"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 12:49 pm
http://cruiselinehistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/ARCADIA-TOURIST-CLASS.jpg

memories of being called aboard the Arcadia in the very very very early 1960's when mrs hamburger and I travelled to Germany to decide if the hamburgers would return or continue to live in Canada
Tryagain

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 02:46 pm
@Roberta,
Quote Roberta: "If you haven't grown a tail or mouse ears, then what's the point?"

A point refers usually to an element of some set called a space. More specifically, in Euclidean geometry, a point is a primitive notion upon which the geometry is built, meaning that a point cannot be defined in terms of previously defined objects.

However the captains propensity towards chocolate is directly proportional to x, then the graph of y as a function of x is a straight line passing through the origin with the slope of the line equal to the constant of proportionality: it corresponds to linear growth.

Which is the same as: What is the square root of 69?
Ate something!

I hope that elucidates.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 02:56 pm
@Tryagain,
Oh, yeah!

(Now, somebody tell a poor rat what Try said)
Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good to know that you are being looked after - always good to have a Florence Nightingale by your side. Keep travelling and keep enjoying xx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 03:00 pm
@mysteryman841,
Wellllllllllllll, MM(J) - it has been a long time but we iz always here. I'm on a semi-permanent shore leave but I still know where my world-family iz and it's good to hope aboard. Are you still fighting fires? How is Stacy? Very good to see you, still got your stations T-shirt here, very honoured to have it too. xx
Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 03:03 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Izzie wrote:

I have human and mouse-embryo stem cells infused... my cat's still love me, don't try eating me and I haven't grown a tail or mouse ears yet, so happy days.

If you haven't grown a tail or mouse ears, then what's the point?

ahaha, my love for cheese has increased... and I'm a tad glad I've not got whiskers yet! Good to see you Boida, keeping my hoper in high gear for your recovery ~ love love love x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 03:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Goodness gracious - tad larger than ours - do you ever return to Germany to visit? I was on the SS Uganda on a school trip when I around 13 or 14... sailed around the med and that was a lotta fun! Ooooooooooh - Venice... would love to return there. ((Bethie)) xx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 03:09 pm
@Tryagain,
You are so bad which makes you so good. I love you Blue xx smooches xx
Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 03:28 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Oh, yeah!

(Now, somebody tell a poor rat what Try said)

Ha, there I was TRYing to reply and …

Flood Prevention: You must wait 18 minutes before making another post in a row to this thread.

Sheesh, what with electrics and water, the whole thing is quite shocking.

As for educating on the Blue Boy’s elucidating his Euclideans, well, one has to check Linear Growth which means that it grows by the same amount in each time step. For example you might have something that is 5 inches long on Monday morning and then 8 inches long on Tuesday morning and then 11 inches long on Wednesday morning and so on. So it is growing by 3 inches a day.

Linear growth - Math Central
mathcentral.uregina.ca/qq/database/qq.09.06/s/rebecca1.html

Oh my! Shocked

In other words, a linear function is one that is changing at a constant rate as changes.

An exponential function is one that changes at a rate that's always proportional to the value of the function. Therefore, as my chocolate nibbles grow exponentially (sadly, not linearly), that is OK as it is definitely proportional to the value of my chocolate nibbles functioning by satisfying my tummy!

All OK then. Carry on nibbling.
Very Happy

and so the fun begins!
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 10:20 pm
@Izzie,
I still fight fires, but other than that I have been grounded.
Because of injuries at work, I am on permanent disability now, and that sux.

Stacy is still working, and she likes where she is at.
I don't like the fact that I cant work anymore, I haven't worked since last September.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 01:38 am
@mismi,
Mismi!!!

I am sorry, I have a hard time getting here myself as much as I love, love, love this place.

Sending much love and hugs, to you and your Mum.... 77 is not very old but whoa what a fighter and whoa what a legacy to leave on his birthday, I think that's something to always cherish ...

Much love sunshine
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 01:40 am
@Izzie,
He's a warlock? OMG I didn't realise. I mean from bad to good, has to be a warlock! ( actually i wrote warlick) what is that? Smile

Izzie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here we are again. !
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:24 am
We're still moving in, had to leave the last place and have only moved about half a mile down the road, but I keep bumping into people I know, some I haven't seen for ten years or more.

I've got a poorly cat, he's got a cut/burn/graze on his side from some fight or scrape. I've been treating it with savlon, and he's been very timid, very cooperative, until today when he put up a bit of a struggle. That's good because it means he's getting better.

And we've got hedgehogs, but I've not seen them since we got back from Copenhagen. Then again it's rained a lot, they can get water and invertebrates for themselves and don't need to get water and cat food from us to survive the dry spell.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 06:46 am
Oh my goodness, what a Smörgåsbord of delights as long lost crew give voice to memories of the past…

Roger, I pine for the days when dear J. Wandel would explain my verbiage - and do so in a way that even I could understand. However, what made me smile yesterday (and indeed today) was the thought of Misme, Beth and FS (AKA Sheila) recreating Antonio Canova’s statue of The Three Graces – down at the o’le skinny dippin’ creek.

Yew ain’t no mystery ‘J’ but a most welcome visitor; I am sorry to hear of your forced retirement and I hope you will use your time to good effect. However, my I implore you… please, no more Tshirts as every time its worn there is a cacophony of ‘hose’ jokes. Best wishes to the family.

Hi, Izzy (with a ‘Y’) the active ingredients in Savlon are two antiseptics, cetrimide and chlorhexidine gluconate. I would suggest that both Savlon & Germalene are poison to cats & dogs and you should take it to the vet. Good luck with the move and thank you for sharing the hedgehogs with us.

Dear F.S. seems like a long time since we last spoke, but still a treasured memory. I do hope you are enjoying married life and please post your singing on YouTube as you will be a sensation.

Roberta, your stoic response to adversity is an inspiration to all those who are not of that ilk. Lang may yer lum reek.

No seriously, I am afraid of negative numbers, you only have to ask Izzie; I will stop at nothing to avoid them.

As we say down in this here neck of the woods: "dif-tor heh smusma"
Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 05:41 pm
@Tryagain,
Oh Blue, you do run Amok, but you iz one in a million ~ smooches 😚
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:16 pm
@Tryagain,
Aweee, firstly a poorly cat, hope he / she gets better.

Try.... I will "never" post that video, ever, ever, ever, I practised for 3 months only for the idiot whom I engaged for the lecturn to place it in a spot that you well, just can't hear a thing! BUT, it was fun doing it for hubby Smile

Yes, it sure does seem like a lifetime but that's why when you pop your head in here, near that ship, you get ship.... no not at all, you get beautiful memories that will never die. x
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:28 am
@FOUND SOUL,
He's on the mend. His fur is growing back and he doesn't mind being touched there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:52 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

No seriously, I am afraid of negative numbers, you only have to ask Izzie; I will stop at nothing to avoid them.

I just might steal that one.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 09:31 am
@Izzie,
We were at SPACE in Evanston last night for a blues show and celebration of Jimmy Johnson's 90th birthday. Jimmy dedicated part of the show to his "best friend" Eddie Clearwater. It brought back great memories of our night at Bill's Blues (also in Evanston) and your entire visit. xo
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 08:24 pm
Watch out you Pommy lot...I hear birthdays and Christmas approaching! Have fun!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:22:48