17

Do You Have Any Tips On How To Stop Smoking

bobsal u1553115

2  
Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2021 06:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
Very sad to hear that. I hope she appreciates the gathering here from the great beyond. I'd buy a round if we were somewhere.

marcusess 84

1  
Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:29 am
@JoanneDorel,
I can't quit smoking. If don't smoke all day, so eat a lot. Psychotherapy didn't work for me. Now I take pills, but they do not help me much yet.

mjseedscanada

-1  
Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2022 09:31 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Think positive. You might have tried to quit smoking before and not managed it, but don't let that put you off.
BillW

2  
Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2022 09:46 pm
@mjseedscanada,
mjseedscanada wrote:

Let me point out this thread is almost 20 twenty years old and Joanne stopped smoking many, many years ago. In fact she was forced to stop because she died in 2005. But your thoughts mj certainly hold true for all current smokers; whether they want to stop, or not!

What ever you do mj, keep posting.

mjseedscanada

0  
Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2022 08:13 pm
@JoanneDorel,
There are healthy benefits of quitting smoking that occur almost as soon as one stops smoking, but there are a number of other changes the body experiences when trying to kick the habit. Nicotine withdrawal can be a difficult part of trying to quit smoking.
Glennn

1  
Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2022 08:16 pm
@mjseedscanada,
In my experience, quitting didn't happen until I could come up with a good enough reason to not smoke. That's when I really learned about my values, or the lack thereof.
coluber2001

1  
Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2022 10:12 am
@Glennn,
I think negative reinforcement works best for quitting smoking. Even if you went to a hypnotist, he could plant a negative suggestion associated with smoking, so every time you smoked a cigarette, you would have an uncomfortable feeling. The negative message would have to be agreed upon before being hypnotized.

We have to remember that a sort of hypnosis or indoctrination from commercials made us want to start smoking in the first place.

Albuquerque

1  
Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2022 02:09 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Nop, no tips really!
I wish I had an idea on how to get there wherever that place is where a cigarette feels bad while an apple tastes good.
...over the years I keep smoking now heated cigarettes and I really shouldn't.
I've quit coffee, salt, and made diets, but the cigarettes are still my elected poison of choice!
Each cigarette brings a thought and with each thought the need for another cigarette!