100 Days of School Thoughts

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
My daughter's school celebrates the 100th day of school by wearing 100 pieces of a certain item. For example - 100 beads to make a necklace. I am looking for some creative ideas for this. My older daughter has to wear certain clothes however, so it would have to within her uniform code (navy shirt, kakhi skirt).

Some of my ideas so far - googlie eyes on a sash or vest (older daughter loves that); 100 feathers glued on shirt sleeves (younger daughter likes) - my favorite, but neither appreciates it or likes it - print off the faces of 100 former presidential primary candidates preferably those that did not win.

Do you all have thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,418 • Replies: 10
No top replies

TigerLily1985

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:31 pm
Just a thought...
You could take a sharpie and draw a hundred pink and purple dots on their hands or something. Its an idea. Washes right off after a few days.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 04:41 pm
What about a beads in her hair? You could make lots of little braids and stick the beads in as you braid or put them on the ends.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 04:47 pm
Some other ideas:

-Safety pins - although may not be good to have pointy objects
-Paper clips - string them together and make a belt, necklace, bracelets, etc.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 12:10 am
100 nuts for the teacher, as the kids drove her probably nuts the entire
100 days.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:12 pm
MagicBlackCat wrote:
Some other ideas:

-Safety pins - although may not be good to have pointy objects
-Paper clips - string them together and make a belt, necklace, bracelets, etc.

I suggested the paper clips - they didn't like that - I guess one girl in my daughter's class did that last year.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:12 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
100 nuts for the teacher, as the kids drove her probably nuts the entire
100 days.

Oh the teacher would love that!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:21 pm
On the Sharpie idea, not nixing the idea but wouldn't use Sharpie, would use a water based marker. Sharpie has organic solvent in it, not meant for skin... that's why it doesn't wash off glass with water, etc.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:24 pm
ossobuco wrote:
On the Sharpie idea, not nixing the idea but wouldn't use Sharpie, would use a water based marker. Sharpie has organic solvent in it, not meant for skin... that's why it doesn't wash off glass with water, etc.

I thought about putting a 100 bandaids all over the kids' skin, but figured it would be too uncomfortable after a while.

Not sure how I feel about drawing on their skin even if it is washable.
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 07:25 pm
You could weave a hundred colorful post-its together with a long string, and your daughter could wear it like a sash. Tied around the waste and over the shoulder. Two holes on the top of each post-it should keep them from overlapping each other. I think the googly eyes would get more smiles though Smile .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:27 am
rainkeeper wrote:
You could weave a hundred colorful post-its together with a long string, and your daughter could wear it like a sash. Tied around the waste and over the shoulder. Two holes on the top of each post-it should keep them from overlapping each other. I think the googly eyes would get more smiles though Smile .

That does sound cool - I bought 144 googly eyes - that was the size of the package - now I think I will glue them to an old T-shirt she can wear over her navy uniform shirt. The eyes moving around will be fun.

I already finished the younger ones project. I bought a package of white feathers and glued them to an old white shirt. It looks really cool - the bonus if the shirt still fits her next fall she can wear that with a mardi gras mask of a bird like beak I saw with additional feathers glued on and dress on Halloween as a swan.
0 Replies