Do You Have Any Tips On How To Stop Smoking

bobsal u1553115

Wed 1 Dec, 2021 06:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
Very sad to hear that. I hope she appreciates the gathering here from the great beyond. I'd buy a round if we were somewhere.
0 Replies

marcusess 84

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:29 am
@JoanneDorel,
I can't quit smoking. If don't smoke all day, so eat a lot. Psychotherapy didn't work for me. Now I take pills, but they do not help me much yet.
0 Replies

mjseedscanada

Sun 2 Jan, 2022 09:31 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Think positive. You might have tried to quit smoking before and not managed it, but don't let that put you off.
BillW

Sun 2 Jan, 2022 09:46 pm
@mjseedscanada,
mjseedscanada wrote:

Think positive. You might have tried to quit smoking before and not managed it, but don't let that put you off.

Let me point out this thread is almost 20 twenty years old and Joanne stopped smoking many, many years ago. In fact she was forced to stop because she died in 2005. But your thoughts mj certainly hold true for all current smokers; whether they want to stop, or not!

What ever you do mj, keep posting.
0 Replies

mjseedscanada

Sun 9 Jan, 2022 08:13 pm
@JoanneDorel,
There are healthy benefits of quitting smoking that occur almost as soon as one stops smoking, but there are a number of other changes the body experiences when trying to kick the habit. Nicotine withdrawal can be a difficult part of trying to quit smoking.
Glennn

Sun 9 Jan, 2022 08:16 pm
@mjseedscanada,
In my experience, quitting didn't happen until I could come up with a good enough reason to not smoke. That's when I really learned about my values, or the lack thereof.
coluber2001

Fri 14 Jan, 2022 10:12 am
@Glennn,
I think negative reinforcement works best for quitting smoking. Even if you went to a hypnotist, he could plant a negative suggestion associated with smoking, so every time you smoked a cigarette, you would have an uncomfortable feeling. The negative message would have to be agreed upon before being hypnotized.

We have to remember that a sort of hypnosis or indoctrination from commercials made us want to start smoking in the first place.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Fri 14 Jan, 2022 02:09 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Nop, no tips really!
I wish I had an idea on how to get there wherever that place is where a cigarette feels bad while an apple tastes good.
...over the years I keep smoking now heated cigarettes and I really shouldn't.
I've quit coffee, salt, and made diets, but the cigarettes are still my elected poison of choice!
Each cigarette brings a thought and with each thought the need for another cigarette!
0 Replies

Cybermonster

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 03:13 am
@JoanneDorel,
Well, almost. Let's just say I'm living nicotine free now and I feel really great. My story: I started with Marlboro Red (who doesn't know, it's one of the strongest cigarettes), then I wanted to quit because it was too bad for my health, but it was hard to do at once so I switched to a vape with 5% nicotine. And gradually I started reducing the dose. Later on I smoked 1.5% and then 0%. I'm still smoking vape but it's not bad for me so I don't want to get rid of it.
Cybermonster

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 11:11 am
@Cybermonster,
Yeah, you know, I forgot I didn't tell you my whole story. In between switching to increasingly lower nicotine levels, I smoked cbd vapes and felt pretty good. Don't believe people when they tell you they are addicted only to nicotine. It's not really like that. It's the habit and psychological addiction itself that matters in smoking, not just the nicotine. But that's what I learned from this site (this is not an advertisement!!!). Just the articles that are there really helped me understand the nature of my addiction and I would be glad if it proves useful to you.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

mjseedscanada

Tue 3 May, 2022 06:29 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Develop new habits and routines. If you associate cigarettes with your morning coffee, switch to water or juice.
0 Replies

mjseedscanada

Wed 11 May, 2022 11:45 pm
@JoanneDorel,
Try nicotine replacement therapy. Ask your doctor about nicotine replacement therapy.
0 Replies

Onni

Mon 23 May, 2022 08:25 am
If you want to quit smoking, here are a few tips that may help:
1. Make a plan. Decide when and how you're going to quit smoking. Write down your plan and keep it in a place where you can see it every day.
2. Set a date for quitting smoking. Choose a date that is far enough in the future so that you have time to prepare but not so far away that you will forget about it.
3. Get rid of all of your cigarettes and tobacco products . Throw out all of your cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, and anything else related to smoking . This will make it harder for you to relapse into old habits .
4. Tell your friends and family about your plans to quit smoking . They can support you through the process by providing encouragement and helpful tips.
5. Avoid situations where there is likely be temptation , such as parties or bars. If necessary , take along someone who won't let you smoke or drink alcohol
0 Replies

owdcodger

Thu 21 Jul, 2022 12:59 am
@JoanneDorel,
just quit.i woke up and said no more smoking for me that was 10yrs ago, i used to have a rolled up paper in the shape of a ciggie,i would just hold it between my fingers until the craving had passed
0 Replies