my girlfriend has another man's child - can I live with it?

eoe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:38 am
Kerver, step-perenting isn't easy, by any means. I have been to hell and back with my husbands' children but because I'm in love with him and figured that they've got to grow up sooner or later (and it's been later more than sooner with each of them), when he proposed, I accepted. The great thing is, all three kids adore me. The tough part is, they were brought up by someone else-sometimes it felt like a pack of hyenas- with ideas and morals and processes completely different from your own. That's when the clashing begins. And your poor husband is in the middle.
If you survive it, the rewards are many. When my steps let me know how grateful they are that I came into their lives, it feels very nice, indeed. Smile
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:48 am
Thanks for that eoe, that was almost kinda touching, seriously. Thanks for your input.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:50 pm
My pleasure.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:42 pm
Has anyone heard from Johno? No?
0 Replies

Truthteller

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:21 am
@CodeBorg,
His feelings are very natural, most male primates will not accept the child of other males. And in many cases will kill them if given the opportunity.
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:31 pm
@Johno,
You're not ready for this. Not saying you're a bad person.. What if he were a virile teenager...just saying. You're not ready. Some people are never ready.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:45 pm
@Truthteller,
Truthteller wrote:

His feelings are very natural, most male primates will not accept the child of other males. And in many cases will kill them if given the opportunity.

And this hypothetical child would be at least 11 years older now. So the point is late and utterly moot.

Don't you realize you replied to a 10+ year old post from a member who hasn't been back since summer of 2012?
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's still interesting to explore the subject...isn't it?!
0 Replies

LYNDYC

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 07:53 am
Let me be honest with you, you are being selfish, your girlfriend cannot abandon her child coz of your feelings. You will end up killing the baby too, a child is a blessing from God, just think and put yourself in her shoes, let's say you are dead now and have a child with one young woman, how would you feel if your baby mother is treated that way or your child? Stop being selfish and raise this child as your own. If you love the mother, you also have to love everything about her or that belongs to her.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 10:20 am
@LYNDYC,
This thread is 16 years old. This two year old is now going to college.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 10:28 am
@LYNDYC,
LYNDYC wrote:

let's say you are dead now and have a child with one young woman, how would you feel if your baby mother is treated that way or your child?

I guess he wouldn’t feel any way about it because he would be dead.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 10:53 am
@chai2,
Chai makes a valid point Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 12:34 pm
@chai2,
LYNDYC wrote:

let's say you are dead now and have a child with one young woman

Also, this is kind of a really disgusting scenerio.

I don't think it's even possible, and even then, I'm pretty sure it's illegal.
0 Replies

okkkroniienko

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 04:32 am
@Johno,
It seems to me that if you love a person you can close your eyes. There is no place for ego in a relationship. So if you really love a person and want to be with him, just be.
0 Replies

Adepoju kolawole

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 06:30 am
Johno,I will not say your feelings are bad or negative because I'm also in the same situation.I knew my girl before it even happened. It's 6years now and it hasn't exactly been smooth. There have been offs and on,but this time we got back together and then she found out she was pregnant for a guy she was just having sex with,she claims she doesn't love him and can never cus she has tried but then I also feel the same way you do.sometimes I even wish the baby never existed but then what can I do,I think the best option is to leave like everyone is saying,cus the baby needs her mom and I can't keep living with these feelings.
0 Replies

username236734746

Reply Fri 14 May, 2021 08:20 am
@Johno,
you are FUCKED
0 Replies