"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:34 am

Dutchy...

http://sentimentaljourneyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rest-in-peace-boat.gif
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:09 pm
See ya later, Popcicle Toes!

I'll miss getting to giggle with you in PMs about your tootsies.
verbivore

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
he is being missed!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:41 pm
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:42 pm
Thank you, Izzie.

I recall a few years ago, and maybe it's no longer a few, Robert sent me a note and said, "There's a guy who's got 100,000 posts. We gotta do something."

What?

Really.

We could give out titles then, before the software was changed, and we needed something to commemorate such an occasion. So I asked Noddy, and she came up with, of all things, Cosmic Eagle.

I asked Danny in PM, "Is that okay?"

Sure.

Fly, Eagle, fly.

'Til we meet again.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 02:47 pm
Precious man. Lovely telling of his life Izzie.
I am at peace because I know he is.

Praying for Anna and M and the babies.

Hugs to the crew...
mis
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:56 pm
@Izzie,
Danny...

Where to begin.. I'm honoured to have known such a beautiful soul, the conversations daily, as we were the only ones awake for so many months, surprising him on his birthday, our first cup of coffee, how he hi-jacked First Word and turned it in to chat, the laughs, the stories, the sharing, the caring, holding his hand, so many personal memories.

Last Wednesday, I asked Danny if we could post his pictures, a thread for him, letting his friends see and celebrate his life including his love of Dolly and Witches. Took me forever to get those words out. He said " I think that's magic, do it, you have my permission".

Last night, I read the first few pages of Yabber.

I went back and read loads on First Word.

I looked at Mismi's thread.

I realised that our Boson is bigger than life, he stands alone but Yabber was his home and First Word was his other home, Mismi created something special, those three threads I'll be remembering our Danny on and sharing.

An Officer and a Gentleman...

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/dutchy/an-officer-and-a-gentleman-517af25bc2225_zps59fb517c.png

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/dutchy/Dannyincomputerroom_zpsc2e0e011.jpg

Last night I stood outside and took this picture.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/dutchy/ForDanny001_zps7c04c61b.jpg a beautiful lighted sky reaching with arms surrounding.

There are so many stories to share and I will but I've never met such a determined man, generous loving man, someone with so much strength and courage, he was like a Father, the Grandfather I never had, my best friend who was there for me as I was him. A bond formed that I'll never be able to explain but nor do I need to, it's in my heart, it's in my soul.

I know in my heart, his daughter and him are together and my heart goes out to Anna and her family and this journey has no ending as he flies over all of us...

The truest form of love has no boundries forever loved...

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:24 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Great one Izzie, only to happy to climb aboard, what a way to start a new day.

This, from Danny's first post on this thread, IS Danny.

~~~

Rest in peace dear friend.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:44 pm
Danny was part of the heart and soul of a2k. He was a vitale constant of our everyday community.

Now with his absence, a2k is a little more frayed. Unrepairable.

Danny, you dignity, wit, wisdom, and wordplay will be sorely missed. I hope you find yourself dining with your heroes on the other side.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:29 am
At the risk of sounding pretentious, in many ways Danny was A2K's Nelson Mandela. A thoroughly decent bloke who reached across traditional divides. Even his passing was like Mandela's, with lots of false dawns. And he's left his mark on all who interacted with him.

Rest easy.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 05:00 am
Sleep peacefully Danny.

My condolences and thoughts go to all who knew and loved him.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:42 am
Dear Dutchy you have stirred my fear of abibliophobia on A2K and whilst not wishing to witness batrachomyomachy or discombobulate, I feel that as a rapscallion I can now confirm that Pine Gap outside Alice Springs is as you suspected and I hope it is not viewed as a mumpsimus, equates to Area 51.

Your informant however is a Republican snollygoster; the road is unremacadamized and runs widdershins.

May you find the shade of a coolibah tree and always have a jumbuck in your tucker-bag.

Ps. may I thank y’all for your heartfelt comments, they will be such a comfort to Danny’s wife and family. X
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 02:36 pm
@Tryagain,
He would so love that.

mismi

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:13 am
@mismi,
Hello Crew:

I know we are all in a bit of shock right now.

Just wanted you to know you are all in my thoughts

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss83/mismi40/4005c65a-fe5a-4529-aee2-5256e982eaca_zps9adbe161.jpg

(((Yabber Crew)))
verbivore

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 12:05 am
@mismi,
will take some time i guess. Still cant believe he is not around..
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 02:16 am
@verbivore,
Danny's funeral service will be held on Wednesday, 30th April 2014 at 11:30am. (UTC/GTM: 9:30 hours behind)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 02:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I will be attending and sending a massive amount of hugs up there to the Universe as I can... D will be coming with me and I will be taking the day off.

Thanks Walter I didn't know how to advise that at all. You know?

If you all like I can place an ad in our local paper from you all, I would like to ask (Izzie) to write it and place it here, I would need to do it tomorrow for Wednesday's paper but if we miss it, it can still go in Saturday's paper.. I think that would be "magic".

I emailed Izzie a few days ago about Wednesday. Anna is placing a PORT POWER scarf for those that know that Dutchy followed Aussie Football. And, will include a photo as well of him wearing a jacket at a game, smiling. All the family barrack for the opposite here, The Crows even me... When Danny would go and watch football where they played against each other, I would just go pftttttttttttt .

It is very hard but he's in everyone's heart and you are all in his.

Strange thing happened last night. http://able2know.org/topic/181331-266
This lady just appeared from no where. Her daughter is starting up a new business and her Mother came there to ask "Dutchy" for permission to use his photo that he took of Glenelg Beach for her daughter's website. She found it somehow and I guess googled the photo which lead to here.

I emailed her, such a beautiful lady. She will send me a link once the website is finished. I think in his words he will be "tickled pink" at the knowledge that one of his photos created a new website in his township, Adelaide. I hope it prospers .

I think if people wrote a line, for the advertisement in the local paper, Izzie could compile something quicker and easier and it's hard as she herself I know is ........iz.

His own picture on a website.

((HUGS))
vonny

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you for letting us know, Walter.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:48 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Dear Crew

I hope y'all are OK.

Thank you Walter, for posting about Danny's service.

I've spoken to Anna for a long time over the weekend. We laughed at times, some tears, but mostly we just talked.

I miss Danny - it was good to talk.

Danny's service will take place tomorrow. His ashes be laid to rest beside his daughter in the most beautiful setting and where he visited with his daughter over the years. His spirit is free - he is all around us.

The family have been together over the past week and have been going through photos - there have been so many memories revisted and the grandchildren have been finding out all sorts of things about there Opa that they never knew. Family, friends, visitors from around the world have been there too - and much reminiscing has been done. Anna is as stoic and incredible as always, supported by Danny's sister and other family members and so many friends - she will have quiet time, and time to grieve, when the family have returned to PL at the end of the week. There's been many tears but so much laughter too ... and Danny would have loved that.

Danny and M - Sept/Oct2009 atop Sydney Tower
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lJPWyiW5S9E/U1aaC-cKJ-I/AAAAAAAAjls/i2Gjaku4Y68/s800/Danny%2520and%2520Michael%2520Sydney%2520Tower%2520Oct%25202009.jpg

If anyone would like to write a personal note to Anna , please PM me as I will be sending off mail Down Under in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you KP - know that we'll be with you tomorrow and that Danny would be so delighted to know that you and David are there supporting Anna, Michael and family. (((((((((KP))))))))

Thank you (((((((((((Crew))))))))))

x

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BhNQgoiuX8k/U11oPnqqX9I/AAAAAAAAkGk/VtoGrtI9VFo/s800/DSC02514.JPG
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:37 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
Danny's service will take place tomorrow.
Sorry, I must have got it wrong then.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:58:24