creatures.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:48 am
@mismi,
Great news, mismi - you must be very proud of your boys. Very Happy

Hugs across the ocean!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 01:54 pm
@mismi,
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Miss Sunshine. I won't be telling my mother though, otherwise she'll be wanting a load more bloody chocolates and flowers.
mismi

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 02:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Well YEAH! Wink

((izzy)) - Thank you. Smile

Thanks Vonny and Foundie!
It's a good day. I am happy.
verbivore

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 07:27 am
@mismi,
hiya to all of you..pretty lame day - have a ear infection and its sso stupid - antibiotics are stupid! managing own kid + girlfriend is stupid and having to cook for dinner is stupid! Sad
mismi

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 08:17 pm
@verbivore,
Sounds rough Verbs. (((Verbi))) Love you hun. I hope you feel better soon.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 02:12 am
@verbivore,
Aweee. And, then......... he comes home and you can put your feet up? xxx
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:54 am
Wishing Izzie's son a great Birthday!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:40 pm
@annis,
Really? All those smiles and laughter ... Wishing the same and a wonderful day for Mum as well.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 08:05 am
Hi gang, how’s y’all a doing?

The talk down at the Cattleman’s Association is that someone is celebrating a birthday today. I came to offer felicitations and… nix, nada, no show, not a word!

Perhaps it was for Izzieson! O tanjō-bi omedetōgozaimasu

Ima sure Missy would have mentioned something in the shower this morning if it had been her birthday ;o)

Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY >>>>> insert name here <<<<<

Some time ago dear Dutchy mentioned that Arthroochilus huntianus subsp. Nothofagicola was an endangered orchid in Australia, so I have decided to go visit the Chelsea Flower Show in England, as it is the largest flower show in the world to see if I can keep a promise to boost the population. However with the tight import rules about ‘foreign species’, I have my doubts.

Just a pity the authorities didn’t stop Bart Simpson from bringing over the Cane toad; bloody menace!

In an effort to right that grievous wrong, may I recommend you setup a colony of Meat ants to rid you of the cane toads. As y’all may know Meat ants are omnivorous scavengers that get their name from their use, by farmers, to clean carcasses. They are normally diurnal, but on hot days, foraging is bimodal. So be warned.

Hoping all youse guys are well and coming to terms with our recent loss, I know he would want us to keep up the chatter on A2K, so in that spirit I share a recipe for PRAIRIE DOG STEW…

2-3 prairie dogs
4-5 tbsp. grease
Salt to taste
Chili to taste
1 lb. pinto beans
Some dried corn
Tomatoes
Onion, diced

Brown the dogs in grease, season with salt and chili. Fill another kettle with water and cook beans and corn. Add onions and tomatoes. Add dogs when beans are half cooked and finish cooking.

Serve with corn bread or squaw cakes.

Don't laugh girls, this one is really good.

Wash it down with uatemala Patagonia El Tanque
Houston’s Greenway Coffee 100-percent Bourbon Chocola varietal.

With a side bowl of my special Fudgy Bon Bons…

Fudge snow capped cookies with candy pieces in the middle.

Original recipe makes 60 cookies

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 chocolate candy kisses with white stripes
2 ounces white chocolate
1 teaspoon shortening

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the condensed milk. Add the flour and vanilla, stir until well blended. Use about one tablespoon of dough to completely cover each one. Place on unprepared baking sheet 1 inch apart.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven.

Using the top of a double boiler or microwave, melt the white chocolate and shortening together. Stir to blend, then drop a thumbnail sized portion on the top of each cookie.

Enjoy.

Do yew got a recipe to share?

Hugs ‘n stuff x

annis

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 10:48 am
yes sboy is 17! my son will be 17 in July and hoping it will a fab birthday as last year he had his open heart surgery. I have booked them both and me of course, with Izzie's help, for them to go see Eminem in London. VIP of course!

Try, you are in London? Wow enjoy! I have never visited Chelsea flower show, have done Hampton Court, very tiring but I love the flowers etc!

This July I will be 50! Me, 50! oh boy! So am aiming to run away and hide! well actually am going to have a meal in London with my 81 year old Mother and my sister at a very special restaurant, it has opera and is so OTT!

If I could have afforded it, I would have gone away alone but that is not possible. So my very close family it is!

hugs and stuff to all x

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:21:13