"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 02:59 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hi FlavourQueen I'm happy to see you and sincerely hope the treatment awaiting you will be no major hurdle. I can imagine the waiting time is the worst of all and make you feel tired hence you're sleeping so much. We're still praying for you and sending heaps of vibes across the oceans. Keep strong Charlie, everything will turn out alright. (((Charlie)))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:22 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

http://www.treehugger.com/cheetah-profile-jj.jpg

perfect

When I come out to Noo Yawk, I will take a pic... and your profile too!

How are you today Boida - managed to catch up on the workload? Glad you saw the pics - that velvety Hawk Moth larva was gorgeous, imitating a snake he was! I have NEVER seen a Hawk Moth here tho - hmmmmmmmm.... maybe the bats nibble on the moths. Will be keeping a close eye out for the moth now.

Finishing up two jobs. Typing up the invoices. Breathing was better yesterday. Sleeping a lot. Eating a lot (steroids make me hungry).

Udderwise, I'm hanging.
Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 06:35 am
@Roberta,
Afternoon Crew

Ah sis... you got the blues babe... ya know, getting this week out of the way will be good

1) you've been told you had a lump, prolly benign, then gotta have an op, don't worry, it won't have spread, ooooh, lop out the lump and ooooooooh 12 nodes to0 and sorry, yes it's spread and we now have to wait

2) emotional turmoil of is this primary or secondary, is it ER or HER, is it chemo or radio... or both

3) all these people who are supporting you and face to face this can be overwhelming and keeping the family together when they are having their own mini-crises every so often

4) K-bro around all the time, people popping in and out <pass the neighbours brownies please> and gifts galore... and realising "dayum, i've got cancer"

5) and on top of that - ferking CABIN FEVER - when was the last time you stood/sat/lay still for so long and not been travelling abroad or at least able to get up and about and do your stuff, drive, run around

6) finally, social smile can be very tiring

PLUS

YOU JUST FOUND OUT YOU HAD CANCER, NOW YOU HAVEN'T and you still don't know what the oncologist is going to say on Thursday

sis, darlin', of course you're tired - you don't know which way to turn right now and maybe a little on own time to get your thoughts into some order is a good thing... or to not think at all

you have 3 days now - and if you can, you have to make the most of them because treatment will be starting soon and that's gonna zap you again - rollercoasters

so pamper yourself if you can, write... write when you can... nest a little more but mostly, if you need to sleep through the next 3 days - then sleep

and don't feel bad for feeling bad

you have every right to feel the way you're feeling - you went from being here on a weekend in the summer to a cancer survivor in less than a month - sheeeeeeeeit girl - allow yourself some slack - it is a big deal and yep, right, you weren't 'ick per se... but you have just had a heap big helping of surgery and your boobs being in and out of slots.

I know you're hoping to come down this weekend - but if you're not up to the journey, then don't worry about it (think long about how it may tire you out - I know you want to come and go the beach... but see how you feel on Friday - OK).

If you do get to come, I've begged, borrowed and am stealing Molly for the weekend and we can go do a Thelma and Louise on the moors in my baby or maybe a Rick Steins by the beach at sunset. This can be done anytime tho... see how you feel.

ok... enough of my lecturing - please do whatever you can just to get through the next few days and then you'll know which path you're headed down... next step of the journey a?

i love you... I LOVE YOU!

<just pick up the phone when you feel you can, iza here babe>

OK...good... Boida - glad you're hanging and that breathing is easier. Yep, those steroids will do that... thinking of you and hoping you get those invoices off and get the dosh coming in.

Talking of dosh... went to the dentist this morning... £2000.... yep, £2000 TWO THOUSAND POUNDS to have an implant... WTH... that's a quarter of my annual salary.... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a pretend tooth - ha... talk about wanting to bite someone's hand off.... and not in a good way. So that's out the windy - only other option is to have an op to "lengthen my tooth" and have a bridge.... well, I always thought I was getting a bit long in the tooth... BUT I DON'T THINK SO.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeugh. Could be a troll under the bridge, so gonna have to cap that one too - fuhgeddaboutit.

So, that's that with the dentist. Nem'mind. Rolling Eyes

S-boy and I had a quick trip to the hospital at noon, where the very nice doctor cauterised his nose... we did laugh... the doc had one of those thing's on his head (actually he looked like one of the Teletubbies -

http://www.okbuydvd.com/images/upload/Image/Teletubbies%20Seasons%201-3%20DVD%20Boxset%205.jpg

so I was telling S-boy whilst he had a prong up his nose and a weird looking doc that we weren't really at the hospital, the doctor was actually a Borg and S-boy was being assimilated, resistance was futile. Ha, the doc played along and said that the other Borg were next door and the patients in the waiting room were unaware. So he sprayed, pronged and silver nitrated S-boy and hopefully this should stop the nosebleeds.

Came home, opened up 4 bags of wood chips to rake out - sheeeeeesh, they stank and are all mouldy <gag> - 5 more to do - but they're gonna have to wait. Nasty.

S-boy's got the dentist thisavo and we have dinner to make now - so... I should be getting on now that I've put y'all to sleep. See, there's a method to my madness - sis, you will now fall into a deep sleep, dreaming of sandy white beaches and little huts in the Maldives.

kk - catch y'all later

((((BEAgle))) - so glad we caught up yesterday Very Happy

(((Bethie))) - hope you slept better and Hbg is doing well today. xxx

((((Blue)))) smooches you x

((((((Crew))))))
verbivore

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:00 am
@Izzie,
a quick hello from No mans land...ive submitted my laptop and internet data card to my previous company. Im waiting for my offer letter from IBM. internetless, jobless, .salaryless..days now!
hugs to u all....il jump onboard soon..till then thinking of ye...
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:01 am
@Izzie,
Hey Sis

Never guess what I have been doing - looking on the internet at houses near you - there is one in Bridestowe - on Rightmove - 675 - Lodge house - 2 acres - looks lush inside and there is one in Tavi - Brook street - old mill alongside the river - same price - really nice - more Kev I think - have a look and see what you see.

I have been so unsociable, but you just summed up exactly why - and yes - I won't feel bad about being unsociable.

I CANNOT believe the dentist quoted 2k - unbelievable - your text this morning made me think that I should perhaps contact the dentist whilst I am off work as I have so much work to be done - but maybe not after that!

Poor S boy - send him big hugs from me - I am gonna see how I feel after the appointment with the onc on Thursday before I make a final decision on coming down - I can't really face the inlaws etc, but who knows I may feel more sociable as the week goes on - I will let you know babe.

Verby - enjoy your time off between jobs and give H boy a big cuddle from me

To the rest of you guys

Have a gerat day
Sis - I love you

FQ xx
Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:26 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hey MaMaVerby - you're prolly offline now hun, but we'll be waiting for you to come back and hoping that IBM offer comes in real soon. Sending you huge hugs and love to you both and hoping all is good for Eby in his new job. (((((((((((((((((MaMaVerby, H-boy))))))))))))))))))))

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

That's the next property to Phil Hatton who went to school with Ke-bro.

GORGEOUS - I'm loving that - we'd practically be neighbours... (oh, don't say that to our Lobster of Loveliness tho Razz)

Right move Sis... do it! You know you gotta do it.

No worries on unsociable ... you are my sis after all! I'm in a good space today (well, except for the dentist) so we're balancing each other.

d'ya wanna laugh... guess what S-boys ONE line is in the Christmas play Wink

TO SCROOGE:
"Where's your blooming Christmas sprit... Miserable Old Goat" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhahhhaha

can't ya just picture that! see, you're smiling now, your Godson will be the very best street urchin in A Christmas Carol! So glad he auditioned - he'll be in the West End this time next year (ho ho ho!)

<pass the humbug> Wink

kk... gotta go back to dentist now with S - will give the chap my best withering stare on the £2K... hey ho... all I wanted was a tooth and he wants an arm and a leg. Dayum.

Cooked bolognaise earlier for the feeding of the 5000 today - yay (and no... no worcester sauce - blech - K-bro will not be impressed with me)

gotta fly................

Razz
FlavourQueen

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:42 am
@Izzie,
So proud of S boy getting a part in the play - he will be the best urchin out there - Well done S boy!! - Proud of you - you casn take my part in the West End babe.

Just cooking bolognese too - just tipped half a pot of garlic salt in by mistake and had to wash it off - hey ho - sure they won't notice it.

Still waiting for the cooker man - between 12 and 6 he said - what a waste of a day sitting here for him!

Anyway

Go do - speak to you laters

C xxx

JPB

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:27 am
@Izzie,
Lots of great advice and sentiment in this post. FQ -- you've had a hellofa shock. All of the ups and downs and feeling inside out are natural. Don't fight how you feel. All those feelings have a purpose. And they all pass. Eventually, the roller coaster will stop and you'll get to proceed with "life as normal". It may not be the old normal, but things will normalize again.

Iz --- I had that tooth extrusion surgery. It wasn't much fun.

waves to all the crew.

Happy Monday, all!
Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:03 am
@JPB,
hey sis - can yer tell K-bro I have hundreds of sloes in the garden - mmmmmmm - gin makers anonymous here Razz love you x

JPB wrote:

Iz --- I had that tooth extrusion surgery. It wasn't much fun.

nahhhhhhh... me no likey the sound of it either Shocked Hope you're doing better JPB and keeping off that foot. (((((((JPB))))))))

and at this point of the day, it's whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa

oooh ooooh oooooh - BIG DRAGONFLY in the garden - luverly - click click click

rescued mouse from Murph tho - he was still squeaking and the mouse weren't none too happy either.

S-boy and I had a fit of the giggles at the dentist - not good when you have to hold your nose to stop snorting whilst S was being examined. I really shoulda left the room - bad bad MaMa. He's coco tho - his head is beginning to grow into his teeth now Mr. Green

gusher nose just now - doc said he may get a few more over the next couple weeks... oooooooooookay... but eeeeeeeeeeeeeuw - nasty.

Bl88dy knackered now and gotta go iron for NATO - school uniform and white shirts <ok, well white shirts with red biro stains on - but hey, the stains turned pinkish in the wash so ... Razz >

keeping busy, my black kitty has been MIA for a while... 6 days and counting, so we've been pottering into the garden, calling, whistling, not a whisker Sad yep, he's done this a few times now so hoping as soon as i say it out loud, he'll come bounding thru the cat flap. Murphy is missing him a lot too.

dayum... i'm wittering crahhhhhp Embarrassed

back to work tomorrow so I'll be quiet then again.

gone!
0 Replies

Small

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 01:06 pm
@FlavourQueen,
Hi ya, SNAP!! must be Spag Bog Fever or something, just downed a rather large portion of the stuff myself. Ha ha. Keeping you in mind for Thursday honey. Hugs n stuff. xxx
Izzie

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 12:49 am
@Small,
Hey Small and Crew

late for work, just gotta say "HE'S BAVK"... my black kitty jumped on me at 1am, woke S-boy up and proceeded to play for an hour - none the worse for wear - so verra happy to see him

ok late............

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Razz

(sis, will call you from school - love you x)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:02 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, great to see your black kitty is back, I knew it always would, there isn't a better home to be in than yours! Now don't rush to work, you know what happened to me last week when I was in a rush to go somewhere. Laughing
Have a nice day.

Beagle getting ready for dinner. Lovely vegetable soup, roast potatoes with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sauce, and.......a pork fillet, followed by a desert of custard and fresh strawberries. Yummy, verbivore eat your heart out. Laughing
Roberta

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:03 am
@Izzie,
I was worried about that feline. I've taken a shine to this cat. Glad he's back.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:22 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:
Beagle getting ready for dinner. Lovely vegetable soup, roast potatoes with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sauce, and.......a pork fillet, followed by a desert of custard and fresh strawberries. Yummy, verbivore eat your heart out. Laughing

Bosun,I was just about to climb the stairs but my stomach saw your post and is hinting that it needs a little more.Re your menu,Verbs won't have the pork (veggy) but you could add some lime pickle and apple sauce for me.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:42 am
@Barry The Mod,
Sorry Harbourmaster I fogot to mention the apple sauce but Mrs. Beagle always serves that with pork, however lime pickle is unknown to me. Verbivore will have to eat a double portion of custard and strawberries if she is a vegan. Smile
Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:31 am
@Dutchy,
G'night mate.Will leave you with the washing up Cool .
Izzie

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:08 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Evening (((((((Crew))))))))))

too pooped, gonna droop - off to bed shortly

BUT

not before I tell you that S-boy has more lines in the school poduction (this is a big production and he's not done stage before on this scale - but he's such a great little actor) Very Happy

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhha

this one he got down pat years YEARS ago... bless him

Boy: "I ain't done it. Whatever it is, I ain't done it!

Happy Scrooge: Calm down my fine fellow!
Boy: 'Ere, it's isn't it? Let me be> I ain't been singing nowhere near you!"
Scrooge: Do you want to earn yourself a shilling, my little buck:
Boy: Cor, would I!
Scrooge: So you know the butcher's in the next street but one:
Boy: The one on the corner?
Scrooge: The very same. Clever boy! Excellent fellow! Do you know whether they've sold the prize turkey that was hanging up there?
Boy: The one as big as me?
Scrooge: What a delightful boy. It's a pleasure to talk to him! Yes, my little fellow.
Boy: It's hanging there now
Scrooge: Is it? Go and buy it.
Boy: Can't see it happening myself..."[/i]

and so on and so forth... bits and pieces... awwwwwwwwwwww

ha - talk about typecasting.= "I ain't done it. Whatever it is, I ain't done "

Wonder which A2Ker we could typecast as Scrooge Smile Wink Mr. Green I have an idea <ahem - mentioning no names>

so he has a few others earlier on in the script too and is mighty chuffed to bits with himself. Makes I smile. Will do him the world of good to express himself on stage.

mind you, he was a cranky goof tonight and was sent to his room Sad Overtired and a little anxious about Thurs. We did watch Ice Age 3 together. Bazza was innit! HA! "Buck with 'is cockney accent".

okay............. i gotta zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz slept a little thisavo... tard tard tard tho, soooooo tired

Charlie was a little stronger today - just get Thurs out the way and then... "go fight like a girl" xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I LOVE YOU SIS. xx

Glad my black kitty is beside me... gosh I missed him - his MIA posters are in the bureau... ya know, just in case - S-boy did some lovely posters to go in the PO window and around about. Ah, love him.

Hope Hbg is doing well (((Bethie, Hbg))) and our ((JPB is)) on the improve. Such very good news about our BOIDA... yayay

http://able2know.org/topic/103192-220#post-4359034

so verra verra pleased... inspiring boid 'er is Very Happy

Thinking of our Missy, Babbling, TC et al

... and BEAgle, know you would have a wonderful dinner - gosh, so pleased that you can eat what you wish for - very proud of you or your strength.

(((((((Blue)))))))) you xox x

nighty night and toodle pip

lovin' y'all xxxxxxxxxx

Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
@Izzie,
Night Izzie, Beagle just got up. Smile Proud of S-boy, don't forget to tell the little actor! Off to have brekkie and my cuppa.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 01:26 am

Is it time yet for the pictures of my bass?
Izzie

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 02:44 pm
@McTag,
Evening Crew

Ooooooooooooooh, big rain down 'ere in Deb'n!!!!

(((BEAgle))) - yep, will do, he's verra excited about getting more lines. He's at school tonight but coming home early from school tomorrow. x

Charlie is seeing the oncologist tomorrow - so please, THIN PIN (which, if my eyboard were woring, would say what my sig line says Mr. Green

Our Bazza is offline at the moment, so really hoping that BT will sort him out smartish Confused

McTag wrote:

Is it time yet for the pictures of my bass?

welllllllllllllll, yeah POMcT - been a while a?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/Bass.jpg

<strums fingers>

so, how's was the Bonnieland, matey? C'mon - details, we need details - where, when and was it <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>! Hope the Cabin Boy is well and happy and life is being good to you both.

Pics please xx

((Blue)) xox

lovin' the crew Very Happy

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:57:18